Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Narcolepsy/Pain Management/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charles Bronson

Bluelighter
Hi all,
Charles Bronson's back on his best behaviour. Haven't taken anymore shits in movie theatres....yet. Mwahahaha!

Narcolepsy:
Can a regular GP with a RACGP after his/her name, prescribe Dexamphetamine sulphate for narcolepsy. I've done my research and I can't seem to find any concrete evidence. I suffer from a form of Narcolepsy, it's called LFS.

Pain Management:
OXYCODONE HYDROCHLORIDE
Tablet 40 mg (controlled release) 28 tablets
or
>>.>>

^ Unfortunately it was only a temporary ban...

I don't really get what your asking about oxy, we aren't here to help you doctor shop and there is already a thread about opiates and pain management. I don't know about the dexamphetamine so I will leave this open for now in hopes that someone knowledgable on the matter will be able to answer your question.

Generally only to children, although for narcolepsy rather than ADHD things could be a little bit different. GP's (in some states at least) can act as co-prescribers in that you go to them for repeats rather than paying to see a psychiatrist every 6 months, but you still need to get the script written by a psychiatrist initially.

What is this about pain management..? Is that what your already on?

If so, despite there being no direct interactions I doubt doctors would be comfortable prescribing two of the most abusable prescription drugs that exist. You'd have to be having some serious issues staying awake put it that way, and even then they're likely to blame the narcolepsy (in part at least) on the oxy.

Best of luck though

d_m, i thought the dual account thing resulted in a permanent ban for both accounts?
not trying to tell you how to do your job, that was just my understanding of the rules, so please don't see this as a sign of disrespect.

charles bronson -
i think anyone with a known history for doctor shopping would be hard-pressed to get prescribed amphetamines for narcolepsy, or any other condition, for that matter.

yes, it can be prescribed for that, but i think once you've developed a reputation/medical history as a known drug seeker/(ab)user that the likelihood of being rx'd any known drug of abuse becomes all the more unlikely. whether you need it or not.

from what you've told us previously, and the sorts of threads you start, i'd say that you have a pretty slim chance of getting any of these desired substances legally prescribed to you in this country. there is an enormous infrastructure and bureaucracy built up around preventing addicts and drug abusers from playing the system. the more you fuck with it, the more it will close in around you.

what most patients do is start with a condition that they need to have treated, present to a doctor and see what treatments are available.
what you're doing is looking at drugs and then trying to work out ways to get them scripted to you.

doctors aren't stupid, and this approach would obviously raise a number of red flags to any GP, especially if the patient is young and male, i hate to say.

the thing that bothers me about this kind of approach to drugs is that it makes it harder for everybody else that needs these medications for legitimate treatments. we are all treated with suspicion now, regardless of whether we are doctor shoppers or not, and there are plenty of instances of legitimate chronic pain sufferers being refused their medications because of the squeeze put on doctors politically about what they prescribe.
i don't think you need our encouragement in this endeavour.

^ The permanent ban thing is above standard mod powers, a temporary ban occurs as infractions accumulate and with each subsequent infraction the ban period becomes longer. It takes an admin to do a permanent ban, maybe a senior mod? I am not 100% sure about the dual account thing but I do think you may be correct, I will raise it in the mod thread and the higher ups can take care of it if indeed it does warrant a permanent ban. Thanks for pointing that out mate. :)

no worries man. i'm not trying to be a cunt - or a snitch - but i have a lot of respect for bluelight and like to see harmony around here, i guess.
either way, i'm not trying to tell you how to do your job, i think you're doing really well, especially considering the lack of help at the current time.

i genuinely hope the OP can sort his shit out rather than getting into deeper shit (pardon the pun). i've known people to really regret getting their (legitimately prescribed) medications (such as dexamphetamine) because it can make the battle against addiction all the harder to avoid. it's creates a cycle of use and dependence that is very hard to break.
a good mate considers his dex script as "poison" - even though he needs it to function right, and even though he's addicted to it.

The OP is on holiday, I get the feeling somebody is looking to doctor shop and as the OP is no longer here to read it this thread is closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.