• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Nearly Perforated Septum

cryingmybest

Greenlighter
So, I've been snorting 7.5 Opana (ER oxymorphone) for about a couple years now with a small amount of damage to my nose. It seems that my nose looked a bit different than before I started, but after a certain point, it seemed to have plateaud and stopped getting worse. I used to be on percocet, which actually worked, but with doctors going to far too the other extreme in the midst of the opiate crisis and harming those who actually need these medications, my doctor insisted that I be switched to an extended release pain killer because it's less addictive. Well, that backfired! When taken as prescribed, Opana do next to nothing to treat my severe chronic pain, so I started crushing and snorting them. It started out just to get the slightest bit of pain relief - I have a fracture in my back - but got me more dependent on the medication than ever, and hooked on snorting.

Fast forward to now. I was recently prescribed 20 mg ritalin for my ADHD. It's fantastic taken by mouth, but I just couldn't stop myself from trying it up the nose. And that was even better.

So I went through 26 pills in the span of a week. I know, stupid. I knew it was stupid at the time but due to my now addictive personality, and a lot of stress in my life currently, I just couldn't stop. My nose is now considerably worse; if I shine a flashlight in my nose, it easily shines through my septum, and both sides of my septum are red with very visible red... veins I think? It also looks like my nose is worn thin inward, and upwards, deeper inside.

I stopped snorting the ritalin after one week, a few days ago, but I've continued to snort the Opana. It's possible I have a perforated septum farther up in my nose, but to my knowledge I do not. It's currently not perforated at the entrance, but it looks like it's probably close. I haven't had any nosebleeds, and it doesn't really hurt in general or to touch, but I'm just worried by how it looks.

What I'm wondering is, will it heal now that I've stopped snorting the ritalin? Or do I also need to stop snorting Opana? Or will it even heal at all on it's own? Is there anything I can do to aid the healing process?

Thanks!

It's probably not going to heal or get better if you keep snorting shit. That'd be my guess.

I have a deviated septum. It's not the end of the world but letting your nose heal would be smart

Well, continued irritation of a wound is not going to be conducive to the healing process.

the nose doesn't repair itself, quit snorting if u don't want it to get worse. Like cj said I have a deviated septum too from years of snorting cocaine and poppers but it's OK I think so.I was kinda obsessed with it at first thinking it looked bad but I got used to it.