View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

mushroom growing/contam.I need help?

TheGuyWhoCantGrow

Greenlighter
So I just got into growing mushrooms. I had bought four pre-sterilized grain bags. I took literally every precaution I could to prevent contamination. As I was already paranoid of that from the start. And guess what? Every single one of my grain bags got contaminated with bacillus (wet spot). Let me explain. So a couple of my grain bags where doing good. But the mycelium was spreading EXTREMELY slow. So I decide to shake my grain bags up to distribute the mycelium to help growth. After that I waited.. It seemed as though maybe there was just too much moister in the bag. Atleast, that's what I thought.. Apparently that was not the case. The case was this STUPID bacteria! Despite literally every precaution I took to prevent contams. I'm pissed. Could the pre-sterilized grain bags that I bought online be at fault? Is it possible that all four bags I bought were not sterilized correctly or something? Because I certainly was extremely careful about possible contamination. There is one grain bag out of the four that had a bunch of mycelium at the end. Except, it still has this bacteria wet spot at the bottom. It's not a different color just this sloshy wet spot and a sour smell. I decided to try and use this grain bag anyway since it was the best one and mixed it into my substrate. Should I not have done that? Could it still fruit? Thanks for any and all responses I get.

Loss and sacrefice, start all over and try again. my first grow didn't create any result either but my second one grew a load of shrooms for atleast 5 times before the shroombox became garbadge. It really isn't easy and takes some experience and they keep saying that perfect hygiene is the overall key. I wish you the best with your trials and it is really fun when you do see how easy the results can flourish.