• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Mouth ulcers and nicotine

CobakuSamsara

Bluelighter
Hello everybody, since I was a child I have a serious problem with mouth ulcers (various sizes and sometimes over 10 at the same time), I went to a lot of doctors, nobody explained or offered a treatment. The fact is when I smoke cigarettes I never get em, never. And everytime i quit they come all at once. I searched for the link and it really seems to work somehow, I wonder if anybody here in bl experiences the same?

Yes. For some reason nicotine use changes molecular properties in a person's body who gets mouth ulcers and keeps the ulcers from forming at all and heals mouth ulcers that have formed when the person is not using nicotine at all. This is very common and has been acknowledged in medical research that has been done on this issue. Because nicotine is supposedly bad for you and doctors can't condone smoking for any reason they are not going to tell you that getting these ulcers can easily be stopped by the use of nicotine. Instead they are going to say nothing at all to keep them from getting in any kind of trouble with the ethics board. Believe it or not doctors hands are tied when it comes to many different subjects. I had a doctor one time tell me that he agreed with me smoking marijuana for many of my medical issues but that if he was ever questioned about it by anyone other than myself he would have to completely deny what he said in order to keep from losing his job and his license to treat patients.