MAPS My depression and addiction: all gone

camelrider

Greenlighter
Hello to all, this is my first post so pardon me if i break any rules.
My whole life, I have been deemed "popular" or "cool" and have always been a well-liked person. I was always a member of the "cool crowd" growing up in school and always did extremely well academically, athletically, and socially.
Last year, I graduated high school in the top 1% of my class and am now at what can be considered the number one school in my state.
When I ventured off to school and moved out of my house, my girlfriend of four years broke up with me. I was in love, i was confident and had always been confident that we were going to get married and have a family.
Me, the popular kid that everyone thought had all of his shit together, broke down.
I started using cocaine recreationally with my fraternity brothers, a few times a month, almost right when I got off to school. Then when my girlfriend broke up with me, I became severely depressed and started using upwards of a gram a day almost instantly, then more and more and more and more.
I told my parents about my problem and they were understanding and had me see numerous psychologist and psychiatrists, where i was put on so many different medications over the next 3 months, including paxil, zoloft, prozac, abilify, trazadone, wellbutrin, buspar, klonopin, xanax, ambien,and probably some more that i can't even remember.
these medicines did nothing, and i always ended up using cocaine again. i didn't even use cocaine to get high; cocaine was simply the only anti-depressant that worked.
after i found out that my ex-girlfriend was with someone else, someone that she hung out with a lot while we were still dating, i went on a 4 day cocaine binge, ingesting probably around 6-8 grams of cocaine. no sleep, no food, probably no water.
after i finished up the rest of my coke and my roommate left, i decided that i didn't want to live anymore. i wrote out a long letter to my family and friends, then proceeded to take a bottle of 60 1mg klonopin and a bottle of 30 10mg ambien, chewing them all up, then drank some whiskey and put a plastic bag over my head with a rubber band around the base so that i would eventually pass out and then suffocate.
my roommate happened to forget his keys so when he came back into the room to grab them, he found me and ripped the bag off of my head and called 911.
i was hospitalized, 1013'd, and sent to an addiction/mental health institution for 7 days.
after i was released, i was put on more meds, but none of them worked. i continued to use cocaine pretty regularly. i withdrew from school for the rest of the semester and moved home, still using cocaine regularly.
then the spring rolled around and i went back to school. me and my girlfriend got back together, and i managed to pull my self together and stop using cocaine as much. i still had such a craving for it, like just thinking about it would make my nose water and my mouth salivate. but i managed to slow it down considerably.
i had never tried acid before, but had heard of people having profound life-changing experiences from it.
one of my friends got his hands on some blotter sheets (i guess thats what they're called) and i decided id try it with a few friends.
it completely changed my life. there is no other way to describe it besides saying that it made me realize what life is and what life isn't; whats important and whats not; etc. it made me think about things in a completely different way and appreciate what all i have.
after the first time i did LSD, i have not had the desire to do cocaine ever again. not saying this will happen to you, but it happened to me.
i am a completely different, appreciative, ego-less, caring, loving person. its like i was born again and given the chance to start life over.
don't let this scare you into not trying LSD, I'm a different person FOR THE BETTER. i care about other people more, i care about myself more, etc.
just last week, i needed some money for groceries so i sold my xbox to someone for 200 dollars and a gram of cocaine, and i was able to have the cocaine in my possession for a few hours before selling it to someone else without even thinking about doing any of it. if you're a cokehead, you know that this is a big deal.
i don't have the desire to do LSD all the time either. Sure, it has done wonders for me mentally and made me a better person that doesn't suffer from severe depression anymore, but i don't feel the need to do it all the time either; only when i feel like i need to reevaluate my life.
sorry for the rant, but i just needed to vent all this out. I seriously feel like i owe my freaking life to LSD.

^ I can relate. LSD, mescaline and peyote took me by the hand at a pretty fucked up time in my life and led me to solid ground. Could've gone the other way, though as it did for some of my friends. We were all way too young to be doing what we were doing but I've always felt lucky to have been shown what I was shown. For me it pretty much ended my drug use altogether for many, many years. Not out of fear or judgment but because I felt like I saw what was always there in me (to continue to build on) and it healed my connection to life (sort of reset it back to the total engagement of childhood). Still get tracers after 40+ years and still enjoy them.;)

I am glad LSD changed your life positively. I heavily abused synthetic cannabinoids in my youth and discontinued them after having a profound psychedelic experience. I have been 100% abstinent half of an entire decade and the addiction lingers. My addiction was hiding what was the real issue with drugs. Thus the drug abuse was symptomatic of what the true issue was.

A warning about addiction. I can't use synthetic cannabinoids in moderation. Many years later in times I am to stressed and vulnerable the addiction attempts taking over again. I consciously chose against letting the addiction gain control and destroy my life again. Keep building yourself and improving your life. You'll experience tough times again and you are capable of overcoming future obstacles without cocaine. Just don't underestimate addiction.