• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Mushrooms + Hydrocodone + Amphetamine + Clonazepam + Cannabis + Alcohol - New Exp.

SpunkySkunk347

Bluelighter
This last weekend was interesting.

My friend invited me over to his house on Friday night, but when I got there, he wasn't there - his roommate let me in, and said I could hang out with him until my friend got back.

I didn't really know his roommate, so there was sort of an awkward silence between us. We started watching videos on the internet, and eventually we started talking about drugs. He told me that he had an eighth of mushrooms that he was saving to do with his friend, and that he also had a few pills of hydrocodone.

In order to break my sobriety, I bought the hydrocodone off him; I was really excited at this point, as I hadn't had any opiates in a very long time.

I took them immediately, and they kicked in after about 20 minutes. They were only three 7.5mg, and this dose of 22.5mg was much lower than what I was used to. Still, despite the low dose, it felt good to have a few waves of opiate euphoria wash over me - something that I had been craving for months.

Eventually, my friend returned, and we all decided to go to a keg party.
Once we arrived at the keg, things get a little hard to remember.

The keg was in this guy's basement, where he also had a beer pong table set up. I quickly chugged down a few cups of beer from the keg, because I wanted to get as much alcohol in me as possible before the keg started to run low. Then, I watched people play beer pong for a while.

The basement quickly filled up with people, about 30 or so college students, and within 2 and a half hours, the keg was empty. Luckily, I got a decent buzz off of the beer I had chugged, enough to last me at least until our caravan of friends voyaged to the next alcohol oasis.

As people began to leave the party, I overheard someone bragging about a large prescription of klonopin that they had just procured earlier that day. I budged myself into the conversation, and immediately offered to buy several of his clonazepam off of him.

I took two immediately, and offered my friend's roommate some.

He wanted to crush up the klonopin and snort it, despite what I had told him about the low bioavailability of insufflated benzodiazepines.

Even though I knew it would just drip down the back of my throat and get absorbed orally anyways, I joined in with him and snorted half a line of klonopin.

Somehow, I ended back up at my friend's roommate's house where it was just me and him sitting there and talking. Unlike the awkward silence that had fogged our conversations earlier, we were both very talkative and happy right now. We had both smoked several bowls of weed at the party, and were still slightly stoned.

Knowing that he had a 1/8 bag of mushrooms, and knowing that I really wanted to try mushrooms (I had never had any before), I eventually just asked him "We should take those mushrooms man". He smiled, and happily agreed.

He brought the mushrooms down from out of his room, and poured the contents of the baggy out onto the coffee table and divided it into two portions. The bag was mostly powder and chunks - but there were a few caps and stems present.

Since we were both drunk and stoned and on klonopin, eating the mushrooms was no problem at all. We just grabbed as much as we could at a time, tossed it in our mouths, chewed it up, and washed it down with beer.

About 20 minutes later, the mushrooms definitely were starting to come into effect. The first few waves of the drug were much more mental than visual -- the mental effects seemed to me like ambien/zolpidem.

Then, the visual effects started to come in. Apparently, these were very potent mushrooms - even though we each only had a half of an eighth, he admitted that this was the strongest trip he had ever had from such a low dose.

All of the colors in the room were so vibrant, and there were trails behind all moving objects.

My friend put in the Tool album AEnima - he noted that a lot of people can not handle listening to Tool while tripping on mushrooms, but we were both avid Tool fans and felt compelled to listen to them. He couldn't find his Lateralus CD, but AEnima sufficed.

I looked over at my friend, and his face was changing colors. A Deep red at first, and then a dark purple. Then, his face started to change to whatever color was in the background around him.
If I was focusing on the wall, his face would turn to the same color as the wall. If I was focusing on the plants in the house, his face would turn green and match the colors of the plants. My friend was like a damn chameleon.

It began to get more and more intense. The potted plant that my friend was sitting next to began to grow and move as if it were alive, and eventually it started going into his hair.
My friend had long curly hair that was a very distinct feature to him.
"You've got something growing in your hair!" I shouted to him.

He started telling me all sorts of stories that I couldn't really focus on listening to. During some of his stories, he turned into what seemed like a demonic leperchaun that resided in the forest - with all of the flora that was growing in and winding through his hair. His hair also turned red, which made the leperchaun persona seem more realistic.

I knew he wasn't a leperchaun, but the power of suggestion (attributed to the klonopin and the alcohol) was synergizing with the hallucinogenic effects of the mushrooms and making the hallucinations seem more realistic.

