View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

mimosa hostilis clarification

Netta

Greenlighter
the internet is failing me today! dmt can be extracted through root bark of a mimosa hostilis tree, but when I try to see what the tree looks like I get different results. is the happy mimosa tree in my back yard that has the pretty pink flowers a mimosa hostilis? can I extract dmt from it?8)

If yours has pink flowers I think what you have is a mimosa tree whereas Mimosa Hostilis is more of a shrub iirc.

I believe there are truly tons of different kinds of Mimosa's and Acacia's and many do contain DMT and similar alkaloids, just not all in interesting quantities. Also Mimosa Hostilis is particularly nice because it has mostly DMT and there are not that many plant fats in the rootbark so extracting isn't that messy.

If your tree deviates a tiny bit from what M. Hostilis is supposed to look like it could be a different subspecies but if it deviates some more like Laika said it is probably more distantly related. And that means no telling how much actual DMT or plant fats you need to defat.

Not sure what your priority is here but I'd be careful not to waste a lot of work processing those trees and their roots... I'm not going to tell you to break the law and just order ready to use MH root bark, but it seems like a safer bet.

im thinking ill just leave my pretty tree alone and find someone that has dmt. I wrote a research paper on dmt for a class and it just something I am ready to try but I don't see a need to really cultivate it myself.

Extracting DMT is not really that much work but I bet digging up a tree for it is. ;)

Sure you can wait for it, among a certain kind of people sooner or later you may come across it. I don't think it's that prevalent though, you'll probably won't find it casually very quickly. But with some luck...

I wasn't going to dig it up myself; id bat my eyelashes and get someone to do it for me. plus it might be a fun science experiment to entertain myself with. I wanted to be able to include some personal experience to strengthen my paper but even the people I know can't get it by the time I need it. oh well, life goes on

the internet is failing me today! dmt can be extracted through root bark of a mimosa hostilis tree, but when I try to see what the tree looks like I get different results. is the happy mimosa tree in my back yard that has the pretty pink flowers a mimosa hostilis? can I extract dmt from it?8)

The common mimosa tree with pink flowers, sometimes called a Persian silk tree, is really an Albizia, not a Mimosa. AFAIK, it does not contain any DMT.