• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Need help with Suboxone

Sidbrackman76

Greenlighter
I relapsed several times in the past two months while being on suboxone. Im currently crushing and injesting around 200 mg oxycontin. Two weeks ago I took 8 mg suboxone after 14 hours of taking the oxy. I felt sick the entire day. I dont know if this was pws but I didnt feel great. I would take suboxone every 12 hours but I would take 4 mg on my evening dose. I was very nauseous and had a chilly feeling the whole time . It got better at day 3 with the chills still staying with me. I relapsed again after a bad argument with my girl. Im in the same position now at 200 mg oxy. Two days from now I want to start suboxone again. I have plenty but what I want to know is how much should I induce on. Did I do too little? Please help. I cut off the ties to where I get my stuff so there is no going back.

I don't think you took too little, in fact I think you took too much.
8mg after 14 hours is way too high, imo. I would wait as long as you possibly can after your last oxy dose and start with 2mg. If you don't feel WORSE, but you still feel shitty after an hour or two, take 2mg more. You can always take more, but you can't take less.
When I got off heroin, I waited a full 24 hours before taking suboxone.

I'm not sure. In my experience, precipitated w/d's were HORRIFIC. I would say you'd know if you were experiencing them, but there might be varying degrees of it.

There were also times I'd be sick all day after taking sub- but not like the day I went into precipitated w/d. I guess the difference to me is: unlike precipitated withdrawal, I wouldn't be worse off after taking the sub, but I didn't feel any better. With precipitated withdrawal, you feel 100x worse than you did before taking the sub, within 10 mins.

I think the problem might just be because your body has not adjusted to being on subs yet, so the transition period is pretty uncomfortable. The first and second day are always the shittiest. But I'm not a doc, so none of this is factual. Just my experience

so let me straighten this up, if i can.
Precepitated withdrawal, How exactly does it work? (example, take hydrocodone on monday, and suboxone on tuesday morning, or other way around)

As ark9 rightly put it: you need to exercise caution when initiating suboxone. By caution, I mean that you should be in (mild) withdrawals before taking subs. To be safe from pWDs, you really want to make sure you're feeling at least a little bit of normal WDs before taking your subs.

And I also agree with ark9: you will KNOW if the subs put you into precipitated WDs. Holy fuck, that is an awful experience.