• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Methamphetamine now the worst narcotic?

GetMeOutOfThisCRAP

Bluelighter
Of course "worst" is such an unreliable word when it comes to narcotics as a whole. Worst could entail anything in any direction, but it seems *to me* that its one of the hardest addictions to ever kick. I've never known a single person to retire methamphetamine use/abuse. They struggle more than anything I've ever seen and before I would say that about heroin. I have met several heroin addicts from shooting up regularly for years and years who have recovered with or without things like suboxone/methadone and the like.
I wish I could find adequate data on this, but maybe some of you have heard that methamphetamine within the USA now kills more users annually than heroin does. I cannot locate objective evidence on this statement over the internet yet but have heard from more than once source this is the case in the present tense. I cannot believe that with all the fentynal goodness parasitically creeping into the US fent supply is now surpassed in lethality by meth. One bad shot with "heroin" aka fent with some heroin could send someone into the hospital waking up to narcan or the worser consequence--just dying. I have no issues with methamphetamine or personal vendetta against users who enjoy the drug recreationally--even though I would never use this substance personally and never plan on it--although I was curious about everyones input on methamphetamine claiming too much of America and increasingly embedding itself within our society.

Like heroin, orphans are created from parents dying or heartbreaking amounts of neglect/families being torn apart. I just think the drug is far worser than many think on BL. Heroin and methamphetamine do not seem recreational to me in any form. Both the high and the low seem the same as suffering. Even when someone achieves nirvana from methamphetamine rush high, it seems like a very dark wicked space to be in and disconnected from anything good in the world. However, I really don't know if anything within this post is reliable or accurate (as I am not personally a meth user or could ever see myself keeping anything within my life since pharmaceutical stimulants are the devil to me already). Its a sexual drug known for its sexual euphoria but not specifically designed for that purpose alone, but at least heroin still serves as a terrible painkiller idea that can diminish pain... and although I never recommend heroin as a painkiller in the slightest to ANYONE it does relieve pain and combat depression (yet always leading to horrible suffering when it comes to treating depression or acting as a painkiller). The point is heroin has effects that do temporarily do *something* for users even if still one of the worst life decisions to acquire a heroin habit. I don't think that methamphetamine is good for anything I'm sorry. It seems like a stimulant black hole that I've not seen anyone crawl there way out of. Has anyone on here via BL overcame methamphetamine use? Just please really consider methamphetamine use if you've been curious about the substance or want to know what comes from it. :)

Last edited:
Of course "worst" is such an unreliable word when it comes to narcotics as a whole. Worst could entail anything in any direction, but it seems *to me* that its one of the hardest addictions to ever kick. I've never known a single person to retire methamphetamine use/abuse. They struggle more than anything I've ever seen and before I would say that about heroin. I have met several heroin addicts from shooting up regularly for years and years who have recovered with or without things like suboxone/methadone and the like.
I wish I could find adequate data on this, but maybe some of you have heard that methamphetamine within the USA now kills more users annually than heroin does. I cannot locate objective evidence on this statement over the internet yet but have heard from more than once source this is the case in the present tense. I cannot believe that with all the fentynal goodness parasitically creeping into the US fent supply is now surpassed in lethality by meth. One bad shot with "heroin" aka fent with some heroin could send someone into the hospital waking up to narcan or the worser consequence--just dying. I have no issues with methamphetamine or personal vendetta against users who enjoy the drug recreationally--even though I would never use this substance personally and never plan on it--although I was curious about everyones input on methamphetamine claiming too much of America and increasingly embedding itself within our society.

Like heroin, orphans are created from parents dying or heartbreaking amounts of neglect/families being torn apart. I just think the drug is far worser than many think on BL. Heroin and methamphetamine do not seem recreational to me in any form. Both the high and the low seem the same as suffering. Even when someone achieves nirvana from methamphetamine rush high, it seems like a very dark wicked space to be in and disconnected from anything good in the world. However, I really don't know if anything within this post is reliable or accurate (as I am not personally a meth user or could ever see myself keeping anything within my life since pharmaceutical stimulants are the devil to me already). Its a sexual drug known for its sexual euphoria but not specifically designed for that purpose alone, but at least heroin still serves as a terrible painkiller idea that can diminish pain... and although I never recommend heroin as a painkiller in the slightest to ANYONE it does relieve pain and combat depression (yet always leading to horrible suffering when it comes to treating depression or acting as a painkiller). The point is heroin has effects that do temporarily do *something* for users even if still one of the worst life decisions to acquire a heroin habit. I don't think that methamphetamine is good for anything I'm sorry. It seems like a stimulant black hole that I've not seen anyone crawl there way out of. Has anyone on here via BL overcame methamphetamine use? Just please really consider methamphetamine use if you've been curious about the substance or want to know what comes from it. :)

