• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

My sweet Love Passed Away

MattyBoy8one

Bluelighter
Ashley, my love my whole world passed away a couple few days ago; I don't know what to do, well I have at least room temperature IQ so I know through a bit study you know like the 7 stages of grief and what to do text book wise, but that information is somewhat helpful up to a point. The point I'm at right now. I don't know what to do, smoke some weed, meth, heroin? Drop some acid, idk FN know, which is rather an odd thought or feeling or whatever it is for I typically at least more times than not know exactly what to do or at least a top 5 list, But I digress, often. Humor has helped, a bit. Now once again though I don't know what to do??? Ending my life has danced across my mind, but that's not an option for a few reasons, So what am I supposed to do????? ANYONE out there please if you can HELP me Thank you and thanks for allowing me to ramble on, to those that actually read this...

@MattyBoy8one
When i lose someone I love I usually end up drinking. It may last a few weeks.
I wouldn't recommend acid, not this early.
I'm not sure meth would help either tbh.. Depends on your tolerance and past usage patterns i guess.
H - could help, but only numb the pain and could also be dangerous to even have around you right now.
Id go with the weed out of that list.

My deepest condolences, btw. 🙏 🖤
R. I. P

Note: the 7 stages can last quite some time, consider a bereavement councilor

I am so sorry for your loss. :( ♥️ I can't imagine what you're going through. I have lost dear friends, and my father, but I can't imagine losing my love.

What to do? I would say, stay busy, and allow yourself to feel your emotions, don't try to bottle them up inside. Are there any people close to you that you can spend some time with and talk to? I think it's important for you to be with someone now (as in, be around people who love you, instead of alone). If you need to use some substances to help cope, it's understandable, I certainly have when I've lost loved ones. Just try not to use them for very long, as developing serious substance abuse issues is going to make everything worse for you, and will interfere with your ability to fully process your loss.

If you don't have anyone in real life to confide in, or if you just want an anonymous place to confide, we have a forum for this sort of thing, for support, it's called The Dark Side. Feel free to post there if you'd like.

Again, so sorry. ♥️

@MattyBoy8one
When i lose someone I love I usually end up drinking. It may last a few weeks.
I wouldn't recommend acid, not this early.
I'm not sure meth would help either tbh.. Depends on your tolerance and past usage patterns i guess.
H - could help, but only numb the pain and could also be dangerous to even have around you right now.
Id go with the weed out of that list.

My deepest condolences, btw. 🙏 🖤
R. I. P

Note: the 7 stages can last quite some time, consider a bereavement councilor
Thanks bud I appreciate the response, and "can last quite some time" comment touched me as probable, thanks again

I am so sorry for your loss. :( ♥️ I can't imagine what you're going through. I have lost dear friends, and my father, but I can't imagine losing my love.

What to do? I would say, stay busy, and allow yourself to feel your emotions, don't try to bottle them up inside. Are there any people close to you that you can spend some time with and talk to? I think it's important for you to be with someone now (as in, be around people who love you, instead of alone). If you need to use some substances to help cope, it's understandable, I certainly have when I've lost loved ones. Just try not to use them for very long, as developing serious substance abuse issues is going to make everything worse for you, and will interfere with your ability to fully process your loss.

If you don't have anyone in real life to confide in, or if you just want an anonymous place to confide, we have a forum for this sort of thing, for support, it's called The Dark Side. Feel free to post there if you'd like.

Again, so sorry. ♥️
Yes Thank you X I've been doing a great job at isolating and telling the numerous people that have reached out to me "thank you", I suppose it's time to start actually going over to those friends and family's houses and just visit if nothing else. I've also only a few times in the last few days since Ashley's passing have I really felt and just let go of everything to actually out and out grieve you know just like you suggested, I guess I'll open that up more and see what happens, it's just quite scary how painful soul wrenching pain that it is, I guess I'm not quite as strong as I like to believe, or maybe it's just that painful I suppose that doesn't have to be a weakness right?! And staying busy I am ever like by the minute increasing my activity level and that for sure helps although it seems more of a short term band aid than I think the feel my emotions and interact parts are going to be. Thank you for your time and care of a stranger...

I'm sorry to hear of this @MattyBoy8one ... the only thing that springs to mind from losing hold of a cat is do not listen to romantic music in this time, listen to machine music like Techno or Drum N Bass, romantic music is hardly life affirming in this period. I'm sorry for your loss man and I wish you well.

I’m so sorry you lost your Ashley. I’m glad your reaching out to us. Please tell me all about her! I want you know that she is not gone from you. What was something funny you remember about her?

