Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Mirtazapine as a trip stopper

blakout

Greenlighter
Hey all,

I've noticed on here many people like to have either benzos or antipsychotics nearby if a trip goes the wrong way, but can't understand why mirtazipine isn't more popular as a 'trip aborter'. About 10mg will bring me from being absolutely blinded by mushroom visuals and back to baseline and clear thinking in about 10-15 min tops (IME, while I was enjoying the trip I threw up and made a mess and being near-blind made it very difficult). Also helps you sleep very easily after a trip.

Does anyone else know of any other 5-HT2a antagonists that would do the same thing?

I once ingested 2g of shrooms, realised it wasn't the best time to trip, so took some mirtazapine shortly after. The trip never happened as usual, obviously, but after a few hours I could feel some of the effects showing through. No hallucinations, but I started to get a bit giggly and happy - you could easily get away with people thinking you are sober, if they don't know you too well. Also have noticed that even though visuals may be gone things like judging speed can still be effected. One time I drove after aborting a trip (I thought I was completely fine) but noticed at 50km/h it felt like everything was going about 150km/h, so driving after stopping a trip this way is absolutely not recommended IMO as your judgement is still impaired. Much better than it would have been minus the mirtazapine though.

Hey all,

I've noticed on here many people like to have either benzos or antipsychotics nearby if a trip goes the wrong way, but can't understand why mirtazipine isn't more popular as a 'trip aborter'. About 10mg will bring me from being absolutely blinded by mushroom visuals and back to baseline and clear thinking in about 10-15 min tops (IME, while I was enjoying the trip I threw up and made a mess and being near-blind made it very difficult). Also helps you sleep very easily after a trip.

Does anyone else know of any other 5-HT2a antagonists that would do the same thing?

I once ingested 2g of shrooms, realised it wasn't the best time to trip, so took some mirtazapine shortly after. The trip never happened as usual, obviously, but after a few hours I could feel some of the effects showing through. No hallucinations, but I started to get a bit giggly and happy - you could easily get away with people thinking you are sober, if they don't know you too well. Also have noticed that even though visuals may be gone things like judging speed can still be effected. One time I drove after aborting a trip (I thought I was completely fine) but noticed at 50km/h it felt like everything was going about 150km/h, so driving after stopping a trip this way is absolutely not recommended IMO as your judgement is still impaired. Much better than it would have been minus the mirtazapine though.

I can definitely vouch for Mirtazipine being, not so much a stopper or aborter, but more like bringing you back down to earth. Which yes, in turn also helps with sleep after a trip or binge.

I think its sleep inducing qualities are mainly due to its H1 antagonism. Mirtazapine is a pretty slutty chemical, will bind to many a receptor. Speaking of H1 antagonists I might go take one now, I tried sleeping without it but alas, it's 3a.m. I'll trade a little morning drowsiness for some sleep gladly atm

Well my expirence isn't with any drug that causes visuals but with MDMA it totally cancels out the high I had been taking them for a about week before I dose daily...stopped use 2 days before and so did my girlfriend and we both noticed nil effects besides dilated pupils an minor jaw clenching for me although I took 3 more pills than she did...bit of a bummer for my girlfriends first experience with MDMA tho :(