I've quit it cold turkey twice (because dealer annoyed me too much) and gone for months without even thinking about it. That's after daily or almost daily use.

I find downers like alcohol and benzos much harder to quit and stay off (almost impossible).

Just for perspective, check this out (methamphetamine = speed in rock form)

I don’t disagree with the view that Methamphetamine is a powerful and dangerous drug for many people. For the last three years I have been unable to stop using it for longer than three months - although I frequently go several days or a week or two without taking and very rarely ever take it continuously for more than 3 days without a break for a few days.

I question OP’s claim that it is the biggest killer in the US. Unless you have an underlying cardiac condition it is difficult to kill yourself with meth in the short term. And the chronic effects that may reduce your lifespan take decades to develop in otherwise healthy people.

I’d like to see some concrete evidence of meth-induced mortality vs opiates if we are going to have a mature and constructive discussion about this.

That said - accidents and violence when high cause unnecessary deaths. And many people become a burden on their family when addicted to this drug.

I’m honestly not *personally* familiar with the allure of what Meth offers. I have pretty bad ADHD and a script of 40mg Vyvanse coupled with a 5mg Adderall booster dose barely keeps it in check. Perhaps half of meth users are just looking for relief and fall down the rabbit hole? That part, I’m not sure of, but what I am sure of is that part of the rise in Methamphetamine overdoses are the result of fentanyl lacing!

Although it hasn’t received much media attention, fentanyl laced methamphetamine has become more and more common over the past 2 years. Less-than-empathic cartels basically get to boost product potency with a relatively inexpensive option. I would assume the idea would be to lace it with just enough fentanyl for a boost of a less potent meth product, but given fentanyl’s propensity to be exceptionally dangerous in its own right at small doses, it’s a recipe for disaster.

As if heartless cartels that literally indoctrinate new members with a cannibalized challenge of devouring your dead opponent’s remains for film crew are going to measure out amounts? Couple this with bang-for-buck drug runners who capitalize on the addiction of Americans by running a mix of bags filled with coke, meth, and fentanyl in the same duffle and where surely “oops” and mixing doesn’t happen?

Ofcourse, the bless their heart Pharm industry could make lower risk stimulants like Vyvanse that doctors are more willing to prescribe for ailments more affordable and help give more Americans relief, but alas, that would hurt 3qtr profit margins.

I guess I should finish this post with a harm reduction comment. Best to stick with 3 chemicals from Mother Earth that are farrrrrr more forgiving if you want to explore the great expanses of the universe……Kratom, Cannabis, and Shrooms!!!

Last edited:
It's true.. I googled and read a bit..

"There has been mounting concern from Australian health authorities about the recent contamination of drugs sold as cocaine and methamphetamine also containing fentanyl and acetyl-fentanyl.1

This means that people who are using what they think are stimulants are also inadvertently using one of the strongest forms of opioid available."

I'm pretty sure the meth I've been getting doesn't have it. Opiates are actually my favourite drug. Meth is easy to get and it makes things much more interesting. I think I must have some sort of ADHD because meth doesn't make me run around like an idiot, it focuses me. Never had any kind of psychosis from it, just scatteredness.

The allure is because I'm a drug fiend who finds reality (especially this culture) boring and depressing.. soul-destroying. I need to feel inspired and meth does that for a while. As I say, it's easy to get, plus I love the smoking ritual. It's not half as nice as opiates but they're off-limits to me for a few reasons.

I've actually got some cannabis - I just don't like it. Been around smokers for 20+ years and never liked it. Shrooms I do want to try but I'm not in a hurry. Kratom was banned in Australia in 2020 🙄🙄🙄