🧙‍♂️
Well now Ashley is such an awesome girl lady woman, she's so sweet and loving and Also quite the little gangster chick too. When I first met her and started dating her she was quite the Baller, hustling coming up and all that you know what I mean. Through no small effort I helped her see another way and helped where I could and where she would let me, such a strong person in several ways, some of our funnest times is when we'd do little skits with our "alternate" personalities taking on different roles voices and physical action too. Like "Lefty Patty" and "righty" which were her left and right feet with the big toes playing the lead role, Lefty was something else with this totally distinguishable voice and always called me "Mattsters" my name of course being matthew, anyway a sometimes big chunk of the day would be me interacting with Ashley and her characters, like really so much fun.

I'm sorry to hear of this @MattyBoy8one ... the only thing that springs to mind from losing hold of a cat is do not listen to romantic music in this time, listen to machine music like Techno or Drum N Bass, romantic music is hardly life affirming in this period. I'm sorry for your loss man and I wish you well.
Thankyou for the sound advice lol humor has been good too thanks again bud

I've been through terrible grief that lasted years. I thought I was going to die. One time I actually almost did. So what I'm going to say comes from experience.

What is grief? Grief is intense sadness over sudden separation.

First... the grief has to be felt. If you need to cry every day and be a total wreck, you should let yourself do that. Try not to self-destruct by doing bad things to alleviate the pain. That will make it turn into "complex grief" (a psychology term), which is when grief becomes attached to other problems that you created in order to try and make the grief go away faster. It doesn't work, it just makes you more unwell. Also, is it not a reflection of the love I'm going to talk about below. You want to be really good, gentle and kind to yourself. Okay? The grief hurts and it's 100% normal. You don't need to stop it.

I know this sounds like a psychological trick, but I'm serious. When your lover was alive, you loved being with her, spending time with her. When she went home or went into another room, did you grieve her? No, you still related to her as though she were alive. She could fly to the other side of the earth and although you'd miss her, you'd still feel connected with her because you were relating to her living form inside of you.

I would like to suggest that your separation from her now represents a change in your relationship, and not the end of the relationship. She has a different form now... perhaps nothingness, perhaps as a spirit. You can conceive of this however you want, just like when she was alive but in another room. The people in our lives are not around us 24/7 but the relationship continues even when they are somewhere else. Death is no different. You may not see her again in the flesh, but you are still relating to her, even as you write about her here!

I also suggest investing your time and energy in things that get you outside of yourself so that you don't dwell too much on loss. You need to take stock of what else is available to you, what else you can be grateful for, so that you know there isn't just loss, there is also abundance in your universe. The best of these is doing good deeds and helping others. Volunteer for the less fortunate, or for a cause. You can dedicate every good act to your dearly departed love, knowing that she would thank you so very much for helping others in her name.

You can also put energy into learning a new talent or art form that helps you express your grief, or just take your mind off of it.

Surround yourself with friends and good people who care about you.

What is the theme of all this? To show yourself that love never dies. Love is a universal energy that moves through everyone and everything. The forms it takes on appear and disappear, live and die, but love itself never dies. It is always reborn, every day. If a form that you love leaves the room, love doesn't die. Another form will arise. You yourself are made of that love. Every cell in your body - billions of them - are all interconnected in infinite ways, working together, keeping you alive. Other people are part of a supply chain that brings food to your mouth. The roads you walk on, are made by the hard work (love) of people who want to keep us moving, traveling toward one another. The air you breathe is thanks to countless living beings putting oxygen into the atmosphere.

Eventually, you come to realize you are grieving a form, but not the essence of the form. You honour the form that is lost, you "namaste" that form, you always remember her fondly. Then you put your energy into new forms that connect you with the essence of life again.

When you grieve a form for too long, it pulls your living energy into the energy of death. All living things must die so that new life can be created and that is worth contemplating, but you're not dead yet. You also haven't lost the only form of love in the universe. There are many forms beckoning for your acquaintance, in every day simple things. There is also your own inner eternal form of love, of inner peace and tranquility that is your true nature. Meditation can show it to you. I think you'll find that, with time, you will even come to see how your relationship with your departed love is reflected in the new loves all around you. They all come from the same source!

These are some of the lessons I've learned from horrific grief. There are gifts in it. The grief is showing you your own aliveness, the depth of how much you loved. If you loved deeply, then you will grieve deeply. It is showing you your own humanity and depth of feeling. The nature of the heart is dual. When we feel love we cry because love is bittersweet. You can't know love if you don't know suffering. If you try to silence the pain you will just silence the love. You have to feel both to fully embrace what it means to be alive.

