• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Mushrooms not working?? due 2 Methadone or Pregabalin??

OcCo

Bluelighter
A couple of days ago I took mushrooms in a recreational dose for the 1st time but got no significant effects what so ever just a slight mood lift and body load, my was the partner the same.
We are both on 300mg pregabalin 2x daily and opiates me 30mg methadone daily and her 30mg oxycontin 2x daily, Im curious as which one is what caused this. I'm leaning more towards the pregabalin as my experience with other gaba drugs such as benzos totally blocked out other psychadelics like 2c-x and nbomes but am confused as have seen many people on reddit claiming they take 300mg pregablin to ease any anxiety before a trip and doesnt really affect it and numerous people claiming the usey opiates for the same thing on here or is it possibly the 2 of them in conjunction with one another is what blocked it totally as there is no other reason as to why they didnt work fully.

The mushrooms I grew myself so I know its not them as we both consumed about 3.5g and we are both not on any other medication.

Thanks

I've tripped any number of times on varying substances with pregabalin in my system at various doses, and though it does dull a trip slightly, I definitely still tripped. I've only mixed methadone with 2c-e and 5-meo-DMT, and other than a marked increase in nausea, my trip didn't feel significantly attenuated.

Had you established the potency of that batch of psilocybin prior to this attempted trip? Was an eight an effective dose without the pregabalin and methadone?

Thanks for the reply, Ive never taken a recreational dose without taking either medication as I wanted to mitigate the risk. I dont know the potency of the and know mushrooms from the same batch can vary greatly but surely an eighth of b++ cubenses' would be enough to feel notice slight visual alteration and mental stimulation?
Do you think its possibly the 2 working together cancelling the trip out or would the fact we've been on pregabalin for about 5 years play any significance.

I once took 6 grams of shrooms with barely any effect. My friend who gave them to me was dumbfounded because he said they were extremely potent. He said they might have lost some potancy due to sitting in his freezer for several weeks but that that shouldn't have completely negated them. The only thing I can think of was that I was on methadone at the time....🤷

Strong opioids like methadone are likely to severely blunt a trip nine times out of ten in my experience.

Thanks people, finding a straight answer anywere has been difficult and dont want to not take the both next time as it'd increase the likely hood of a bad trip.
When my next batch is ready i will just take my pregabalin and take my meth afterward, and report back.

Cheers folks.