• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Cocaine My long term meth and crack smokers - are all your teeth gone?

Rampage St

Bluelighter
I’ve been smoking crack everyday for the past year on and off and my teeth are starting to seriously deteriorate. I always have had great dental health and teeth but soon I fear it’s gonna be real bad. I’m 29 and haven’t been to a dentist in over 5 years.

Also I dip and use chewing tobacco and have since 13.

My gums are below the line of the bottom of the tooth and a few have now chipped.. also they feel very weak like I could just push them out with a finger..

Very unfortunate side effect.. is there anything they can be done besides brush your teeth often?

I used dip (chew) for a long time( my gums grew back some, and I was a long time user.(kodiack). The crack really has to go, the the chemicals in crack will destroy teeth and gums and throw in the dip, you will be missing teeth if you don't quite. SOON
But, brushing, flossing, and keeping gums hydrated can help but aceticness of crack, along with what dip does, Is a recipe for tooth lose.

I’ve been smoking crack everyday for the past year on and off and my teeth are starting to seriously deteriorate. I always have had great dental health and teeth but soon I fear it’s gonna be real bad. I’m 29 and haven’t been to a dentist in over 5 years.

Also I dip and use chewing tobacco and have since 13.

My gums are below the line of the bottom of the tooth and a few have now chipped.. also they feel very weak like I could just push them out with a finger..

Very unfortunate side effect.. is there anything they can be done besides brush your teeth often?

You need to restore saliva production. Saliva bathes your teeth in soluble minerals to help restore the enamel and fights decay and local acid production from certain kinds of oral bacteria. Chewing gum can help get saliva going, as can sipping on (non-acidic) drinks all day long. You also need to make sure you're getting all the nutrients and minerals your body needs, or it will be forced to 'source' them from your bones and teeth, accelerating their degredation. So that means you need to eat highly nutritious food.

Ultimately you already know the best solution - you've got to find a way to stop smoking crack/meth before your mouth's an unsalvageable mess <3 <3

You know that fresh, cooling feeling that comes from freebasing coke? That's in fact cokes local anaesthetic effects, ain't it? If I'm right that likely makes it directly damaging to oral health, more so than most drugs.

The freebase isn't a very good local anesthetic due to being unprotonated, but yea there is a little. Also why is a local anesthetic inherently bad for oral health?

The freebase isn't a very good local anesthetic due to being unprotonated, but yea there is a little. Also why is a local anesthetic inherently bad for oral health?
I guess in a same way snorting coke is bad for nasal health. Is intensity of that effect when smoked enough to cause direct damage idk but along with poor oral hygiene, dehydration etc it surely doesn't help

You probably need scrape polish from dental hygienist ,try chewing more gum and good mouthwash, I feel you pain mine just falling out and I always brush few times a day

I don't and have never smoked meth or crack( ok snowcapped a few weed bowls as a teen and tried to get a crack hit on top of ash in weed bowl but the fiends kinda cashed that crack b4 I could have a real try.)

I chew my vicodin(seems to hit faster and easier to digest/exit) but I believe it's the bupe tabs that are getting me and possibly the every now and again addy(super dry mouth, like Jim Carey in "Me Myself and Irene" DRY LOL. I'm betting that shit didn't help, even though I tried to keep hydrated.

Just got a tooth pulled(was already stocked up on hydro) and of course dickhead didn't even prescribe shit, not even ibuprofen 800mg.
But yeah I feel the worry. I'm using enamel/gum repair and trying to fuckin floss every night(I forget a lot) I'm also a one pack a day smoker. Might have even gotten myself a dry socket, although you would think cutting cig filter in half would help..
But yeah man every crack/meth toker I ever knew usually for the most part had extremely fucked enamel, like black.

I’m 29 and haven’t been to a dentist in over 5 years.
This is one of your problems. You gotta keep up with that. About 7-8 years ago I went to the dentist (great teeth since all the work in childhood) after not going for years and my gums were bleeding. Stage 2-3 gingivitis everywhere. After a year of better oral hygiene and regular cleanings, was back to ~1 on almost all teeth. Keep up with your oral hygiene and go to the dentist! (says the guy who's had a cavity for about 6 months and hasn't made an appointment yet).