• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Morphine taking long time to kick in?

0048mah

Greenlighter
Approximately 7 hours ago I took 30mg of Morphine (ABG, Extended-Release), and it is barely now kicking in. I thought i was just having a lame experience. A few days ago it seemed to work within an hour or two. However today it's been 7 hours and it is barely now kicking in. Is this normal?

I've read that it should only take 45min-2 hours to kick in, and that was the case before. But for some reason today it's been 7 hours and it's working now. Wtf? Thanks!

EDIT: Please note this is barely my 2nd time taking it, so my tolerance is low.

There are plenty of factors at play here. Oral morphine is subjectively weak to begin with. Also factor in things like what is in your system. You could of eaten something that simply delayed the onset, or simply not taken it long enough to understand how it works with your body.

Last edited:
^^^ oral morphine BA is around 30%. The best way to get the highest BA from morphine is to either plug or iv, other then that you'd have to just take more orally.

^^^ oral morphine BA is around 30%. The best way to get the highest BA from morphine is to either plug or iv, other then that you'd have to just take more orally.

Seeing as it's only his second time taking I would shy away from any ROA other than orally.

Morphine can be strange like that. It's hard to say why it took so long for you to feel it. My guess is you overlooked it. Either way don't raise the dose simply because of this one experience. If you must take more then wait a couple days and take the same amount.

I'd agree if it is his second time he shouldn't change ROA but if the BA is 30% orally and he's taking 30mg, he's only getting 9mg of morphine plus it's being released slowly over time.

^Saving 'em for laterz man lol.

Yeah my Doc had me switched from 30mg Oxycontin to 30mg Morphine both oral. Poor dumb bastardo, I had him double the dose to 60mg but still warned him that I'll probably be back after a couple of weeks wanting to switch back to Oxy or at least the 100mg Morphine formula (Which I would be forced to properly filter prep and IV for any pain relief).....but I could see he was at his limit. Lucky for me I had plenty of Oxycodone IR 80mg Pills which I would always take with whatever was scripted due to my tolerance to the shit. Pain sucks.