• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Mushrooms. Ok to drink? Mix with adderall? Pointers?

Sinned323

Greenlighter
So we are planning on doing some mushrooms this weekend.
Opinions on drinking with shrooms?
How about mixing adderall with it?
Just general suggestions on making the experience better.
I've done them before but I would like to get the best experience I can.

If you are going for the best experience imho that would be mushrooms only, others might like it with a few drinks. I like the sedate nature of mushrooms so wouldn't fancy the adderall either, but again that is just personal preference, maybe if you are going to an all night party a bit of an upper might be called for.

I think a lot depends on your experience with them and what you want, (taking into account you have the set and setting aspects nailed down).

TL;DR Not enough info - what are you planning to do, where are you going to be and what you look to achieve in a mushroom trip?

Either combination will be OK, as in, there are no directly dangerous interactions between these substances. Beyond that it's really completely setting dependent (the setting, as ever, including your own mindset, which is of course itself a function of your life experience to date ;)).

Alcohol invariably dulls the effects of psychedelics, so if you're prone to anxiety, and/or just not really a big fan of the psychedelic headspace, then some alcohol will soften things a little. If you're going for major reality distortion, mental confusion, and can accept some risk that you won't always be having a really fun time, then alcohol is probably a bad choice.

With the adderall, although I haven't tried it, I wouldn't think it would really add qualitatively to the experience too much, so for me the only factor in this decision is deciding how much energy you want or need to have.

I haven't really mixed non-psychedelic stimulants and actual psychedelics too much myself because I think they would be anxiogenic, for me, but YMMV. I did once do a single line of cocaine on a fairly high dose of 4-AcO-DMT though, just because I had it, and thought it would be an interesting experiment, and surprisingly I barely even noticed it, the psychedelia just overwhelmed it... but on lower doses it would probably make a more noticeable difference - and obviously cocaine is a fairly short acting stimulant, so one would expect longer acting ones (like Adderall) to have a greater effect on the character of the overall experience.

What Nuube said.

They aren't dangerous in combination, but what are you looking for?

Are you familiar with the mushroom space? If not, then I'd go it alone. Mushrooms are a no-bullshit psychedelic in my book - if I'm just looking for a good time, I personally choose a different psychedelic. Mushrooms can be fun, but they can take me really deep, as well, and it's not always pretty. Consequently, I personally wouldn't want the stimulation of an amphetamine to add to any anxiety that may develop. Alcohol blunts the effects of I can feel it at all - I'll often have a drink or two on the come down to soften the landing, but I don't generally think it adds much to the experience of the peak. That and I don't want to calculate interaction risks with benzos in case I need them.

That said, mushrooms can be pretty sedating, but I'm not sure amphetamine would help much with the couch lock they give me. LSA, sure. I personally think that I would prefer caffeine to amphetamine, though.

So again, what's your objective, familiarity, and intended dose with the mushrooms?

Man, I wish people knew about 4-HO/AcO-MiPT(or MET/MALT.) I think it's a better all around material for recreational use, less likely to throw people out of their depth when they just want to have fun. Then again, they'd probably be explicitly scheduled.