• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Micro dose mdma

Godbody1

Greenlighter
I'm an experienced mdma user. I don't use mdma often but when I do it's usually in either a safe gathering environment comprised of close friends, when I'm chillin with my girl, or special occasions sometimes. So I've recently been working overnight and on days I don't get enough sleep it's a b**** trying to stay awake on the job. A few days ago I micro dosed like 40mg before work and I had a blast at work lmao. I just wanted to know you guy's opinions on micro dosing 2 help stay awake while working overnight. Btw when I'm not at work if I do take mdma it's normally like 150mg or less. I try not to take too much because there isn't sufficient research on the long term effects of mdma consumption.

You must have some self control buddy - although I have never attempted to use it as a functional stimulant, I find that sub - 'roll' doses of mda/ma/e just leave me impatient to knock it up a notch and coast over the top of the effect curve, so even if I did attempt a low dose experience I would probably not be able to resist another dose / tablet / portion and would end up rubbered.

I know this kind of microdosing has become popular among users of traditional psychedelics such as majik mushrooms and the lysergamides by remaining functional while pleasant, but unless you are 100% confident that it will not impact on your or anyone else's work and or / safety it should not really be condoned as a long term solution to maintain a standard.

I wouldn't really call that 'microdosing', 40mg of decent MDMA is hardly sub threshold is it? As Stee says, that amount is enough to get you well on your way and wanting more! I thought the idea of microdosing psychedelics is to take a sub threshold dose for a slight mood improvement or to help with conditions such as cluster headaches?

I do have a lot of self control. I've been through some unpleasant circumstances in life that required me to harness my patience skills. Hell I'm still going thru stuff now but life has gotten much better. As far as safety goes I don't work a job that requires me to work with dangerous equipment. I work in the service industry at a luxurious condominium tower. My job is really just 2 keep the wealthy happy lol. I appreciate your feedback tho.

I wouldn't really call that 'microdosing', 40mg of decent MDMA is hardly sub threshold is it? As Stee says, that amount is enough to get you well on your way and wanting more! I thought the idea of microdosing psychedelics is to take a sub threshold dose for a slight mood improvement or to help with conditions such as cluster headaches?

Yea it is a mood enhancer, I mean depending on the night it can get really boring and truse me if you haven't gotten the sleep it's hard to stay up. With a micro dose of mdma I'm up and my mind is racing but in a good way because I'm always on positive vibes. I can listen to music at work when I have the lobby to myself so sometimes I just groove out. I have access to all of the cameras so I see people coming long before they enter into my lobby. Idk I guess I'm just saying that mdma can be used for more than just a party drug. Couples use it for therapy and i think it can be used to help improve performance at work.

Maybe for the first six months you could be fine and happy but slowly your mental performance will drop and this will affect the mood too.There's not any severe seretonin boost from this dose but with repeated use your brain will start to adjust at these levels of euphoria and you'll start to be down when sober.It is not a good idea!!! :)

Maybe for the first six months you could be fine and happy but slowly your mental performance will drop and this will affect the mood too.There's not any severe seretonin boost from this dose but with repeated use your brain will start to adjust at these levels of euphoria and you'll start to be down when sober.It is not a good idea!!! :)

Thanks for that insight. I definitely don't want to undergo a long term depressive state. I really only was talking about using it only on days I don't get enough sleep but I get what you're saying. I guess I should just stick to energy drinks lmao.

Maybe you could consider plain amphetamine, it would need a lower dose and dopamine regenerates faster than serotonin. For me mdma used regularly is a recipe for disaster.

*this

40mg? I'm a lightweight and 75mg did jack shit to me. Do you get mydriasis when you take 40? I'm curious.

I agree with this.
This is not a solution to your wakefulness problem, especially not longterm.
I suspect that dosing like this regularly must greatly increase the risk of suffering unpleasant physical and/or mental health related side effects.
And yeah - 40mg is much more than what most people would regard as a "microdose" - although they're usually talking about sub-active doses.
I don't think 40mg is sub-active :)

I can relate all too well with your struggle to stay awake and alert at work, though.
You'd be much better off with a low dose of dexamphetamine - or better yet, modafinil.
Situations like yours are what that stuff is marketed and scripted for.

I've never personally tried modafinil, but i have used adrafinil, which is a modafinil analogue, which does pretty much exactly what you need - increases alertness and wakefulness without too much peripheral stimulation or amphetamine-esque psychoactivity.
Might be worth talking to a doctor about modafinil, or maybe trying adrafinil (which is often sold as a nootropic, and not difficult to find).

Save it for parties and special occasions - i reckon frequent (or daily) low-dosing is a surefire way to "lose the magic" and ruin the way your body responds to MDMA, and i strongly suspect it would cause memtal health issues of one sort or another.

I agree with this.
This is not a solution to your wakefulness problem, especially not longterm.
I suspect that dosing like this regularly must greatly increase the risk of suffering unpleasant physical and/or mental health related side effects.
And yeah - 40mg is much more than what most people would regard as a "microdose" - although they're usually talking about sub-active doses.
I don't think 40mg is sub-active :)

I can relate all too well with your struggle to stay awake and alert at work, though.
You'd be much better off with a low dose of dexamphetamine - or better yet, modafinil.
Situations like yours are what that stuff is marketed and scripted for.

I've never personally tried modafinil, but i have used adrafinil, which is a modafinil analogue, which does pretty much exactly what you need - increases alertness and wakefulness without too much peripheral stimulation or amphetamine-esque psychoactivity.
Might be worth talking to a doctor about modafinil, or maybe trying adrafinil (which is often sold as a nootropic, and not difficult to find).

Save it for parties and special occasions - i reckon frequent (or daily) low-dosing is a surefire way to "lose the magic" and ruin the way your body responds to MDMA, and i strongly suspect it would cause memtal health issues of one sort or another.

I wasn't taking mdma everyday lol. I wouldn't dare abuse a substance as magical as mdma. I've only taken mdma twice at work. I used adderal once and it helped me stay up but adderal is too expensive.

I did shit every possible way with mdma and now i pay the price...used it almost weekly for several periods of my last years and psychologically/mentaly feel like somethings missing. It drags the positivity even when you feel sober and ready to take matters in hands. 3-4 times a year at most and you will always enjoy this gift...

This is probably one of the worst ideas I've ever read about and is asking for severely decreased cognitive function, depression, abnormal brain adaptation, and a million other things.

Keep it to responsible doses once every 2-3 months and use things like modafinil/adderall/vyvanse that are designed for work/school.

Last edited:
This seems like a really fast way to end up with some synaptic damage. Swim15 nailed it. This is horribly fucking stupid.