• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Mild Chronic Reactive Gastritis & Hiatal Hernia from Excessive Alcohol, Cocaine etc

BrooklynDirt

Greenlighter
Mild Chronic Reactive Gastritis & Hiatal Hernia from Excessive Alcohol, Cocaine etc

Hi all

I've been reading Bluelight for years anonymously and have received loads of great feedback from everyone on here. Today, I've reached a point where I needed to join as I'm seeking help. I also plan to participate on other threads here, but first I wanted to see if anyone can provide any insight for me.

I'm in my mid twenties, slim, working in nightlife for almost ten years now. Heavy binge drinker on the weekends for as long as I can remember, and enjoyed Cocaine - sometimes adderall and MDMA. Also drank a lot of Coffee to stay up since I worked long hours.

Long story short, I was getting severe stomach pains post-drinking and partying. Also chest pains. After some time, I went to a GI doctor who did an endoscopy and diagnosed me with a Small Sliding Hiatal Hernia and Mild Chronic Reactive Gastritis. Prescribed me a few different PPI's (Protonix, Dexilant) and told me lay off the bad stuff (Coffee, Alcohol, Drugs, Spicy foods, Tomato's, caffeine - basically everything)

I've now been sober, and following those rules for over a month with no noticeable improvement in pain - but it's a crazy work season for me, 15+ hours per day that are mandatory and I can't stay up or stay focused. Following that, after working incredibly hard for months - I'm planning a vacation to Europe to finally relax. So I have two questions.

1. Does anyone have any experience with this debilitating condition? I made my bed, so now i know I must lay in it but is there any tips you can provide? I've tried DGL Root before meals, Turmeric for anti inflammatory, i've stopped the PPI as I've noticed no difference on or off them, also Pepzin GI and Slippery Elm. How long will it take to heal - any idea?

2. What substances can I use with this condition AND/OR what can I do to reduce the damage? As an example, benzo's are fine and actually help I think. But i'm worried to try dexedrine - would it be better to snort it than swallow it? Is there something you'd recommend to coat my stomach before alcohol or drug consumption? How about Mushrooms or Mushroom Tea?

In either case, this is a total wake up call and I will make long term changes on my drinking/drug use - but in the interm there is a few places where it will be neccessary and i'm trying to reduce the damage to my body.. 8(8(

Let me know, thank you x

SSHH (with gastritis) is pretty common, and it may not have occurred because of anything you've taken, just sometimes the stomach moves a bit as we age and slips through the diaphragm muscle.

One thing some people have success with is kind jumping upright and slamming down hard on the feet at a slight angle to try and 'slide' the hernia back beneath the diaphragm - usually with something heavy in the stomach, like a few glasses of water to help pull down.

In general you can Youtube this for videos of people doing various weird techniques to try and slide the hernia back - one or two may work for you.

Also there are some basic maintenance things you should get used to practicing, like eating smaller portion meals (with more frequency if necessary) and never filling the stomach too much. Also, eating sitting bolt upright and not slouching, and also not slouching down for a few hours after a meal. And never eating before bed. Those kind of things.