moderator position open

~*geNeRaTiOn E*~

Bluelight Crew
i have decided to finally step down from my position as moderator due to real life obligations. i have had such a wonderful time getting to know some of you and most importantly, being able to contribute to something that has given me so much. i can only hope that my successor enjoys the position as much as i did. i wish everyone the best :)

do not post nominations or applications in this thread

QUALIFICATIONS

• time committments - being that moderating is VOLUNTARY (no, we don't get paid for what we do), a moderator should be able to dedicate him/her self to the forum by taking the time to carefully go through the threads, find any violations of the BLUA or forum guidelines and act accordingly. IME, it has usually taken an extra 10-20 minutes of my time.
  • patience - being a moderator isn't all about getting to warn people or edit posts, it's about contributing to Bluelight to make it a better place. you need to have a lot of patience for this job as you'll often come in contact with newbies who, more than likely, will break the rules. instead of slapping them with a warning, sending a friendly PM stating what violation occurred, directing them to the BLUA, forum guidelines, etc. and welcoming them to the board usually keeps tension to a minimum. new members keep the board a lively place, we don't want to drive them away.
  • thick skin - as with anything else, the possibility of conflict is present. a member may get pissed off because you closed their thread or warned them for violating the rules but you have to remember that words are just that...words. don't let the stress get to you, moderating should be fun and something you do because you want to help out, not because you feel obligated.

deadline: ALL SUBMISSIONS MUST BE MADE BY JUNE 14 12AM (GMT) any submissions made after that will NOT be considered. you may send these to myself, trancey, bigcat007, alasdairm and finder. please include in your application: a little bit about yourself, why you think you would make a great moderator and what you can contribute to the forum and the board as a whole.

we're very eager to get a strong replacement in to help keep the forum tidy, fun and drama-free.

good luck!

Last edited:
I thought making it sticky would be a good idea. <3 We'll miss you hun. <3

Come now, guys and gals! You know you waaaaaant it! :D

Let's help a great forum out. There's a "Crew" title in your future. And greater sexual favours at meets. ;)

not when part of those obligations is taking care of someone that depends on you for food, clothing, shelter and support. i'm thinking of this as a break from BL, i'll still be posting just as a member. who knows, i may be back in a few months :)

~*geNeRaTiOn E*~ said:
not when part of those obligations is taking care of someone that depends on you for food, clothing, shelter and support. i'm thinking of this as a break from BL, i'll still be posting just as a member. who knows, i may be back in a few months :)

aw, i was just kidding. i know how it goes! :)