• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

methadone and heroin withouy OD'ing

paulforaname

Greenlighter
Hi all,
Im new to this forum but been reading alot here and elsewhere but I'm unable to find my answer.
Im currently been changed to methadone from bupe after being on bupe for 10 years.im currently on 50mg of Biodone for the last 3 weeks.
While ive been on the program ive used heroin here and there.I know its stupid but sometimes I just feel like getting high. I dont really dont do any other drugs except alcohol. Now my question is if I was to use H, am I better off not having my dose for a few days as don't want to OD. Ive read different info, saying that your less likely to OD with methadone in your system and vice verser.Just want to be carefull incase I feel the urge.

whats the point of doing H when you are on mmt? if your dose is set properly, you shouldn't be even wanting to use any other opiates. Maybe you should think about raising your dose? That would be my advice :)

Man you're really in dangerous territory. Methadone, heroin and alcohol; they are not a good mix. From a harm reduction standpoint, you should not stop your methadone for the purpose of using heroin. First off, you will be uncomfortable for those 3 days, all for a heroin high that will probably still be mediocre at best (it took me 1.5 months off methadone to feel any sort of euphoria from dope and I live in the Northeast); not worth it. Secondly, your tolerance is going to fluctuate wildly by missing days of methadone, you'll have a more vague idea of how much heroin to use as a consequence.

If you are intent on continuing to use heroin, then the only way to be remotely safe is to do a test shot: a very small amount of heroin to test the purity of your shit. Most people don't like to do test shots, myself included, as we want that first shot to be as nice/intense as possible, but this is reckless behavior as we all know..

Worst of all is the fact that you drink alcohol. Throwing this variable into the mix makes estimating proper doses of each nearly impossible.You should not be combining 3 different central nervous system depressants in such a way. There's no safe way to do it, but if you start slow and build slow you can come out on the other side alive and well. Just please try to be responsible and especially, DON'T DRIVE.

Hi all,
I have been sorcing my H from same person for close to 13 years.I get told If quality changes, and this isnt street gear here in australia. My main question is if methadone blocks it how can you OD. I dont know alot about done as only been on it a short while, and read conflicting info. I had previously been on bupe.No one mentions combining those as dangerous.I would have thought that if done has a long half life and H a short half life that my done would still block the effects even if my done levels dropped. Can anyone answer this correctly.
Cheers.