My life story 5 years ago...and today

Nimrod4154

Bluelighter
I just got back from the Caron Foundation rehab 2 weeks ago. I was shooting dope and smoking crack at the end of my last run. I don't have too much time right now to explain much, but would like to post my life story I wrote 5 years ago in 8th grade and show how my drug use has increased with more blog entries... Drugs have torn my life apart, yet somehow through a miracle I will be attending college this fall(Unless I fail the rest of school...which is unlikely)

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/blog.php?b=2940

Part 2: http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/blog.php?b=3415

Last edited:
My next entry will be the same story just edited and from a new perspective.

Shit...good read.
What authors are you influenced by? I was motivated by Irvine Welsh, author of "trainspotting". I read "Acid House", his collection of short stories and realized how awsome it is when you discover your gift of writing. I expressed this new talent to my parents on a visit (I was incarcerated at the time) and when I was released they contributed money so I could get my book of short stories published.

Theres alot of publishing companies on the internet who will print your book and also provide a marketing scheme for people who want to sell their material.

Anyways, this thread is about you nimrod4154.

That is a good read. Got me hanging on the edge for the next installment!

Best of luck with school man, it sounds like you'll do really well <3
Keep us updated :)

Very good read man, amazing for your age.

I hope stuff is going ok now with you. Keep us updated! I'm tempted to give you all my advice and opinions, but it's stuff that probably only would have been relevant 5 years ago, lol.

Wow man, that was a really great read! Looking forward to the next installment :) take care mate

In process of writing second entry now, summing up how life has been since the end of that.

Edit: Wow, didn't think people would actually read that!

Reading your blog reminded me of something I noticed when my own children were in high school - your average kid in junior high school today has both the money and the connections to score drugs.

Drugs have become absurdly accessible and absurdly affordable compared to my high school years when cigarettes and alcohol were pretty much the only things which were easily obtained and most kids wouldn't have had the means or the opportunity to score even weed until after leaving school.

I think that even now there are many parents who think that they don't have to worry about their kids being exposed to anything much until at least their mid-teens, when the reality is that a significant number of kids are already seasoned polydrug users by that time and are reflecting - as you did - on what their lives have become.

Waiting to read what came next.

Not sure if you're still keeping up with this thread but I've almost never seen someone your age write so well. You should be really proud of yourself. I would never have known you wrote that at such a young age and would've guessed you to at least be in college :p