• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Methadone Withdrawl breaking me down!

^. Thanks for checking, MrNot.

Im updating on my thread as often as possible. I'm still struggling, which is better than relapsing...

- VE

OP please press on, it does get better. I used opiates starting with pain meds and ending with H for 8 solid years. I found my way into MMT because I was sick if being sick, broke, and tired. I stabilized on 140mg. I was on 140 for 2 years. At the 2 year mark I made the decision to begin a slow taper against the advice of my counselor and doctor. I got to 60mg over the course of a year and had some things come up on my life and decided to stop the taper temporarily. I stayed on 60mg for another year. So at this point I had been in MMT treatment for 4 years. I began to taper again and spent another year going from 60 to 1.

I was prepared for something awful after the things I had read. It wasn't so for me. Yes, I had a few issues with restlessness legs, I was only able to get 5 hours of sleep(assisted by OTC sleep aids), and some other lingering struggles but what impacted me the most was the sense of tiredness and heaviness that seemed to never leave me. I struggled to find even the smallest chores. Truly it was enough to make me constantly contemplate using. Luckily I had begun school to become a CADC and knew that if I relapsed I could kiss my job prospects good bye. I stuck it out. Around the 4 month mark I began to notice I felt like myself again. My OLD self, pre drug abuse. My energy returned and so did my determination to not allow all I had been through be for nothing.

I have 6 years clean post MMT. I hear people say all the time that it doesn't work and while I understand that recovery is highly personal and what works for one, doesn't work for all, I personally attribute my life today to the MMT I received.

It will get better. It seems like small things but diet, exercise, and things like that really do make a difference post MMT. Good luck.