• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Modafinil for fatigue

SophieJ

Greenlighter
I started moda 1/24 and had work that day…. Holy crap!!!! Is this how people not afflicted with fatigue feel? I will preface this by saying that I care for people affected by dementia/Alzheimer’s, my job is both physically & mentally challenging. When I got ON last Dec I took about 1 month off between the not being able to see in my right eye, the drs appts and recovering from steroid therapies I just didn’t work. In that time I learned that MS related fatigue was a very real thing and that crying before shifts because I didn’t even have the energy to think was not normal.

Since dx 4/21 I have been PRN so basically I pick up the days I want. I was still calling off even if I was only working 1 day a week. I had ok weeks where I could work 1 day at the beginning of the week and 1 day at the end, but that just wasn’t cutting it for me financially or otherwise.My health psych who specializes in MS fatigue even mentioned at our last session maybe referring me to a social worker to talk about going on disability, I guess that is sort of when I broke down and realized I needed to put my anxiety aside and see if my fatigue could get better with meds….. IT DID!

I took modafinil about 12pm from modafinia (that’s when I picked it up) I take it earlier now. I was worried that it would either be way too much and I would feel ‘tweaky’ or that I wouldn’t feel anything at all. I felt good! I had my moments of being tired but not anything over the top and for the first time maybe ever I felt like this was how “normal” people felt… I left feeling so good about how much I got done! I left feeling like I pulled my weight completely and like I did my very best.I also noticed I feel less scatterbrained completely and that my emotional regulation is way more manageable. I am just so happy I was able to do this for myself. Thanks for listening!!

Glad you found a substance that helps! I used modaf and Adderall much the same way for school and work. If you are making this a regular part of your life and not just a one-off, the key is either taking it infrequently, or if taking it regularly, not chasing the high/rush you initially get. As tolerance develops, the effects are not as pronounced, often leading to a desire to up the dose. This can be a rough cycle to get in. But as long as you take it as prescribed (or self-prescribed), get enough sleep and are able to eat, life is good!

Modafinil 50-200mg = long lasting feeling of clarity, slight feel-good sensation, reduce appetite...50mg = +- 5mg dextroamphetamine.

400mg and more can overatimulate you, no feel of hunger, less fluids comsumed, shifting into more typical manic long lasting stimulant experience. Effects of benzos metabolized by vyp3a4 will have reduced effects a lot.