• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Stimulants Meth——> Addy’s? Will it work?

Jabberwocky

Frumious Bandersnatch
So my stash is dwindling. My plan is to start my taper very soon. I’m curious if anyone out there has ever gotten off of meth with the help of addy’s? I mean, it’s something right? Along with my instant releases I also get XR’s. Any helpful tips for the XR’s would be greatly appreciated as well btw. To me they’re kinda useless right now.
Anyway, yeah.. any thing helps. Thanks in advance!!!

The adderall will help with meth cravings for sure. Only problem is you probably graduated to the meth BECAUSE of the addies. They probably weren't giving you the blast off that you wanted, hence the meth. They are useless right now because they can't compare.

Bigger question is ..do you think you can be happy with your scripts once your tolerance comes down? Getting IR and ER is more than most people get so can you be happy with them and use them as directed? Are they going to be enough? Can you say goodbye to meth?

Meth is a powerful mind fuck and most people don't want to give it up. You have to convince yourself that the adderall will keep you stabilized and stick with it. Meth will just ruin your tolerance to your script anyway.

Good luck. Try and talk yourself into no more meth when your stash runs out. Then skip a few days, sleep, eat and try your scripts out again.

I have never taken Adderall but I do take prescribed dexamfetamine for ADHD (30mg a day divided into 3 doses). I’ve had a fair few short term meth binges and a couple of extended periods of addiction. When I take meth I stop taking my dexamfetamine so have quite a stockpile.

I’ve tried quitting meth in various ways ranging from cold turkey to substitution with 80-100 mg dexamfetamine.

I did not find that substitution of pharmaceutical amphetamines helped stop taking meth. If anything a dose of 100 mg dexamfetamine made me a bit unhinged and hungry to get all the way fucked up rather than just feeling a tingly baby-level stim effect. What I’ve read of medical studies about substitution of dexamfetamine for meth addicts is that the results are not that impressive.

My strategy of choice for breaking a meth run (varies a bit depending on how long I’ve been at it) is clear my schedule and make myself non-contactable for 2 days and get as much sleep as possible using a very very modest doses of seroquel and valium (like no more than 10 mg valium and 100 mg seroquel in a 24 hour period). That gets me through the worst of any psychological or emotional problems and let’s my brain and body do some urgent repairs work.

Then day 3 it’s get up as early as possible every day and get as much exercise as I can force use of to handle. Even just walking around the block to begin with is a start. I re-start my ADHD meds and fill up my day with activities and a few small goals to make it seem like I’m achieving something. Then in about a week when I’m confident I’m mostly sane I start thinking about fixing whatever thing it was that led my relapse.

If it’s been a hard-core long period of daily use I have had some luck having a couple of Ketamine/LSD/MDMA sessions in the first couple of weeks when I have uncontrollable cravings. But that’s just to break the back of the meth addiction. It’s not a long term replacement therapy.

Could kratom be a possibility? I saw on one thread someone talking about it so I googled it and it seems like it could help with the first couple weeks at least..? Could anyone share their experiences with it and what strain you used? Maybe even a ballpark price on what places sell it for..?

Late to the party here, but I'll tell you first hand that if you have any kind of a decent Methamphetamine tolerance, even 80mg of Adderall in one go will not touch you too much. A lot more gentle than you're going to want or need.

When I couldn't find shit in the past and could find Addy's I'd easily pop up to 150mg, separated into two doses over an hour. Sometimes at once. Definitely keyed up after, but not nearly as long, or as strong as I'd like even at heroic dosage.