• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Need help tapering off suboxone

spacetrippin

Bluelighter
I go to a clinic for suboxone
And the worst craziest thing just happined
They told me the I failed my last two drug tests they came back with nothing
No bupe no drugs
I did not take anything that the crazy part I haven't done a drug since last year
6 months ago and it was etizolam
Soo
I may be kicked out soon
Not sure
Soo I need a plan
I work weekends and cannot lose my job
I also start school September
And that is a must
I have 300 grams of Kratom aswell
Get paid bi weekly
I need an out
Please help
Mybe plan the best least painful way out of this
Thanks

Were you not taking your suboxone regularly? What dose are you on right now? And how much suboxone do you have left right now if you were to be cut off soon?

I'm kind of new to suboxone - I just started taking it in December to help me get off my oxy habit/hell.... but if you go to my thread a little bit down on this page (I think it's titled something like "tapering off subs - scared but excited" you'll see a lot of good advice from people who have been down that road before. And one person (I apologize I can't remember his name right now) laid out a great tapering timeline bc I only had a limited supply of subs to work with (around 30 of the 8mg strips).

I've found that when I did a slow taper I really didn't feel any side effects I got down to 1.5mg a day and then had some medical stuff come up... anyway, I'd suggest reading that thread bc there's a lot of good advice on there that will answer the questions you've got right now.

Keep us posted!

Oh and btw I started using subs the first week of a new job. However it was never my intention to stay on th for long term maintenance due to my limited supply so basically after the first couple days of using suboxone (started at 8mg for the first 2 days) I started tapering, so it can be done while working and going to school, etc, ....., the key is to taper slowly!

How much suboxone do you have left? Every 2 days reducing 25% will help lower tolerance and now it a little easier if you have a decent amount of suboxone left. 10 strips or so. I found that if I took .5 strip for a week. Then cut down to 3/8 for 4 or 5 days then a 1/4 for 4 or 5 days and keep downgrading it makes it SO MUCH easier. Let me know if i can help

Did they just spring this on your now OP? Do you get your medication directly through the office of a prescribing physician or a clinic's physician?

Generally speaking they will not just leave you hanging dry even if they do kick you off, and also, generally speaking, if you have a good track record with compliance prior to this and can bring in some material (like what TLD posted) substantiating your claims you likely won't be kicked off at all. All clinics and doctors will be a bit different, but most are not that inhumane.