Last edited:
Ashley, my love my whole world passed away a couple few days ago; I don't know what to do, well I have at least room temperature IQ so I know through a bit study you know like the 7 stages of grief and what to do text book wise, but that information is somewhat helpful up to a point. The point I'm at right now. I don't know what to do, smoke some weed, meth, heroin? Drop some acid, idk FN know, which is rather an odd thought or feeling or whatever it is for I typically at least more times than not know exactly what to do or at least a top 5 list, But I digress, often. Humor has helped, a bit. Now once again though I don't know what to do??? Ending my life has danced across my mind, but that's not an option for a few reasons, So what am I supposed to do????? ANYONE out there please if you can HELP me Thank you and thanks for allowing me to ramble on, to those that actually read this...
The bitter truth is that there is nothing whatsoever you can do but merely be...there is nothing to be done my friend

If you need to numb yourself in whatever way sometimes then do just that, but in a short term way as possible as you have to process the grief at some point - and there are as many ways of doing that and coping with that as there are people on this godforsaken rock

There's no escaping the grieving process and counselling is useless unless the grieving has been intense for far too long (say over 18 months/ 2 years) Any counsellor worth their salt won't take your money at this point - they'll advise you to go home and grieve.

You have lost your love. you'll never get over it. You will however eventually integrate it into your experience and that love, that energy, will sustain and nurture you in presently unimaginable ways <3

It is extremely important to let yourself feel the grief, even though it is terribly painful. That pain is normal, and letting yourself feel it is how you will heal. Trust me, bottling it up and trying to not feel it will lead to much greater suffering. It really messes you up emotionally and causes all sorts of problems. When I feel the grief of loss (I have not lost my love, but I lost my dad and I have lost close friends and also my cat who was a huge part of my life), my brain automatically tries to shut down and I feel like a robot, it's awful, it must be a defense mechanism I developed, it seems like I've always been this way. It is very hard for me to break through that emotional wall, and it causes me to self destruct, generally it manifests as drug abuse for me, and also feelings of self-loathing because I feel like something is wrong with me, that I can't cry. Then when someone tries to talk about the person I've lost, or I start remembering, it's like twisting a knife in the wound. It takes me a long time to work through that, little by little... one day I'll spend hours crying and it's a cathartic release and afterwards I feel a little better. Eventually I have been able to work that pain down to a dull ache, and be able to remember all of the good times without it hurting horribly and making me shut down.

My point is, if you're able to feel the pain, then don't try to stop it, let yourself feel it, and you'll be able to work through it and get to a better place sooner.

I'm so sorry for your loss friend. Try your best to distract yourself.

But let yourself feel the pain and understand that it's ok. With time you will start to process it and feel better, although it might be exceedingly painful right now.

I hope you are able to push through without sinking into a dark place, I'll send some love and positive energy your way.

I've been through terrible grief that lasted years. I thought I was going to die. One time I actually almost did. So what I'm going to say comes from experience.

First... the grief has to be felt. If you need to cry every day and be a total wreck, you should let yourself do that. Try not to self-destruct by doing bad things to alleviate the pain. That will make it turn into "complex grief" (a psychology term), which is when grief becomes attached to other problems that you created in order to try and make the grief go away faster. It doesn't work, it just makes you more unwell. Also, is it not a reflection of the love I'm going to talk about below. You want to be really good, gentle and kind to yourself. Okay? The grief hurts and it's 100% normal. You don't need to stop it.

I know this sounds like a psychological trick, but I'm serious. When your lover was alive, you loved being with her, spending time with her. When she went home or went into another room, did you grieve her? No, you still related to her as though she were alive. She could fly to the other side of the earth and although you'd miss her, you'd still feel connected with her because you were relating to her living form inside of you.

I would like to suggest that your separation from her now represents a change in your relationship, and not the end of the relationship. She has a different form now... perhaps nothingness, perhaps as a spirit. You can conceive of this however you want, just like when she was alive but in another room. The people in our lives are not around us 24/7 but the relationship continues even when they are somewhere else. Death is no different. You may not see her again in the flesh, but you are still relating to her, even as you write about her here!

I also suggest investing your time and energy in things that get you outside of yourself so that you don't dwell too much on loss. You need to take stock of what else is available to you, what else you can be grateful for, so that you know there isn't just loss, there is also abundance in your universe. The best of these is doing good deeds and helping others. Volunteer for the less fortunate, or for a cause. You can dedicate every good act to your dearly departed love, knowing that she would thank you so very much for helping others in her name.

You can also put energy into learning a new talent or art form that helps you express your grief, or just take your mind off of it.

What is the theme of all this? To show yourself that love never dies. Love is a universal energy that moves through everyone and everything. The forms it takes on appear and disappear, live and die, but love itself never dies. It is always reborn, every day. If a form that you love leaves the room, love doesn't die. Another form will arise. You yourself are made of that love. Every cell in your body - billions of them - are all interconnected in infinite ways, working together, keeping you alive. Other people are part of a supply chain that brings food to your mouth. The roads you walk on, are made by the hard work (love) of people who want to keep us moving, traveling toward one another. The air you breathe is thanks to countless living beings putting oxygen into the atmosphere.

