• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Recovery Housing Muscle twitching after heavy drug use or ptsd?

Southamerica123

Bluelighter
Hi, i developed some kind of twitching after getting a high dose of extacy and probably ketamine in an 8 hour period + some kind of desrealization. Anxiety has made It worse during time. I made an EMG, Mri and bloodtest and everything is clean. Is this due to drugs or can be just because of the panic attack i had(probably ptsd) ? Still twitching persistently in calves and have other nervous system symptoms(tingling, pre cramps) after 10 months, been sobre since the incident. Before the incident i used Hard drugs 3 times per year

I honestly dont know. Can you describe the symptoms further?

Began as little twitching in my throat and back, and them It just settled down in my calves. Took low dose of SSRI y clonazepam for 6 months to control cause they though It was ptsd of the badtrip. R3covered a lot but still feeling calves twitching 24/7 and in other partes sporadically. . No pain, only some, Precramps. Neurologist says its anxiety but the weird is that It Began after heavy drug use

Are you staying hydrated?? Dehydration can cause electrolyte imbalance's causing muscle twitching.

Drug use can alter the brains chemistry (possibly forever). Sometimes these problems can go away and sometimes they may last forever. Muscle twitching/spasming could be one of the physical symptoms that can happen.

Could be, but weird cause had a brain MRI one month after the incident and everything came out OK. Added to the fact that i was. not a regular user, only couple of times per year. Gonna try being more hydrated.

Another fact is that when i get full body massage, this fasciculations go away, so weird that It comes from the brain. Any a normal movement from brain would also be seen in EMG test, right?

Another fact is that when i get full body massage, this fasciculations go away, so weird that It comes from the brain. Any a normal movement from brain would also be seen in EMG test, right?
Could be stress then. You got a lot of stuff going on? Stress can cause those fasciculations.

Are you staying hydrated?? Dehydration can cause electrolyte imbalance's causing muscle twitching.

That's what my first thought was.

Also from google...

8 Signs and Symptoms of Potassium Deficiency (Hypokalemia)
  • Weakness and Fatigue. Share on Pinterest. ...
  • Muscle Cramps and Spasms. Muscle cramps are sudden, uncontrolled contractions of the muscles. ...
  • Digestive Problems. ...
  • Heart Palpitations. ...
  • Muscle Aches and Stiffness. ...
  • Tingling and Numbness. ...
  • Breathing Difficulties. ...
  • Mood Changes.

I would talk with your neurologist about physical therapy. After a 4 month period of METH use , SOIK had scar tissue built up on, in, and around their spinal column. From poor posture and such. Enough to cause loss of sensation down their left leg and right arm. Did everything, until a chiropractor sent them to a quality physical therapist. May we know what ‘hard drugs’ you took?

In the past only mdma and extacy. This time i suspect i took a big dose of some liquid mdma or ketamine not sure...