• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

needles from some bags get dull faster than others???

tightlywound

Bluelighter
am I crazy or has anyone else who reuses rigs and goes through a lot of them noticed this?
DISCLAIMER -- please no lecturing about how reusing points is bad ...I certainly know, I've been in the game long enough. I do buy boxes of 100 but I'd have to buy a new box every few weeks at the least if I used a fresh one every single time ...doesn't sound so bad but I'm kind of chronically broke and insulin syringes are hard to shoplift. even given that I'm well aware I use them way too long. =/ blame apathy. I keep the rigs in my car and I shoot up in my upstairs bathroom and just can't generally be arsed to get a fresh one if I'm already in the bathroom and didn't remember while I was downstairs before I was getting ready to go my thing. I know I suck.

ANYWAY. it seems that I'll get some bags, the needles from which stay sharp foreverrr, like a scary long time, and I toss them while they're still fully functionally sharp just cause I'm like "well it's honestly really old, this can't be good, even if it does still seem almost good as new." whereas the needles from some other bags, even from the same box, are almost completely worthless w/in a day or two. and it's always ALL the needles w/in a bag are either long lasting or dead w/in a couple days, never a mix.

once I even got a brand new fresh point that seemed "fishhooked" (visually imperceptibly obviously, but I could clearly feel it) straight out of the bag in one of these bags of "shitty rigs." I chucked that one almost immediately of course.

anyone experienced this or know why this is?
quality control issues??