• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

My first encounter with LSD. Was it a very deep and strange trip or a mild one?

mtkimbie

Greenlighter
Hey everyone, new kid on the block..
So tonight was my first experience with lsd and I have really had/are having an odd trip, and I thought I just wanted to put some words to it. My friend who I took it with is a lot more experienced than I am regarding stuff like this. The idea about trying lsd have been lurking beneath the surface for a longer period of time, and for some reasons I just took a shot this night and wrote to my friend who straightaway got two doses for us.

So the guys we got the doses from didn’t have anything in their household to drop the lsd on which resulted in us chewing on some pieces of dusted coffee filters trying to extract the lsd from the paper. When I got this thing on my tongue it didn’t have any weird taste or alike and my friend sorta warned me off saying that whatever the coffee filter held onto wasn’t enough for the night. As it was my first time I kinda tried to calm him down as I had no idea as of how to my body would/will react and it resulted in us just waiting it out to see what would happen.
The feeling of it being a very small dose stayed with me the whole night, and every time some different-like thoughts or visuals began to unfold I just had this voice of mine decrypting all of the drug down to a point where the drug itself came across as fake – like I could literally see through the drugs affections. Also my friend kept saying that he wasn’t very moved by the drug at all except for a few instances which sorta in hinsight feels like it dragged me away from entering some zone in the beyond.

The abovementioned combined with my friend not getting turned at all meant I had to leave a lot earlier than I actually planned cause it just seemed like the trip was over of some sort. Now when I got home I started to read on forums about other peoples experience with the drug sorta feeling fake and in some way I began bending my thoughts, trying to relate to these people and slight forcing myself to slightly morph their reality into my reality (meaning me still tripping). Finding my own personal losses in their losses (if that makes any sense at all?) and that actually leading down to some pretty deep emotional thoughts regarding myself as person with the unique personality I have, however, those thoughts time and time again got interrupted by a voice declaring it all fake – stating that it was me trying to make things up just for the sake of it.

Me writing this is probably just a small part of the changing facades, but it just gets me asking;
Was this just a very deep and weird trip, or diametrically, is it just because the dose was very mild?

I feel like its hard to communicate this feeling out, and i dont know if theres just one dude out there relating to some of these feelings.. but heck i just gave it a try with some words.

Welcome here! :)

Was this just a very deep and weird trip, or diametrically, is it just because the dose was very mild?

It's really up to you to evaluate your trip - tripping on powerful psychedelics will inevitably bring you to self-awareness and introspection.

Sounds like you got some thought-bending process going on there so I'd "blame" it on a set and setting mainly, which of course includes what you were thinking right before and during the trip, what were you worrying about and what was in general in your mind. As I gather, the other person was trying to achieve his own "heights" so that would add more anxiety to the whole dynamics IMO.

LSD is a very potent social dynamics potentiator so if beginning to experiment with it, always do some reading first, know what to expect, prepare for introspection and DON'T JUDGE anything at all when tripping, or serious consequences of your own censor might make your next 6-8 hours quite unbearable - I've seen that happen with people.

Be careful and good luck exploring the unknown! ;)

Hey everyone, new kid on the block..
So tonight was my first experience with lsd and I have really had/are having an odd trip, and I thought I just wanted to put some words to it. My friend who I took it with is a lot more experienced than I am regarding stuff like this. The idea about trying lsd have been lurking beneath the surface for a longer period of time, and for some reasons I just took a shot this night and wrote to my friend who straightaway got two doses for us.

So the guys we got the doses from didn’t have anything in their household to drop the lsd on which resulted in us chewing on some pieces of dusted coffee filters trying to extract the lsd from the paper. When I got this thing on my tongue it didn’t have any weird taste or alike and my friend sorta warned me off saying that whatever the coffee filter held onto wasn’t enough for the night. As it was my first time I kinda tried to calm him down as I had no idea as of how to my body would/will react and it resulted in us just waiting it out to see what would happen.
The feeling of it being a very small dose stayed with me the whole night, and every time some different-like thoughts or visuals began to unfold I just had this voice of mine decrypting all of the drug down to a point where the drug itself came across as fake – like I could literally see through the drugs affections. Also my friend kept saying that he wasn’t very moved by the drug at all except for a few instances which sorta in hinsight feels like it dragged me away from entering some zone in the beyond.

The abovementioned combined with my friend not getting turned at all meant I had to leave a lot earlier than I actually planned cause it just seemed like the trip was over of some sort. Now when I got home I started to read on forums about other peoples experience with the drug sorta feeling fake and in some way I began bending my thoughts, trying to relate to these people and slight forcing myself to slightly morph their reality into my reality (meaning me still tripping). Finding my own personal losses in their losses (if that makes any sense at all?) and that actually leading down to some pretty deep emotional thoughts regarding myself as person with the unique personality I have, however, those thoughts time and time again got interrupted by a voice declaring it all fake – stating that it was me trying to make things up just for the sake of it.

Me writing this is probably just a small part of the changing facades, but it just gets me asking;

I feel like its hard to communicate this feeling out, and i dont know if theres just one dude out there relating to some of these feelings.. but heck i just gave it a try with some words.

A good indicator for the 'level' of any given trip is the shulgin scale.

But either way, you can have a +1/+2 (relatively mild) experience and it can still be 'deep', because psychedelics such as LSD by their very nature are deep, relative to an ordinarily functioning mind. It sounds to me like you perhaps had a pretty low level trip which still enticed your mind in to some insightful thinking.

With regards to it feeling fake. Well, it just is what it is. How could it be fake?

however, those thoughts time and time again got interrupted by a voice declaring it all fake – stating that it was me trying to make things up just for the sake of it.

This sounds to me like your ego being amplified by the psychedelics and also of your ego resisting the psychedelic experience... it's just that the ego was still prominent enough to remain in control due to a lower dose. Had the dose been higher, then I'd imagine you may well have tried to resist the experience, or alternatively came out of it blown away by the dissolution of the ego.

Psychedelics tend to free the mind from the constraints of the ego which is generally what leads to the sense of freedom. It's good to learn to do this when sober, because the ego can often be quite self limiting - which is one of the principle lessons of psychedelics. :)