• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Need help fast. I just started Suboxone two days ago and need some answers.

DROCK87

Greenlighter
I just started Suboxone two days ago and need some answers on stopping it.

Hi I'm new here and hope this is the right place for this question.

I was on hydrocodone for a while and was having a hard time getting off them and my doctor gave me a script for Suboxone, only a 7 day supply until I see him again. The thing is my insurance doesn't cover Suboxone and I have read horror story's about it. I have only taken it twice now, once a day it's 8-2mg. I still have 5 pills left but want to stop taking it, if I stopped now after only taking it twice would I get withdrawls from it? Any advice would be great as in need some help figuring this out before I take my next dose. Thank you all for any help.

Last edited:
doesn't seem like you've been taking it enough to develop true wd's.

Thank you for the reply. I saw my doctor today and he said just keep taking half every two days until I get to 1/8 of a pill then stop and see how I feel and if I feel any symptoms just to take the smallest amount I can to stop WDs. To be clear I only took half a dose the past two days.

Your doctor has the right idea. A quick taper would be ideal in your situation as opposed to dragging it out. Wish you the best!

Thank you. I will make sure to update this thread to see how the taper goes. Thanks again!

Yesterday I didn't take anything and felt absoultly fine. No urges or anything. Today though I felt a little bit of WD, chills and and a very small amount of weakness so I ended up taking 1mg and I went back to normal. I have 3 8mgs left so if 1mg makes a difference and if I have to take that every other day or more depending on how I feel I think that's a good start to getting off these. Just a little update for ya guys.