Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Methadone Tablets? ??

teekus37

Greenlighter
Hey guy's, the pain clinic are going to put me on 5mg methadone tablet twice a day to try and replace my 4endone per day.Just wondering if anyone has had them before and will they give me same pain relief, and is there anything I need to know about them??? Thanks any advice welcome.

I don't know too much about opiates but at a guess id say the transition and difference in dose responsive curve upon changing over to methadone may cause you some withdrawal problems, if you can work out what methadone is interms of its opiate actions then try and treat it similarly in the way you would use endone, atleast your not going from heavy heroin use/withdrawals to methadone but yeah opiates need to be treated with care when changing over one opiate to another opiate. I'd say carry on with the endone, i dont mind morphine actually haha :p But yeah good luck anyway :)

A 20mg oxy dependency replaced with 10mg physeptones? Sounds ludacris as its going to raise your tolerance a fair bit for no good reason. Imo, as a pain patient myself, changing to extended release oxy makes more sense.

They're a pain clinic so theyve the right experience, but yeah, just never heard of such a transition with such a low Oxy dose.

From memory, methadones pain killing properties only last 8 hours rather than 12 like most other meds. So patients get it in their head that the 'done has worne off when infact its still very well built up in there. They dose more, maybe a little more and soon enough theres a medical emergency - an OD.

There is PLENTY of studies pertaining to methadone and its use within pain management, so id suggest some reading and research on the matter.

Im pretty doped up so i hope you can understand the point im trying to get across. Best of luck with treatment either way. From one chronic pain patient to another :)

You shouldn't be on endone for long-term pain anyway, it's way to short active ,for pain patients endone is usually rxd as a breakthrough med along with an XR opiate. as mentioned switching to an XR oxy formula like oxycontin or targin would be a better move.
even a 5mg norspan patch would be a better option. Methadone has a worse withdrawl and uniquely among opiates causes heart QTc prolongation so is dangerous to mix with other sedatives.