My brother in law has Jaundice.

MedicinalUser247

Bluelighter
My brother in law has Jaundice. He's so yellow it's ridiculous. I just hope he gets better. What kind of advice should I give him ?

Jaundice is a sign of serious liver issues. He should consult a doctor immediately. Is he a heavy drinker? If so, I would work with a doc to stabilise him and taper down with benzos.

Well he's been drinking everyday for years. He doesn't trust doctors either. He just says it will clear up. And my sistor is like... No it won't. Hopefully he ends up seeing a doctor.

Well I'm sure you know that they give chlordiazepoxide and/or lorazepam to smooth detox. Should be enough to at least reduce his anxiety to manageable levels and prevent seizure. All kinds of benzos with different alpha PAM (redundant, I know) affinities, really. It won't do much good for other withdrawal effects, as I was led to understand.

But there are a few things going for him. One, that he's using a legal drug (not to say that it's safer in a vacuum via comparison), and two that they have medications to deal with some of the withdrawal (reiteration). Thank goodness meth wasn't his DOC.

If the guy has some underlying issues otherwise, too, then those can be treated safely. Like depression, I'd guess.

I will say that, if he's yellow, things have gotten near the point of no return. Still, the liver is very regenerative.

Hope this helps.

I'm sorry to hear this, I hope things get better.

I think that if liver is too far damaged, and he's an alcoholic...he will not get a liver flip. Or maybe the trade thing only works for kidneys? I suck at biology i don't even know what the spleen does..probably g o o g le that later on.
Prayers go out to you and your fam