• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids My concern with Suboxone it kinda sucks for pain relief

swimmingbird421

Bluelighter
I have to talk about buprenorphine or suboxone. I have been taking it for maybe a few months to replace oxycodone. stopped using it a few months ago, I was getting them from an acquaintance in the form of bupe tablets. i never got much relief, besides the first cpl days, from them especially compared to low dose oxycodone (5-20mg)

I have been dragging to quit subutex but it was about time. The wd‘s were pretty upsetting and I was only taking 4mg sl max. And I was going pretty crazy even with low dose klonopin and lots of hash. I will honestly never take sub ever again as long as I have a choice for my pain relief.
I would love some Levamethadone aka polamidon that sounds more appealing for round the clock pain management But for now Low Dose oxycodone and breakthrough diluadid is working nicely. Very minute withdrawal.. if any but an increase in pain. As I live in merica I see no chance of getting polamidon anytime soon.

I hate suboxone I know it helps a lot get off heroin fentanyl or high dose narcotic scripts but as someone said
”Suboxone is like a shovel for trying to escape a 6ft hole”
(no matter where you dig your still in the pit of pain)

Even tho it gave me some pain relief after I had a hip replacement due to car accident that's only because I was MADE TO FUCKING SUFFER in pain with perc 5s .. so SUBOXONE was like a god send but only for about a month once the ceiling effect Starts in and the honeymoon period is over u just start to feel nothing like when u first start but like any other opiate I guess. Butttt I will say NOTHING has ever worked like methodone, don't matter how much your on u never get used to it seems like u always get fucked up on it or pain relief. I know when I was coming off fyntinol I had to go up to 180 , of course I wasn't still dope sick bug I was going to make dam sure I wasn't so I kept going up to where I knew I could stop with no physical wd. But after two months of being off Fetty holy SHIT the methodone works so well I had to literally cut the dose in HALF. ANYONE ELSE EXPERIENCE THIS WITH METHADONE

But yea subs suck for pain if u have any kind of tolerance and they r definitely not like your other shit unless u were on like vicadon or perk 5s

I have to talk about buprenorphine or suboxone. I have been taking it for maybe a few months to replace oxycodone. stopped using it a few months ago, I was getting them from an acquaintance in the form of bupe tablets. i never got much relief, besides the first cpl days, from them especially compared to low dose oxycodone (5-20mg)

I have been dragging to quit subutex but it was about time. The wd‘s were pretty upsetting and I was only taking 4mg sl max. And I was going pretty crazy even with low dose klonopin and lots of hash. I will honestly never take sub ever again as long as I have a choice for my pain relief.
I would love some Levamethadone aka polamidon that sounds more appealing for round the clock pain management But for now Low Dose oxycodone and breakthrough diluadid is working nicely. Very minute withdrawal.. if any but an increase in pain. As I live in merica I see no chance of getting polamidon anytime soon.

I hate suboxone I know it helps a lot get off heroin fentanyl or high dose narcotic scripts but as someone said
What parts of merica u in getting prescribed that my dude I'm in Ohio

And I agree stay on your oxy and Dilaudid that's a score

Honestly I find the pain relief that I get from bupe to be phenomenal. I had major surgery last year, and while in the ward I was given PIC machine fent and ket and morphine, plus before surgery spinal fent and ket. The buvidal depot injection definitely blocked most of the effects, but I could still feel some. I was super worried that when I got discharged that I would be in serious pain as I would only be sent home with a box of 5mg oxycodone.

Upon arriving home, I didn't need to take any of the oxycodone. I had zero pain. Interestingly, I have a friend who had a similar surgery done as me, and she was fucking wiped for a week or so afterwards and in pretty significant pain.

It made me understand how much pain I am just in every single day more than anything else. For the most part, the bupe depot manages my chronic pain, unless it is breakthrough pain.

Just my experience, I've been on Buprenorphine (not suboxone, so no naloxone) tablets for a few years after a 30-60mg/day oxy habit. At first i was on 4mg, and i found that the bup kept me motivated and completely eliminated my depression. But it wasn't until i tapered ny dose down to 1mg or less a day that i actually got effects i could call a "high"
At one pt i was taking crumbs a day, and that was best, but now I've circumstantially climbed back up alittle. I now snort apporx 1mg (half of 2mg tab) once in the morning upon waking and again in the evening when i start feeling tired.
Only very recently i stopped having great effects in the morning, idk why that is, but it still feels great in the evening, for a short time while kicking in and just after. I snort it, lay down, set my alarm for 30mins (about exactly how long it takes to kick in for me when snorted, 2 lines in each nostril, but try and let it sit up there, it doesn't work well if i just swallow it immediately), i take a half-nap, and when it starts kicking in and im in a half-asleep state i feel euphoria, i then supplement it with hitting my vape (nicotine) to increase the euphoria.
The rest of the time i don't feel "high" but i have more energy and motivation than i ever have my whole life, on or off any medication.

As for pain relief, I've found the lower the dose, the better for that as well, but the pain relief effects are really only noticeable the first couple/few hrs. After 4 hrs its not really helping with pain, after 8-10hrs i start feeling particularly achey and especially tired, thats when i re-dose.
I know everyone is different but at these low doses it really only comfortably holds me from withdrawal for 12hrs tops.

Last edited:
It is the worst opioid I’ve ever seen for pain in terms of its opiation/analgesia ratio.

The shit will have you knocked out or dead before it brings down serious pain.

Just my experience, I've been on Buprenorphine (not suboxone, so no naloxone) tablets for a few years after a 30-60mg/day oxy habit. At first i was on 4mg, and i found that the bup kept me motivated and completely eliminated my depression. But it wasn't until i tapered ny dose down to 1mg or less a day that i actually got effects i could call a "high"
Interesting. I have read that lower amounts of bupe are as effective as the larger amounts. I think bupe probably follows the same path as other opioid pain killers. I know when I was on methadone a few times it always seemed to work for energy and pain even after a good amount of time.

Great user name EstimatedEyes. But what year? 10/14/?? I will give it a listen.