• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Meth cough

Ladi2g

Greenlighter
I have been an avid iv meth user for about a year n a half.....and I have asked this question to those that are of the same....what in the hell causes the meth cough when u get good quality and slam it? It makes the best high. Ur feet are on fire, instant orgasm n all that with the damn cough. Ive heard its from where ur heart swells up and stops ur lungs from passing air....idk. Does anyone know what really causes that?? Thanks!

First I would like to say I have only shot up once, but it did happen to be meth, so I know exactly what you are talking about. Almost like a cold/tingling sensation that creeps into my chest that made me have a crazy cough for the first 30-40 minutes. LOL!

Which I have been looking it up myself for some time (since then), and what I kinda found out was all stimulants constrict you veins. This is what causes your blood pressure to rise (as it has a smaller tube to push same amount of blood). Now, your lungs DO have a large artery to feed the organ itself what it needs, but the important ones are the TINY ones that attach to the alveoli sacks in the lungs. These little ones are the ones responsible for the actual changing of carbon dioxide to oxygen. So, as I understand it, when you get a good hit of any stimulant (especially if potent IV wise), these can become VERY small and almost cause a "blockage". Which our bodies natural reaction to this is to cough, in an attempt to reopen them. (This is called pulmonary artery hypertension caused by amphetamines or a stimulant).

I mean, I did find other things through the months, like things that said stimulants can cause these small alveoli sack veins to bleed into the lungs, and it would cause a similar effect (coughing to clear it). Though, what I keep seeming to get is that if this were to happen, you would be coughing up blood. Plus, I don't think this would be quite as instant as the sensation you mention, and it sounds like if it were pulmonary hemorrhaging that it would not go away in less than an hour.

I was just thinking about that. Last week I went through a gram in like 3 or 4 days cuz it was just shitty. But the shit I got tonight, HOLY FUCK. The cough threw me off and I had to sit down in the shower with cold water running down (idk why but I love hopping in a cool shower after a shot)
Anyways, the cough is even causing me to have real bad heartburn. But idc, as long as I get a cough after banging, I'm happy.

I just experienced the "cough" from IVing crystal meth last week. I was under the impression that shooting crystal meth was this orgasmc rush where everything in life was colorful and beautiful and people busting nuts in there pants from pleasure.
It was actually wack, when I first felt the cough, I told myself "ohh shit I'm about to have a killer rush", in all reality, I felt ansurge of euphoria for about three mins, followed by hours of agonizing anxiety and muscle tension. It was the most unenjoyable way to do meth and I had to use a .2 each shot. It was a complete waste . I prefer snorting it, well now smoke it, quickly realizing it is a complete waste and constantly smoking it like it's crack. Atleast when I snorted it, it was a calming and energetic high that lasted hours. Orally felt the best, if only I could do it more often

Simple, Vasoconstriction. Be safe and use less, these symptoms including the feel of taking in larger amounts of air, feeling cold are all signs that youre at or pushing passed your limit.

The tension in my legs and thigh's is my warning sign I had enough in my system

Either it’s a big dose of mediocre dope or a regular dose of good dope. I shot for 10 years and to the end ide cough and even heave off a good enough shot. Really it’s the blood construction and muscle contracting . If you choke on your shots that’s your body saying it’s at its limit and you really don’t need that much to get a rush. A soft cough or throat tingle is okay but when you full on choke up and cough heave or mess up vision and hearing especially you’ve gone a bit far.

I have been an avid iv meth user for about a year n a half.....and I have asked this question to those that are of the same....what in the hell causes the meth cough when u get good quality and slam it? It makes the best high. Ur feet are on fire, instant orgasm n all that with the damn cough. Ive heard its from where ur heart swells up and stops ur lungs from passing air....idk. Does anyone know what really causes that?? Thanks!

No idea what causes it but I fucking love that cough. You know when it happens that you're gonna have a great time.

I just experienced the "cough" from IVing crystal meth last week. I was under the impression that shooting crystal meth was this orgasmc rush where everything in life was colorful and beautiful and people busting nuts in there pants from pleasure.
It was actually wack, when I first felt the cough, I told myself "ohh shit I'm about to have a killer rush", in all reality, I felt ansurge of euphoria for about three mins, followed by hours of agonizing anxiety and muscle tension. It was the most unenjoyable way to do meth and I had to use a .2 each shot. It was a complete waste . I prefer snorting it, well now smoke it, quickly realizing it is a complete waste and constantly smoking it like it's crack. Atleast when I snorted it, it was a calming and energetic high that lasted hours. Orally felt the best, if only I could do it more often
Omg i feel the same way. Its awful. Its cool for a min but not all i thought it would be

I fucking love the cough or when you push down the plunger and you can literally taste it in your mouth or like you get this metalic taste in your mouth.. Idk maybe just the release of dopamine sk quickly. Thjs is my favorite method of using... Got that cough from the last 4 shots I did

I think it's related to the heart. Seeing someone have a faaat shot can have some similarities to cardiac arrest.

Understood. I think I'm going to move this to drug culture, as it's not necessarily a Harm Reduction issue in a strict sense. Can that be agreed upon? This is more of a curious item of Meth-trivia that we all wonder about, but is not, in itself a dangerous problem. The central nervous system effects of Methamphetamine are going to be more worrisome.