• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

methadone maintenance & 8 months clean from illicit opioids

Mmengel89

Bluelighter
Title should be self explanatory lol.
I made this thread as sort of a journal for myself sense this is the first time in almost eleven years that ive maintained any sort of control over my opioid dependancy from the age if 17 till just 8-9 months ago

Last edited:
Congratulations Mmengel89! What motivated you to get sober?

How has the clinic been treating you?

Methadone was the single best thing I did for myself in my early recovery, though I am glad to have finally moved on from it after 2.5yrs considering how much of a PITA dealing with the clinic became towards the end.

Please feel free to let us know how we can support you in your recovery.

I had a strep punemonia last winter that almost ruptured an artery in my right lung and that would be the 4 time my opioid use caused w near fatal punemonia in the last six years so id decided to get clean my clinic has been treating me very well and medical picks up the tab so it cost me nothing

Also forgsot to say im on 100mg/day and I do consume cannabis on a daily basis for both recreation as well as medically

Just checking in the last week went well no urges to use or that have been mulling over a dose increase for a bit but other than that its been smooth sailing