• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Stimulants Need basic info about Adderall (ab)use / come down

lecroute

Bluelighter
Researching about Adderall (among other amphetamines) I read that people might experience very nasty come down.
I can imagine why, but...

How much would a petite person have to take (first time Adderall without having a "medical" need for it) to feel recreational effects, how long would they last and my most important question: what would a come down feel like, if any?

How bad the comedown is is usually related to how long a person has been up and how much they used. If you don't keep redosing, manage to eat (a bit) and drink throughout the day, and just go to bed at almost normal bedtime (having dosed first thing in the morning) you might not really notice much of a comedown. It very much depends on the person though. I don't experience comedowns really, but I also don't experience euphoria. So we might consider that how 'down' you feel is somewhat related, and in proportion, to how 'up' you felt from the high.

As for the dose, start out very small if you've never used before. 10mg should be enough to feel pretty decent recreational effects if you've never used before and are not a massive caffeine drinker. Don't forget you can always increase the dose but you can't reduce it once taken, so start out small. Maybe even 5mg might be enough to feel nice for you. Expect effects to last an entire day (at least). So take very early and try not to redose (if you decide to do so) after about midday.

Adderall, compared to something like meth, has relatively very little comedown or withdrawal, but that's not to say it can't happen.

When people talk about adderall comedown they're generally referring to 3 things:
-lack of food (low blood sugar, poor mood, headache)
-dehydration
-insomnia

The comedown is made significantly worse by all 3. If you take care of these things during your use it's really not that bad. The average person does not tend to these things while using amphetamines because the drug itself creates an acute aversion to them.

But to answer your other question, adderall has a hard ceiling effect on its recreational potential. Anything over 40mg of pharms amphetamine is just overkill and only increases side effects and not the recreational effects.

For someone new, I'd reccomend staying below 20mg, and only dose it in the morning. Redosing later in the day is going to lead to a poor experience if you plan on sleeping or living a normal day the next morning.

You can prevent the rebound from amphetamine to some extent by using centrally active antioxidants, in particular emoxypine. It protects against the auto-oxidation of dopamine which seems to be a major factor for crash and neurotoxicity of psychostimulants. Note that I didn't try amph+emoxypine but methylphenidate which causes a similar crash/rebound.

Otherwise I can only agree to what's been said, it's crucial to stay hydrated and nourished and to get enough sleep to avoid stimulant psychosis.

When I was prescribed d-amphetamine (for attention deficit disorder), my first dosage were even just 2.5mg and I still got some interesting effects. This never came back fully, seems there was some sort of novelty factor involved. But I'd second to stay as low as 10mg, more can have you uncomfortably over-stimmed and induce anxiety, headache, scattered mind etc.

So we might consider that how 'down' you feel is somewhat related, and in proportion, to how 'up' you felt from the high.
Haven't thought of this, but now that you mention it - it makes sense!
adderall has a hard ceiling effect on its recreational potential. Anything over 40mg of pharms amphetamine is just overkill and only increases side effects and not the recreational effects.
ceiling effect...
it's crucial to stay hydrated and nourished and to get enough sleep to avoid stimulant psychosis.
stimulant psychosis...
thanks to all of you for the information. I think I have the basics I was looking for and got even some extra stuff :)

100mg of adderall should suffice. Duration of action 4 to 6 hours. And the come down just depends on if you stay up for nights. If you stay up for nights and then eat you will crash immediately. It feels like there's razors under your sore muscles. But this is from binging for days and increasing the dose.

If it was just the 100mg at the beginning of the day you would be good by night to go to bed and your come down would consist of be tired and irritable.

100mg of adderall should suffice. Duration of action 4 to 6 hours. And the come down just depends on if you stay up for nights. If you stay up for nights and then eat you will crash immediately. It feels like there's razors under your sore muscles. But this is from binging for days and increasing the dose.

If it was just the 100mg at the beginning of the day you would be good by night to go to bed and your come down would consist of be tired and irritable.
100mg of Adderall?? does not sound like a safe dosage whatsoever

Look, I'm being real w you. If you have ADD, treat it, but doing this makes it so difficult especially for those who have many regrets to even get a script. I'm not judging you, cuz I totally get it. Benzos wouldn't help. Eating and taking like 15 MG of Zyprexa would make you fall asleep almost instantly. No reason to bring out the big guns. Plus they are very dangerous. Anyways please be safe.

Please don't recommend a petite first time user take 100mg. You know that's not a good idea and it's definitely not in the spirit of harm reduction. The duration of action is also much longer than 4-6 hours, even moreso if a person takes a large dose.

Please don't recommend a petite first time user take 100mg. You know that's not a good idea and it's definitely not in the spirit of harm reduction. The duration of action is also much longer than 4-6 hours, even moreso if a person takes a large dose.
Oh well i don't mean to be malicious. I just have a friend that can take up to 600mg over a 8 hour period. 100mg is 5 20's, to anyone that's been taking it for a decade or so a 5 pills over the course of 12 hours is not heavy, and isn't going to hurt be even petite. It might just get you a little high. Seriously 100mg isn't huge over the span of 6 to 12 hours. I would start with 40 then go to 80 after a couple to a few hours, and then pop the last one whenever you want. If you know REALLY what your talking about, you know this isn't going to hurt even a petite. Like what's going to happen? They might start organizing everything, or cleaning, or reading incessantly. It's not like they're are going to have a stroke, brain bleed, seizure, or die. 100mg is not a HUGE dose, it isn't even moderate, it's actually mild. This drug is my forte, i know what I'm talking about... Harm reduction, don't take them all at once. Take them over the course of 6 to 8 to 12 hours, and your actually really safe. Peace to all.

