• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Meth Meth use pattern & feeling my best

CarryBagMan

Bluelighter
I find this a strange phenomenon, and wondering if it's just a peculiarity about my own meth use pattern, or if there could be a normal or logical explanation for this subjective experience:

On the third day, after not sleeping for two consecutive nights, is when I actually feel like my best, true self. Confidence, self-esteem, energy and mood level are at their highest. This shouldn't be due to mere intoxication (right?), as I had taken my last oral dose (let's say) at midnight and it is now 10am. I feel this high mood & elation & "peak self" the rest of the day until I go to bed that evening.

So this "And on the Third Day he Felt Resurrected And as a Brand New Man lol" I have thoughts to myself like..."the way I am feeling -right now- should be how I feel every day, normal and sober." I realize that all the other days, whether using or not, I am living & experiencing life at a much lower threshold, at almost like at 50% or living with blinders on. So I have 3-5 of these "peak" days per month.

So WTF is going on here:

- is it merely the psychological effects, FWIW, of sleep deprivation plus coming down off crystal meth?

- but huh? "Coming down" is not supposed to be enjoyable, right? And people usually feel the best when they are actively using/abusing a drug at that precise moment in time, right? So: counter-intuitive subjective experience

- anyone have any relatable experience or possibly why this could make sense from a neuro-biological perspective??

- should I chalk it up to "well, that's just how meth works for CarryBagMan" and stop wasting people's time with trivial minutiae that doesn't matter?

I really thank those who trudged thru this, and am really grateful to this community. Thank you so much peace and love

-

I'm not really sure what to say here, other than that meth is one hell of a drug.

No, I'm kidding. Although it's not wrong.

It's been a while since I've done it, but if I ate a fewv points at midnight I would be high through the morning and a good chunk of the day, and definitely wouldn't be going to bed early that night, if at all.

So you're binging for two days (technically up until midnight the second night) and you still feel great the third day?

How much are you using, and at what times?

I'm pretty sure that if you're ingesting a lot of meth orally it can build up in your system and take longer for your body to clear it, so that couild likely be what you're feeling. I've had somewhat similar experiences;

Actually on election day 2020 I got a DUI for meth on the way to the polls, and that was my "day three". The consequences weren't great, and I had probably dosed a bit later than midnight, more like early morning, but there was also a lot etizolam involved and I was definitely out of line (both figuratively and literally).

I was definitely having a fucking blast until that happened though.