Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Microdosing LSD with major depression and stage 4 cancer

Wolfcosmic

Greenlighter
Hey guys, regular reader, new poster...
Not sure if I should have posted in microdosing thread but that doesn't seem to be a place for questions/advice...

I'm fairly experienced with LSD, hadn't tripped in 13 years until a couple months ago, only reason for such a long hiatus was inability to source it.
I have felt a reset of the mind in the past and it has helped me with my mental health (which also includes social phobia, agoraphobia, anxiety and suicidal ideation), so I tried harder than ever to get hold of some LSD to help with my fairly recent stage 4 cancer diagnosis. My first (recent) trip of 150ug was AMAZING. I felt the infinity of time and space and my fear of the uncertainty of my cancer and the death that will come of it was all but released into the universe. The afterglow was amazing too, I started interacting with friends and family again and felt lighter.

I did another hit, this time about 175ug about 3 weeks ago, again, amazing, different in as much as I thought more about the nonlinear concept of time and how I would see all of my loved ones again after I die in the blink of an eye and that I would always be with them, always had been, regardless. The afterglow this time didn't happen though, which was disappointing, so I've been in a very low place since then with my usual mental health, plus I am awaiting scan results and have some unexplained symptoms which could be related to more tumours on my lungs.

One week later I sorted my volumetric microdoses out with distilled water and good quality vodka (used Ehrlich and Marquis tests to check my LSD first) and a couple days later took my first dose of 20ug. Quite high for a microdose but I am being tested for Asperger's which I believe will confirm mine and my therapist's suspicions, so I figure it will take more for me to feel any effects than a 'normal' brain (this also explains my lack of visuals and body load whilst tripping?).
This dose did nothing for me, I felt just as dark and hopeless as usual. The next dose, after 2 clear days, I upped to 30ug and didn't have my usual morning coffee. This made a world of difference. That day I went out, saw family, including kids which is usually hard for me at the moment, did shopping without anxiety. I slept much better than I have done since my chemo knocked me out nightly nearly 3 years ago, insomnia is a big problem for me. The next day I woke early and had the idea to go to an outdoor market (car boot fair for those of us in the UK ;)), I spoke to strangers, felt good being out and about and then saw family again. I felt great! Then the 2nd clear day, I woke up and felt like the usual depressed version of myself and everything irritated the shit out of me and I wanted to dig a hole and get in it.

So... After all that rambling, here's my question. After a time of sticking to the microdosing regime is it possible the afterglow effects could last til that 3rd day? Should I up my dose? I didn't have any psychedelic feelings whatsoever so I was still under threshold. I take it that every other day isn't enough time to get my tolerance down to base level?
Any advice/suggestions will be really appreciated, I know it's a long game and I've got to keep experimenting but help from an experienced microdoser will sure go a long way to getting me there.
Thank you kindly! :)

keep the dose as low as possible but try going to alternate days:
one off, one on, that works for me, at 25mics approximately
I have a significant high every other day, most of the time with that.
on my dose days, I don't drive.
if I have to drive I skip my dose.

Hey pupnik, thanks for your reply!

ok that's really interesting, so you manage every other day with 25ug and no tolerance build up... I actually forgot to say in my post that on the 2nd clear day after feeling so bad I took another 30ug dose at midday out of frustration and desperation (it's so unsettling feeling great one day, suicidal the next) but it didn't make any difference to my mood whatsoever, maybe I was too down in the first place. Today is my 2nd clear day so tomorrow morning I'll be dosing again. I wonder if I tried 25ug if it would be different, a bit less might make my tolerance level on the 2nd day lower...?
I know that everyone is different, I think I'm fairly tolerant to psychedelics...you say you don't drive on the days you dose, is that precautionary or do you feel heady? (Edit: re read, just seen that you have a significant high)
Thanks for your answer man!
peace

Last edited:
You got me pretty figured out
I could get away with driving on my 25 mic days, but I avoid it, or dose in the afternoon.
in the past it made me squirmy behind the wheel.
driving is a kind of confinement.
tomorrow I am driving for 3 hours. blecch.

Yeah I can imagine the confinement feeling, even though you're on the 'open' road, you're in a small box of metal, in control... I've never been in a car while tripping, I did go in the car on my positive dose day and didn't have any bad feelings, but I wasn't driving myself so could enjoy the scenery...
Sheesh, 3 hours of driving, I feel for you...20 minutes is more than enough for me on any day... I hope you get through it ok...music is what keeps me sane in the car...Good luck man!