Eventually, you come to realize you are grieving a form, but not the essence of the form. You honour the form that is lost, you "namaste" that form, you always remember her fondly. Then you put your energy into new forms that connect you with the essence of life again.

When you grieve a form for too long, it pulls your living energy into the energy of death. All living things must die so that new life can be created and that is worth contemplating, but you're not dead yet. You also haven't lost the only form of love in the universe. There are many forms beckoning for your acquaintance, in every day simple things. There is also your own inner eternal form of love, of inner peace and tranquility that is your true nature. Meditation can show it to you. I think you'll find that, with time, you will even come to see how your relationship with your departed love is reflected in the new loves all around you. They all come from the same source!

These are some of the lessons I've learned from horrific grief. There are gifts in it. The grief is showing you your own aliveness, the depth of how much you loved. If you loved deeply, then you will grieve deeply. It is showing you your own humanity and depth of feeling. The nature of the heart is dual. When we feel love we cry because love is bittersweet. You can't know love if you don't know suffering. If you try to silence the pain you will just silence the love. You have to feel both to fully embrace what it means to be alive.
Wow thank you so much for sharing all that with me. I am sorry for your loss, you have learned so much from it though and thanks again for all that i imagine that I'll read it several more times than the twice so far there's so much good information/advice in there, thank you

I'm so sorry for your loss friend. Try your best to distract yourself.

But let yourself feel the pain and understand that it's ok. With time you will start to process it and feel better, although it might be exceedingly painful right now.

I hope you are able to push through without sinking into a dark place, I'll send some love and positive energy your way.
Thank you i appreciate your advice and positive energy

It is extremely important to let yourself feel the grief, even though it is terribly painful. That pain is normal, and letting yourself feel it is how you will heal. Trust me, bottling it up and trying to not feel it will lead to much greater suffering. It really messes you up emotionally and causes all sorts of problems. When I feel the grief of loss (I have not lost my love, but I lost my dad and I have lost close friends and also my cat who was a huge part of my life), my brain automatically tries to shut down and I feel like a robot, it's awful, it must be a defense mechanism I developed, it seems like I've always been this way. It is very hard for me to break through that emotional wall, and it causes me to self destruct, generally it manifests as drug abuse for me, and also feelings of self-loathing because I feel like something is wrong with me, that I can't cry. Then when someone tries to talk about the person I've lost, or I start remembering, it's like twisting a knife in the wound. It takes me a long time to work through that, little by little... one day I'll spend hours crying and it's a cathartic release and afterwards I feel a little better. Eventually I have been able to work that pain down to a dull ache, and be able to remember all of the good times without it hurting horribly and making me shut down.

My point is, if you're able to feel the pain, then don't try to stop it, let yourself feel it, and you'll be able to work through it and get to a better place sooner.
Thank you for sharing all that it seems like a popular theme to let myself feel all the emotions is it seems the first step in this process so that's what I've been doing(trying my best to do) thanks again buddy

The bitter truth is that there is nothing whatsoever you can do but merely be...there is nothing to be done my friend

If you need to numb yourself in whatever way sometimes then do just that, but in a short term way as possible as you have to process the grief at some point - and there are as many ways of doing that and coping with that as there are people on this godforsaken rock

There's no escaping the grieving process and counselling is useless unless the grieving has been intense for far too long (say over 18 months/ 2 years) Any counsellor worth their salt won't take your money at this point - they'll advise you to go home and grieve.

You have lost your love. you'll never get over it. You will however eventually integrate it into your experience and that love, that energy, will sustain and nurture you in presently unimaginable ways <3
Thank you for that straight up take and advice there's a lot in what you said there and i think I'm going to apply at least a good part of it thank you

This post hit it out of the park as far as far as knowledge and wisdom. One of the best. Thanks Foreigner. Been grieving my dog that passed a month ago. 16 years old, a story book life and a death on her own terms. But even so It is a profound grief. But everything in that post is happening to me. The reason I am starting to get over a separation is because Love never dies. It may shift a little but it never dies. I remember feeling this 33 years ago when my brother was killed by a drunk driver. The insights that came after the grief were healing. But it was only healing because I can still feel the spirit of the person or being that I am grieving feeding me insights into love and life the same way when they were hear in physical form. We see this on TV shows. Someone talking to their dead mother or father to get answers to their deep questions. I believe that energy that they feed you when alive is still there after death. It is so important to keep eyes and ears open. That Love we felt is a catalyst for learning if we stay open. And even saying all that I will still cry a few times a day for now when I miss taking my dog to the park. But I do remember saying to her everyday for years, if I died and went to heaven the only thing I would want to do is be at the park with my dog. So that is my heaven. I said that every time. So I get to believe she will take me to her park in the sky when I cross.

It is also important to separate wishful thinking from actual energy transference. But I think a lot of us are wise enough to do that. :)

Last edited: