• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Need some advice...

Hopeful/scared

Greenlighter
I've never posted on something like this so I'm not sure what I'm doing... I have questions about meth withdrawal. I've done meth EVERYDAY for 9 months and I need to stop. I'm trying to be prepared for the withdrawal that's going to happen soon. I don't want my daughter to know but I have to detox here at the house... is there anyway I can do that with her or my other family members not knowing???? And please tell me it won't be as bad as alcohol withdrawal... I drank everyday for 10 years and had horrible hallucinations and almost died, lasted a month I already had put my family though that last year at this time.... They can't know that I've been using meth. can anyone give me some advice on how to do this.... I gotta keep getting to work everyday as well... Or is it hopeless.

Youll need a week off and just pass it off as having a bad flu or virus to your family. Het some help from your doctor. Tell them whats going on and hopefully you can get a short script of benzos or seroquel. Just keep up your fluids and try to eat healthy food and ride it out.

Its not the worst thing to get over physically at all but to stop snapping at people and have a calm environment just do it as privately as possible.

Youll be fine just tired and lacking the energy you were used to.

Meth withdrawal usually involves a lot of rest. If you have to work, try and schedule things so you don't have anything other than that for a week or two.

It won't be anything like alcohol withdrawal though, so you don't have to worry about that. Entire different sort of withdrawal experience.

I've never posted on something like this so I'm not sure what I'm doing... I have questions about meth withdrawal. I've done meth EVERYDAY for 9 months and I need to stop. I'm trying to be prepared for the withdrawal that's going to happen soon. I don't want my daughter to know but I have to detox here at the house... is there anyway I can do that with her or my other family members not knowing???? And please tell me it won't be as bad as alcohol withdrawal... I drank everyday for 10 years and had horrible hallucinations and almost died, lasted a month I already had put my family though that last year at this time.... They can't know that I've been using meth. can anyone give me some advice on how to do this.... I gotta keep getting to work everyday as well... Or is it hopeless.

In your situation solution can be: schedule next let say 10 days, and everyday use smaler doses so you will not be "shocked" (mean on your body). Hope you understand, take in next 10 days like you took in previous 9 months but every day let your dose 9/10 compared to previous day.

Thanks guys. And I would try to tapper off but that's not really an option because it's not available to me anymore if I knew it was leaving I would had been better prepared. But but glad to hear it's not going to be anything like Alcohol withdrawal that was scary shit!

My whole life I have had depression and panic attacks and I can already feel myself start to freak out a little about the fact it's gone. I keep trying to keep my mind busy.

Honestly tapering with this substance isn't as necessary as alcohol, benzos, or opiates. It could be more comfortable, but it will only stretch it out not make it easier

A little Pseudoephedrine might make the first couple days a little easier, or at least help with getting going in the mornings for work but tapering with heavier stims will just drag this out as the others have stated...

invest in some benzos to take the edge off and take a bit of time off work to recoup. oh and get yourself some distractions, i always find videogames take my mind off the wd's

Only have 2 Clonazepam but I have a shit load of trazodone tramadol and bupropion would that help any???

so this is more emotional and less of a physical thing?

The downers are most likely going to be more effective while you still have some amps left in your system and sleeping is broken up and not very rejuvenating. After a couple days in it's lethargy and depression that will be most prominent. Eating healthy, vitamins/ supplements, hydrating are all things that will help speed your recovery. The tramadol has a snri effect as well as pain relief that might be a big help as well when you start to feel a little raw. Just keep it under 450mg to avoid seizure risk from the trams.

You want off meth? Find somewhere to sleep for a week, and drink coffee if your tired. You quit by just stopping. I'm trying to say, rip the band aid off.

Sure it will be rough, but it won't kill you. You will just be tired af for a while.

(UTFSE) aka using the search engine and reading up. Eat healthy, drink some Gator... and just deal with it.

I strongly suggest you don't even use Tramadol. Your asking for trouble with that shit. You need some cozy stuff to take the edge off.

Aside from what has been mentioned, there reallly is no simple answer. If you can obtain some benzodiazepines, that would help your brain. Valerian, chamomile tea, etc, will help.

Your seizure risk risk is higher during this time. Be careful and read some of the threads about the withdrawal process.

Off topic a bit but how can you take it everyday for 9 months? I'd imagine the buzz is gone but even keeping you awake, does it even have that effect anymore?

Thanks! But I have to go to work. I'll lose my job and can't see a doctor. Hope I can do this.

I dont know what you do for work but I dont think its legal to sack you if you are sick.

Assuming you dont work weekends then you should start prepping on wed avo after work. You must stick to it.

Which means removing and stashing elsewhere your stash. Shower. Eat. Water. Go to bed. Be antisocial and say you have a mad headache. Try to get some voltaren for body aches. Dont do any gear at all wed eve.

Thursday. One small bit only. Just enough to just feel it. Work . Drink plenty of water and eat a decent lunch. Dont have any more at all but you will be craving it so make sure you can not until next morning.

Fri am. This is your last bit. You now have to get through 1 day of work and you can say youve been unwell in the last week but youre a trooper and will use the weekend to recover.

By now youll be fighting the decision to stop so whatever gear and equipment you have put it somewhere safe but too hard to get to (not a meth friends house tho ffs) or toss it.

You will be cranky and achy and snappy so just keep to yourself and chuck on netflix and take some OT pain meds.

Its easier if you dont work and seroquel is given out a lot for sleeping problems as its aeen as non addictive. And trust me it really helps to stop the brain crazies.

I dont know what you do for work but I dont think its legal to sack you if you are sick.

Assuming you dont work weekends then you should start prepping on wed avo after work. You must stick to it.

Which means removing and stashing elsewhere your stash. Shower. Eat. Water. Go to bed. Be antisocial and say you have a mad headache. Try to get some voltaren for body aches. Dont do any gear at all wed eve.

Thursday. One small bit only. Just enough to just feel it. Work . Drink plenty of water and eat a decent lunch. Dont have any more at all but you will be craving it so make sure you can not until next morning.

Fri am. This is your last bit. You now have to get through 1 day of work and you can say youve been unwell in the last week but youre a trooper and will use the weekend to recover.

By now youll be fighting the decision to stop so whatever gear and equipment you have put it somewhere safe but too hard to get to (not a meth friends house tho ffs) or toss it.

You will be cranky and achy and snappy so just keep to yourself and chuck on netflix and take some OT pain meds.

Its easier if you dont work and seroquel is given out a lot for sleeping problems as its aeen as non addictive. And trust me it really helps to stop the brain crazies.

I can't miss work because I'm already on a thin line for missing too much.... I'm 'unreliable' I'm kinda doing what you said. I've had next to nothing all day and only have a small amount left. I'm fine for now... Bitchy but fine. thanks

Last edited:
Another good thing that will definitely help you sleep is kava kava ( or just kava) they sell it at health food stores and such. This will enable you to sleep when your not working.

You brew it into tea but you can buy the extracts. Definitely look into this!

Good luck!