• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

most people on this forum probably agree religion is BS...but

To me I find the concepts of religion and people who believe in it a bit bizarre. People with a little faith I can understand, but those ABSOLUTELY certain bug the fuck out of me, mainly because it feels like if you can't reason with someone, how the hell are we supposed to eventually become a peaceful, happy society?

I guess I do have a belief system though, a little mishmash and abstract I think.

It's pretty hard to understand the universe, and any understanding I think we gain is abstract anyway, because our programming for understanding the universe is actually a by-product of the universe. A lot of what I believe has been shaped by Darwinist authors akin to Daniel Dennet, who I believe hit the nail on the head when he said that Darwin had the best idea of all time.

Don't get me wrong, there have been other truly great ideas, but once you cut down to the nitty gritty and apply the survival of the fittest to say, atoms, and even perhaps universal laws, then that's where I believe we get closest to the true nature of reality. Takes a fair bit of thinking and training yourself to think in a Darwinian way, but once you do you find people come to exactly the same answers to questions independent of each other. For example many questions on evolutionary biology I managed to answer myself and when I looked them up, lo and behold, many people had the same views.

I could see myself being a hindu though, because it's more spiritual I feel.