• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Morning glory seeds/LSA

I've never gone beyond a low dose with morning glory seeds, but I'd like to present a brief interview I conducted with someone who tried an acid-base extraction:

yeah, my buddy did an a/b extraction, worked wonders
felt like a completely different drug
what level would u say this trip was?
it was almost too much for me, and im a veteran tripper
it was a long time ago, i do believe i was having visuals though

I also asked him how it compared to LSD.

its definetly nothing like being sober, thats for sure, well, they could probably tell the difference, but not enough to care i dont think
its pretty close, more close then people would lead you to believe around here

Albert Hofmann liked morning glory seeds...

All referenced included in the archive I linked to in the above post.

Grof: Have you actually tried the ololiuhqui yourself? [pronunciation: uh-lowlee-uh-kee]
Hofmann: Yes, I did. But, of course, it is about ten times less active; to get a good effect, you need one to two milligrams.
Grof: And what was that experience like?
Hofmann: The experience had some strong narcotic effect, but at the same time there was a very strange sense of voidness. In this Void, everything loses its meaning. It is a very mystical experience.

--

When I discovered lysergic acid amides in ololiuhqui, I realized that LSD is really just a small chemical modification of a very old sacred drug of Mexico.

Stanislav Grof Interviews Dr. Albert Hofmann. MAPS Bulletin 9.2 (Fall 2001): 22–35.

Ololiuqui corrected as ololiuhqui.

Although the spelling ololiuqui has gained wide acceptance and is now the commonest orthography, linguistic evidence indicates that this Nahuatl word is correctly written ololiuhqui.
Note by R.E. Schultes included in the following publication: R. Gordon Wasson. Notes on the Present Status of Ololiuhqui and the Other Hallucinogens of Mexico, Botanical Museum Leaflets, Harvard, vol. 20 (1963)

After my experience with LSD, I have become cautious: we started by taking doses as small as 0.1 mg., gradually increasing the dosage. With 2 mg. of this crude indole fraction we got clear-cut psychic effects: a dream-like state resulted with drowsiness and alterations in the perception of objects and colors. This showed that the indole fraction of the Rivea extract contained the psychic active principles.

Albert Hofmann. The active principles of the seeds of Rivea Corymbosa and Ipomoea violacea. Botanical Museum Leaflets (Harvard University), 20, 6 (1963), page 202.

When I discovered LSD, it was believed it was a product of laboratory. And then we discovered that this compound had existed already for thousands of years in the plant kingdom. Not exactly, but practically.

Albert Hofmann, Hofmann's Potion (documentary).

the psychic effects of ololiuhqui, in fact, differ from those of LSD in that the euphoric and the hallucinogenic components are less pronounced

Albert Hofmann, LSD: My Problem Child

Well, MANY years ago when I did this, like about 15 years ago, I remember looking up the info online but I forget what site it was and this is what whatever site it was said.

So I realize that's not credible evidence and maybe it's totally false.

But if it's NOT true then what I am wondering is why I got flushed all over and had blurred vision for three days??

Maybe it was the ergot?

Or do these seeds not contain that?

All I can say is that mine was NOT a natural reaction.

My entire face and hands were flush red and I puked everywhere and couldn't see straight for THREE days.

Whatever caused it was SOME kind of poison other than the LSA most likely.

It's anyone else's guess WHAT kind of poison it was, natural or otherwise, if not cyanide.

Maybe it was the ergot?

Or do these seeds not contain that?

Ergot-related fungi has been identified in some types of ergoline-containing morning glory seeds (and is presumably found in all types that contain ergoline alkaloids). See the relevant folder in my archive* for more info. The seeds/fungi therein don't contain the same chemical profile of ergot-infected grasses, however; the seeds lack an entire subtype: ergopeptines.

*http://www.bluelight.org/vb/entries/7141-morning-glory-seed-information-archive

Did I say something wrong Red? I didn't mean too. I'm overly sensitive these days, but usually face palm indicates MGS said something wrong again. Sorry if I did man.

I really don't know too much about ergot, I know paspali is just the water soluble LSAs. I also know things like corn smut are ergots but I don't know one way or the other as to their toxicity.