That's 5 20mg pills. I mean if it's your first time or last time five pills isnt going to be probably even neurotoxic. Bro I've been doing this for over a decade and am not going to give a bad recommendation. You think I'm just randomly typing in numbers? Over 4 to 6 hours 5 pills taken piecemeal is not going to do anything but get you moderately high even if your petite.

Take 1 20mg pill and wait a couple hours and tell me how you feel? Probably not a lot.

Your safe to take two in the first two hours and two in the next two hours, and one more in your last two hours. Which is 4 to 6 hours.

That sounds ultra safe to me.
I wouldn't spread misinformation that's actually going to hurt someone. I have a friend that's been doing it long enough that i trust. And this isn't malice or bad judgement, these or just facts.

Like i said take one pill and wait a couple hours? Can you really not handle it (if it's really enough just stick with that, i just thought you were trying to get actually get HIGH), you probably really can, therefore you'll be safe taking another.

If your good with 1 pill every couple hours, do that. It will save your tolerance. But if you REALLY LIKE ACTUALLY WANT TO GET HIGH 100mg over 4 to 6 hours

I'm sorry if i come off the wrong way, my friend would be REALLY lucky to feel anything from 100mg. So, and he does it atleast once a month (so he shouldn't have much of a tolerance.) And xanax,klonopin,valium,lorazepam will help your come down tremendously (if your not tolerant.)

I would recommend 40mg Racemic Amphetamine (Adderall) to a first-time user. This is enough to understand what it is all about without causing any serious issues on the back end when you come down.

Some people don't experience comedowns that badly. If you're like myself, comedowns from stimulants are absolutely terrible. Even 40mg Amphetamine is a bitch for me. the 4-6 hours of fun time will typically end with about 4 hours of lethargy and psychic depression. I knew and understood from day one that for myself, everything that I got from stimulants would be taken back nearly tit for tat. My best friend and I would often take Amphetamines in High School and college. He would experience come downs as just "being tired". He could still crack a smile, have a conversation... all that shit. For me, I become very blue and I'm basically not functional until it's over. I could maybe go buy groceries or whatever, but don't ask me to go to work or a dinner party.

You will have to experience for yourself. I would recommend the dose of 40mg Amphetamine. See how that goes. You can help mitigate the symptoms of the comedown by staying hydrated, eating a meal of some kind prior to your Amphetamine and taking it in such a way that you're able to sleep normally that evening. Taking 40mg Amphetamine at 8:00pm on a weekday is a recipe for two straight days of bullshit.

I'm prescribed 20 MG twice a day. I'm trying to get it where I take half a pill in the morning the other half in the evening. Other then that 40 is maxed out when it comes to Adderall since I get more anxiety the higher I go which in turn will make me pop half a klonopin. If I didn't have what happened to me in 05 I highly doubt I would have any anxiety but trauma does that to you. It can be very debilitating at times. I'm slowly starting my wean off klonopin myself. Doctors don't have a clue how to wean unless they have read studied and applied the Ashton manual where I will feel safest. I want to solely rely on Lyrica. I know I can do it. I've been there and I know it's possible. Please tho for the sake of those needing these scripts do the right thing. Plastering it all over BL even tho it's harm reduction just makes it harder for those suffering. I hope I'm making sense in a way that doesn't come off as stuck up. That's way outta the sphere of what I'm trying to say. Adderall is already in high demand and to quote my Doctor it all seems very suspicious. I pray I'm not taken off it but if I am oh well.

Researching about Adderall (among other amphetamines) I read that people might experience very nasty come down.
I can imagine why, but...

How much would a petite person have to take (first time Adderall without having a "medical" need for it) to feel recreational effects, how long would they last and my most important question: what would a come down feel like, if any?
Adderall come downs are baby come downs compared to most substituted amphetamines and methcathinones.

You don't even need very strong benzos to even you out. Valium will do just fine.

If your Adderall naive, that's going to be a pretty strong dose and you're going to feel hella good.

If you're on prescription adderall say 20 mg three times a day which is not unheard of, especially for people with diseases that cause fatigue, or recalcitrant ADHD. Then a good 180 mg is probably what you need to really get off.

Pretty orange pills.

And none of that XR b*******.

adderall has a hard ceiling effect on its recreational potential. Anything over 40mg of pharms amphetamine is just overkill and only increases side effects and not the recreational effects.
I would have to disagree with that.

100 mg is a pretty fun time.

180 mg is a great party that lasts a good 6 to 9 hours.

Obviously this is in someone who is amphetamine tolerant. However, 40 mg in someone who has ADHD or with fatigue is a go to sleep dose honestly.

Agree with all the eat, take vitamin C, and stay hydrated advice.