My friend robbed me to by drugs, help?

BestBud26

Greenlighter
[h=3]I lent a friend who I trust (and he trusts me also) £10, although he didn't say why, but he said he'd pay me back. Later on, I was informed by a friend of both of us that he'd spent the money on weed, and apparently he'd paid me back, but he hadn't. I'm very sure he's robbed me so what should I do? I can't exactly fight him obviously. I've messaged him and he said he'll pay me back, but he's taking along time doing it, and it's worrying me. Should I tell my parents or even the police? or is it worth it as it is only £10, but money is still money. Will the police even do anything because action on cannabis use has been loosened? I don't know if i'm prepared to let it go, I just don't want any trouble. Any advice please?[/h]

Never lend any amount of money that you can't afford to never see again. When I lend money, I expect not to see it again. If it's too much to never see again, then I don't lend it.

You learned a good lesson for barely any money. Not enough to argue over. Just let it go, never lend him money again, and keep this lesson in mind if someone asks you for money again.

Also, he didn't "rob" you. You gave him the money.

yep. assume you'll never see it again. learn a lesson. move on.

alasdair

Mostly what I was thinking. That's for clearing it up. But I think he did rob me if he took my money dishonestly in this way. Thanks for your reply

Why can't you punch him in the face? At the very least ask him what his plan is to get you the money you lent him back. Just take something of his that is the same value.

If you can't, you should look at it as a very small fee to get someone toxic out of your life. Toxicity is bad, getting rid of it is good.

Never lend any amount of money that you can't afford to never see again. When I lend money, I expect not to see it again. If it's too much to never see again, then I don't lend it.

You learned a good lesson for barely any money. Not enough to argue over. Just let it go, never lend him money again, and keep this lesson in mind if someone asks you for money again.

Also, he didn't "rob" you. You gave him the money.

This..dont take offence to this he's honestly trying to help u learn a lesson from this. It could of been £100 or more, mfs take way bigger losses every day. Do heed these warnings tho. 8)

Why don't I punch him? perhaps because I don't want to get jailed for assault or even beaten up by him or a group of his friends. I wish I could and I might even if he starts

I can it be dishonest if he never said what the money was for?

You weren't robbed, you were taken for the schmuck you are

wow, easy fellows. You said he is a friend. If he is he will pay you, if he doesn't, he ain't no friend. But next time you see him bring it up if he doesn't. Then do what you will but don't go to jail. Kick the dust from your shoes and walk away.

Congrats you paid $10 to remove a douche bag from your life. You are lucky it wasn't more cuz some people have to pay a whole lot more then $10 to unveil the douche bag in their midst. If you don't have the heart to give him a couple hooks to the head then just erase him from your life.
If he is like your bff or some shit and you just can't cut ties then call him out and tell him how insulted and hurt you are and if he gives a fuck about your friendship then he needs to own up and apologize or pay you back.
These are truly your only options.

Just walk away from it hon. It's a lesson in life unfortunately. You learnt the hard way as most wise people do. Don't get into any violence or aggression over a tenner. It isn't worth your health. Bear in mind though that people make mistakes. You could always ask him what day/date he will pay it you back. When lending money in the future, obviously don't lend money you don't have, but also enquire what it's for and when you will see it back. Get all the important info first and keep your own back covered. Sorry to hear that though. Money is indeed money and when you haven't got any it can be really terrible. Good luck.

This is the suppot section as in " technical suppot" hon. I feel for you, I'm sure we have all been there.

If you need some help navigating the site or figuring things out, feel free to PM me and I will show you the rope ;)

NAMASTE