• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Methadone double up?

Pigfist

Bluelighter
Good evening everyone. I have been in mmt for a couple months now. I’m still climbing to my effective maintenance dose. Currently at 75mg every morning, and have been at this dose for almost 2 weeks now. Tomorrow I will be getting a take-home for Sunday. I’m looking to enjoy it for once as I have yet to ever feel anything from methadone. I wonder if I would get a good take off from doubling my dose? Also have a couple flexeril and some gabapentin to throw in the mix. Looking for advice on how to have a great day. I also know that this defeats the purpose of my mmt, just want a break. The ‘done hasn’t been effective at all this far for cravings. I’ve been using H (fentadope) on top of my mmt. That is why my climb is so slow, because of positive UA’s.

It's pretty much a waste. You might get a nod from double dosing but it's basically just a groggy, sleepy feeling without euphoria. The gabapentin could make it fun and will probably do more for your dose than taking extra.

Bluelight doesn't really do "How do I get high"? or "What should I take" ? Threads though so not sure if they'll leave this thread.

Even though it is a serious act in futility and i don't really get high, I'll admit I do this with my take homes more than I'd like to admit and wind up having to go a day without.

It's pretty much a waste. You might get a nod from double dosing but it's basically just a groggy, sleepy feeling without euphoria. The gabapentin could make it fun and will probably do more for your dose than taking extra.

Bluelight doesn't really do "How do I get high"? or "What should I take" ? Threads though so not sure if they'll leave this thread.

Even though it is a serious act in futility and i don't really get high, I'll admit I do this with my take homes more than I'd like to admit and wind up having to go a day without.
Thanks for the reply, I just ended up taking as prescribed. I find myself in a horrible position. I’m in mmt, have been for about 2 months now, but I don’t really want to stop H. I went into the treatment just because the H habit was breaking me financially, not because I truly want to stop. If I had the financial resources to continue using without restraint I would. So I’m in treatment now and haven’t produced a single negative UA. So the doc is reluctant to increase my dose which is currently at 75 mg and doesn’t do a damn thing for cravings or obsessing about H. The one positive is that there hasn’t been any physical dope sickness once I got above 60-65. So now I just kinda feel fucked and damned to slavery going to the fucking clinic every morning, or drop it and go back to just H and lose everything and be sick all the damn time. Fml

Good evening everyone. I have been in mmt for a couple months now. I’m still climbing to my effective maintenance dose. Currently at 75mg every morning, and have been at this dose for almost 2 weeks now. Tomorrow I will be getting a take-home for Sunday. I’m looking to enjoy it for once as I have yet to ever feel anything from methadone. I wonder if I would get a good take off from doubling my dose? Also have a couple flexeril and some gabapentin to throw in the mix. Looking for advice on how to have a great day. I also know that this defeats the purpose of my mmt, just want a break. The ‘done hasn’t been effective at all this far for cravings. I’ve been using H (fentadope) on top of my mmt. That is why my climb is so slow, because of positive UA’s.

I used to get nothing from double-dosing. A treble-dosed once and nodded but like previous replies have said, there wasn't the same euphoria you get with other opioids.

Thanks for the reply, I just ended up taking as prescribed. I find myself in a horrible position. I’m in mmt, have been for about 2 months now, but I don’t really want to stop H. I went into the treatment just because the H habit was breaking me financially, not because I truly want to stop. If I had the financial resources to continue using without restraint I would. So I’m in treatment now and haven’t produced a single negative UA. So the doc is reluctant to increase my dose which is currently at 75 mg and doesn’t do a damn thing for cravings or obsessing about H. The one positive is that there hasn’t been any physical dope sickness once I got above 60-65. So now I just kinda feel fucked and damned to slavery going to the fucking clinic every morning, or drop it and go back to just H and lose everything and be sick all the damn time. Fml
I use to double dose every Saturday by drinking my Sundays take home ( I never went higher than 50 mg ),adding a benzo to it ( Valium,Xanax) and I’d be high as fuck all day Saturday. Having a dirty urine showing a benzo could very likely get you booted from the program quicker than showing a dirty urine with opiates ( totally up to the facilities rules) Around here after a few dirty urines they give you the boot off the program if you show no effort in getting clean ,I knew before going to the program that just used it so I wouldn’t wake up sick and continued shooting my coke and dope but my coke usage always went way up and getting dope took a backseat to getting more coke , every time I got on methadone that’s how things played out ,I doubt you’ll ever see an increase if your pissing dirty or ever get more than a single take home from them , I’m guessing you get a take home for the day they close (Sunday ?) if after only two months on the program your already getting sick of showing up every morning for your dose I’d bailout now while you still have a choice because it’s only going to get worse , the simple fact that I could never go on a getaway for a weekend or a week or two vacation is something people never consider when getting on the program originally , no take homes is your ball & chain …

Kicking a heroin habit is like a walk in the park compared to kicking a methadone habit.

I use to double dose every Saturday by drinking my Sundays take home ( I never went higher than 50 mg ),adding a benzo to it ( Valium,Xanax) and I’d be high as fuck all day Saturday. Having a dirty urine showing a benzo could very likely get you booted from the program quicker than showing a dirty urine with opiates ( totally up to the facilities rules) Around here after a few dirty urines they give you the boot off the program if you show no effort in getting clean ,I knew before going to the program that just used it so I wouldn’t wake up sick and continued shooting my coke and dope but my coke usage always went way up and getting dope took a backseat to getting more coke , every time I got on methadone that’s how things played out ,I doubt you’ll ever see an increase if your pissing dirty or ever get more than a single take home from them , I’m guessing you get a take home for the day they close (Sunday ?) if after only two months on the program your already getting sick of showing up every morning for your dose I’d bailout now while you still have a choice because it’s only going to get worse , the simple fact that I could never go on a getaway for a weekend or a week or two vacation is something people never consider when getting on the program originally , no take homes is your ball & chain …

Kicking a heroin habit is like a walk in the park compared to kicking a methadone habit.
Thanks for the reply, you make some interesting points that I will definitely consider. I just dread trying to kick. I get so sick I literally feel like it will kill me. Every time I end up stuck in bed and don’t even have the strength to text. I can hardly move and I don’t eat. Even if I try to drink Gatorade or eat applesauce I throw it all up, I can never hold anything down. Usually day 4 I cave and have a bag brought by. So I dread the process but something has to give. I cannot live like this.