During the peak, I felt simply amazing. SO MUCH was going on in the room around me! Everything had trails following it, and inanimate objects had strange aether-like vapor that was evaporating off of them.

There was a framed picture on the wall of a pack of wolves, and the wolves seemed to be alive and moving around in the picture - almost like I was looking at a video and not a still picture.

I feel asleep that night staring up at the ceiling. The ceiling began to morph, and I saw faces and animals in the ceiling as all the patterns twisted and turned and grew and shrank.

The next day, we all woke up, and called up a friend to by some weed off of him. We spent the whole first half of the day just getting blazed. It was amazing.

There was still a sort of glow left over from the night before, probably due to having such a positive experience with mushrooms. Everything was perfect for what I imagined my first trip on mushrooms to be like.

As I was walking around the house, I noticed two pills of 30mg Adderall that I had sold my friend's roommate the weekend before. I asked him if I could have one, and he gave it to me. I ate it immediately, and called up my other friend who was in the area, and had him stop by.

Once he arrived, he took out a bottle of whiskey and me and him both started drinking mixed drinks of coke and whiskey.

Other people stopped by, and they were planning on having another kegger that night at the same house.
The owner of the house would definitely be reluctant to have yet another kegger at his house, two nights in a row, so we called him over to smoke weed with him first.
Once we got him blazed, we were easily able to convince him to let us have another kegger at his house.

Things got blurry.

We went to his house, I know that much. I even drank some beer out of the keg, I know that much too. I also ran outside onto his porch and puked my guts out, I remember that as well.

Then, I woke up next morning in this guys house (who I barely knew) and felt extremely awkward. My friends had abandoned me there the previous night, and left me passed out on a recliner.
It was freezing in that house, and there was no blankets. So I just grabbed the space-heater, and put it on my crotch, and went back to sleep for a few more hours.

Eventually, my friend's roommate came and picked me up.. thank God... and I got the hell out of there (the people living there had just been staring at me awkwardly for a few hours).

The rest of the day I just spent smoking weed with my friend and his roommate, and trying to remedy my horrible hangover and gut rot.

The moral of the story is... uhh... resist the temptation to party hard two days in a row

Last edited:
Man, that does sound like a crazy weekend.

The mushroom experience sounds like my first time too, which was insanely visual, moreso that anything i had tried before.

Why would you mix opiates and benzos with alcohol?
and why would you mix benzos with any type of psychedelic?
doing that extinguishes any visuals you might have had.
But your a brave person and i hope you made the best of it.

Damn, dude, reading this trip report was like looking in one of my own journals. Be careful with all the drugs, I know that you realize that, but damn it can really get confusing. And fucked up shit can happen/happens. I'm glad you're alright, man.

doing that extinguishes any visuals you might have had.

I was thinking that would happen too, but it actually totally blew my mind how intense the visuals were.
I used to be an avid user of zolpidem, which also gives me intense visuals. Apparently, Zolpidem is an indirect agonist of the 5-HT2a receptors in the visual cortex (the same receptors that LSD and mushrooms hit), so maybe I just sort of knew what to look for on my radar screen when the shrooms started kicking in.

The visual and mental effects felt so similar to zolipdem, the only difference seemed to be that mushrooms were more stimulating and zolipdem is a sedative.

On the whole, it seems like the clonazepam calmed me down if anything so I could just enjoy the shrooms instead of getting all weirded out on a bad trip.

I've also heard that opiates do not synergize very well with psychedelics, but most of the hydrocodone was out of my system before then.

I appreciate your concern about mixing sedatives, and I should have mentioned in my original post that the hydrocodone had mostly worn off before I started drinking, and it was completely gone before I took any benzos.

Damn, dude, reading this trip report was like looking in one of my own journals. Be careful with all the drugs, I know that you realize that, but damn it can really get confusing. And fucked up shit can happen/happens. I'm glad you're alright, man.

Yeah, I know. I always make sure that the doses of whatever it is I'm taking are within safe and responsible limits. My only fear would be that klonopin would cloud my judgment. Every big benzo-fanatic knows that they can never trust themselves not to discover an empty bottle of benzos laying on the ground next to them after they wake up from a week-long nap.
But I didn't have access to any high amount of benzos - I was broke - so I knew I could trust myself to mix things the way I did.

- Also, one memorable quote I remember from the trip was when I said "There is so much going on around me! This is amazing!" and then my friend said "I know! And this is just what it's like in ONE ROOM! There's still a whole entire world out there!!". I remembered it the next day, and it got me thinking in a very philosophical way - the kind of way that gives you a positive outlook and an excitement for life.

Last edited: