Mental Health Negativity vs positivity

lecroute

Bluelighter
There's this one threat in the Dark Side subforum:
( Am I allowed to link threats into a thread? If not, please feel to correct my mistake)

The thing is, there this one thread where people are asked to.post something positive. And there are a lot that deal.with the opposite. I understand people need to vent, complain, get steam off, tell sad stories, write and read about own and others' problems. It's definitely a great part of recovery and dealing with struggles.
But positive things are too.
When I was moved from a country where people were generally content though their lives were hard to a country where life was easy but people were complaining all the time, I refused to adapt.
Now, decades later, I still can find joy in little things and try to focus on them instead of the ugly stuff. Especially when I'm going through a hard time.

I don't want to criticize anyone for not sharing positive things. And if you think I'm too naive, well that's your opinion and you're entitled to it.

But I would really like to read your thoughts about why so many people (in general) prefer to focus on negative things instead of positive things.

people experience the negative stuff out weighing the positives. some people are just dealt a shitty hand in life.

there is some power in learning not to complain, but sometimes stuff just gets bad, even if it's not that bad, the way the world is set up, it's pretty easy for life to be unbearable for a lot of people... even people that get what they want are often unhappy though, so the perspective a person has can definitely help.

Since getting out of the psych ward i have noticed that i have become alot more positive overall. Now it's like no matter what goes wrong well atleast im not locked up. Im definetely more of a glass half full guy now. Especially if theres beer in the glass lol.

But i notice i enjoy the small things in life more now. Like today i was having a bbq and i was thinking damn i am glad i am not locked up where there is no bbq or beer or fuck all. So i guess its all how you look at it

A couple months ago, I was in very bad place. I worked to get out of it. Everything seemed to go well, there was bright sunlight at the end of the tunnel.
This afternoon I learned that there's been changes in my health insurance plan and now I have to pay about 40% more per month, which won't put me on the street but it's still a lot of money. I learned that the same thing happened to my mom a few months back (she never talks about this kind of stuff).
I really suck at this kind of modern civilization stuff. It completely overwhelms me and it left me unable to even operate my washing machine. I left a mess at work (will have to redo everything tomorrow), threw my dogs out of the house (they were happy with the extra outside time, but they sensed something was not ok).
I took some leftover quarters of Clonazepam I left in a small metal container because I wasn't even able to open a new box.
And while I waited for the clona to kick in, I discovered the first cherry tomato on a plant I planted only two months ago!
It didn't made for back to normal. But it made me smile and suddenly things weren't as bad anymore.

Since getting out of the psych ward i have noticed that i have become alot more positive overall.
I hope you keep getting better so you'll never have to go back to the psych ward again!
Its hard to ignore pain.
Pain is a very powerful emotion. One of the basic ones. The real ones.
the way the world is set up, it's pretty easy for life to be unbearable for a lot of people..
Reading this makes me sad. Because I think there's always something you can do. But I would be lying if I said I haven't had that kind of thoughts myself not long ago.

A couple months ago, I was in very bad place. I worked to get out of it. Everything seemed to go well, there was bright sunlight at the end of the tunnel.
This afternoon I learned that there's been changes in my health insurance plan and now I have to pay about 40% more per month, which won't put me on the street but it's still a lot of money. I learned that the same thing happened to my mom a few months back (she never talks about this kind of stuff).
I really suck at this kind of modern civilization stuff. It completely overwhelms me and it left me unable to even operate my washing machine. I left a mess at work (will have to redo everything tomorrow), threw my dogs out of the house (they were happy with the extra outside time, but they sensed something was not ok).
I took some leftover quarters of Clonazepam I left in a small metal container because I wasn't even able to open a new box.
And while I waited for the clona to kick in, I discovered the first cherry tomato on a plant I planted only two months ago!
It didn't made for back to normal. But it made me smile and suddenly things weren't as bad anymore.

Capitalism is the cause of so much depression in our world.

It requires less effort to be negative is the feeling I am getting this world will run you into the ground if you don't intentionally choose positivity (just being a responsible grown-up is all it takes?) or I am feeling super jaded and frayed in the sanity muscle without applying much myself recently I am extremely negative but in public would be ashamed to be caught at it

I have good entities (pay homage to multiple may even not be the same 0nes day to day) on my left and right shoulder and a heinous goblin of a flying circus monkey fiend on my back who whispers in both ears the loudest right now

It's a war between light and dark there is no other way to put it the scary part is I prefer taking orders from the monkey today

My problem isn't the monkey on my back per se I reckon I should start to take responsibility for my choices and look at how what I do today impacts how I feel tomorrow which I suck that hard at

My issue is how much I like their voice