Methanphetamine vs cocaine

XEstentiaL

Bluelighter
Okay, my question: I'm very reluctant to do coke for a very very very long time, if ever again. Not because I've ever felt scared of becoming addicted, although I know enough of anything can result in addiction, but because the effects it has on my moods is really not worth it. I was bumping a little here and there, but daily, at one point and seriously had to make a huge effort to not go into a psychotic panic attack in one of my classes.
Anyway, I like stimulants and I was wondering how speed compares to coke. I know the effects are similar, but are the negative effects similar, also. Like the come down, etc.

I don't think you'll find the effects of coke and speed TOO similar. Most coke conoisseurs would turn up their noses at speed, if you'll excuse the pun.
I, however, am no such drug snob, and think speed is a far better option. It's cheaper for a start, and the comedown is generally smoother than with coke (although a lot depends on the purity of each). It'll also generally last longer, and whereas I have known coke to make me do some fuckwit things, with speed you are pretty much just in a good, energised mood. It's a perfect accompaniment to a pill - especially if you want to dance and find pills alone put you on your ass a little.
I probably shouldn't be encouraging this, but I'm taking the liberty of presuming that you're a rational, reasonably safety-conscious person, and will take my next advice with some caution and moderation. Try speed with alcohol. I know the general bluelight rule is: do not mix stimulants with depressants, but I think this in case it is reasonably safe, as long as you are careful and take things gradually. Speed and alcohol is one of my favourite drug combos. You get all the fun of drunkenness, without any of the sloppiness or slurriness or general unpleasantness. killer hangover though.
Please note that I am referring to speed as I know it in Australia - plain old amphetamine, as opposed to the American meth, which is a whole different can of worms. I have had meth, and while I think all of what I wrote above can be applied to it, please be careful.
Hope this helps,
Cat

Coke and Speed are on like, opposite sides of the stimulant spectrum.....The only similarity that I have found between the two of them is that they are both HIGHly addictictive...Cokeheads seem to passionately avoid tweakers, and vice versa....I found that the withdrwal from coke was far worse than that from meth, and its the withdrawl more than the buzz that causes the mood swings, etc....The buzz off of meth is far more intense and noticable, and lasts a long longer, with more defined physical effects, whereas I found that when consuming coke on a somewhat regular basis, it would give me an "edge", but I was always constantly asking myself "Am I high"..."Where is my buzz"....Coke would lead me to do more and more in an attempt to maintain (or acquire) a desirable level of high, but I could do a couple lines of meth and be tweakin' for the rest of the day....
Some of my friends prefer coke, 'cause they dont like getting as high as meth will get you, and prefer having just that little "edge", and I've noticed that they are way crankier (hehehe...good pun, eh?) than my spped freak friends....Mind you, meth will make you pretty darn moody if you've been awake for say, a week off the sh*t, and using stimulants on a regular basis WILL create a dependance that WILL affect your emotional and social interaction.....