Supplements Mental Effects of Steroids

plumbus-nine

Bluelighter
Is this even a thing and just nobody speaks about it? Do you feel testosterone or even SARMs, do you that only when you're low of natural T, and what effects would they give you? Do they only allow you to train harder/gain faster, or does there come a feeling of strength and power accompanied with these abilities?

For longer I've seen the brain as an isolated system in which different laws apply than in the rest of the body but after learning that opiates can and do cause hypogonadism, and the suggested symptoms thereof - which happen to be exactly what I got and suffer from since some months into morphine/methadone substitution - I'm not so quite sure anymore.

Nobody?

Read that Ligandrol is advertised to cause a "manly feeling" of power and alpha-ism etc. This one seems to have more similarities to classic steroids than most SARMs but there is so little data. I'm thinking about just ordering a bottle .. for science, ya know. I mean, I don't plan on build up much muscles, I'd be fully happy with my old self back which was basically infinite energy as much as I wanted and some more. Then I went down the opioid route and all gone. I'm now more/less off the morphine, just some kratom now & then (and that appears not to influence hormones as much by far as morphine/methadone do) but there's something missing. I'd love to love to go lifting weighs but my self became lethargic and I have to fucking push me to just go a round in the park.. I'm not yet obese but if things continue like they do, I'll put fat and not eating more.

Maybe tomorrow will go check the blood values of T and thyroid etc. Just that they have problems finding an usable vein even when I never ever injected anything.. it's painful as fuck, lol. Appears that testosterone has pain-killing effects.

They definitely do have a psychological impact. After going on self prescribed trt with blasting and cruising, I notice I don't suffer from depression as often or as severely as I used to. They do have impacts on the dopamine system, mu opioid receptors, and others in the brain. Can find more info if you look into neurosteroids. Proviron was prescribed as a hormonal antidepressant at one point. May still be.
The impact on cortisol also affects mood as well.

Proviron was prescribed as a hormonal antidepressant at one point. May still be.
The impact on cortisol also affects mood as well.
Yeah, thanks for that hint! Seems like it's even available OTC here, lol. Weird & interesting that a steroid is used as an antidepressant. And this one is orally bioavailable and doesn't endanger the liver. Wow! Gonna try this and report :)

I know a bit about neurosteroids but very little. Some of them are GABA-A positive allosteric modulators like the benzodiazepines, but there must be more.
Somehow I have the hunch that hormonal dysbalance, maybe not just T but general adrenergic dysfunction, plays a major role in the long-term effects of opioids, the depression they induce doesn't react to traditional antidepressants and then often withdrawal and sober living is the only option but when it's all chemical, there has to be a chemical for everything.. ;) I wanna get off the opioids anyways but seeing that T seemingly covers all the symptoms I have and miss, like resistence to coldness, general weakness & fatigue, low self esteem, etc.pp.

Testosterone is the most effective anti-depressant ive ever found hands down. Clears up all the brainfog too.

Thats with daily injections of about 9mg along with 100-200ui of hcg.

Yeah. Proviron deffo puts me in a kind of delicious alpha-social high too. I love it. Just have some caution as can receed your hairline if you are prone to it. If not (or you are bald now) is a miracle drug.

Something that it improved massively my energy previous to try AAS was to switch from vegan to carnivore. There´s is a difference like night and day. After 20 years been flexivegan and now carnivore I can assure you that veganism is a modern day scam. They are trying to get as soy boys as possible

Just try one week carnivorous and maybe you are not going back

Yeah, thanks for that hint! Seems like it's even available OTC here, lol. Weird & interesting that a steroid is used as an antidepressant. And this one is orally bioavailable and doesn't endanger the liver. Wow! Gonna try this and report :)

I know a bit about neurosteroids but very little. Some of them are GABA-A positive allosteric modulators like the benzodiazepines, but there must be more.
Somehow I have the hunch that hormonal dysbalance, maybe not just T but general adrenergic dysfunction, plays a major role in the long-term effects of opioids, the depression they induce doesn't react to traditional antidepressants and then often withdrawal and sober living is the only option but when it's all chemical, there has to be a chemical for everything.. ;) I wanna get off the opioids anyways but seeing that T seemingly covers all the symptoms I have and miss, like resistence to coldness, general weakness & fatigue, low self esteem, etc.pp.

One of the mechanisms behind testosterones antidepressant action is the impact of increased estrogen via aromatase CYP19A1 modulating tryptophan hydroxylase the rate limiting enzyme involved in serotonin synthesis..

All depends on the individual but there definitely are mental effects. You can feel on top of the world, feel invincible, feel like you can take more risks than before, have more confidence and certain things don't carry the same level of insecurity, or at least they don't carry the same level of emotional attachment to things. You just tend to worry less and are able to make decisions much more quickly without the same self-doubts. I suppose you could put this down to being an 'alpha' thing because typically from a psychological perspective, people with 'alpha' characteristics act in the moment and don't worry about the repercussions, they have higher levels of self-esteem and risk takers which can grant them access to areas of life that otherwise might not be available for someone who for example may have low T and has never found a way to overcome their own insecurities and restricted and self-deprecating self image therefore never experienced other ways of experiencing life. That's why 'alphas' get more of what they want, because they CAN and WILL go for it and their mode of operation doesn't have them doing things with the 'little person complex'. In this way you could say an 'alpha' is more narcissistic because traits of narcissism are very similiar to those you find in men especially who take lots of gear. The idea of being superior and being the king of the jungle - that is narcissistic. Likewise you find higher traits of narcissism in those who take gear. Along with this you have a more pronounced self delusion along with possible increases in grandiose delusions to match. It's not uncommon to meet men who have been on high doses of gear for a long time who egos have massively increased, sometimes to the point of being really unhealthy and sometimes toxic for those around them. Their lives completely change and this can either be a good thing or a bad thing. When it's good they attract more of what they want into their life that benefits them and when it's bad it's rock bottom bad. Now you are talking about the link between steroids and domestic violence, antisocial behaviour, deviancy in general as well as all the social harms they can cause when they are abused and things go wrong.

Some people can handle the psychological, emotional and mental effects that steroids offer and some will simply fall, lose control and forget that it's the steroids that are keeping them in a dark place, even though they may believe because they feel so high and mighty they are better than who and what they were before taking them. Here you have a good example of when people who are not well to begin with mentally, psychologically, emotionally who then use steroids as a coping mechanism, an escape, in order to be somebody that they believe is better than who they really are when excessive amounts of synthetic hormones are not pumping through their bodies. If you can handle the effects well they can and will benefit you, especially if you have low T and can adjust to the vast improvements in your health and well-being as a result of now having more than sufficient levels of hormones in your body to function at or even beyond optimal. For some though they can't handle them and steroids simply become a mask and drug abuse the same as any other.

They have paradoxical effects. It's weird. After taking them for 7 years I know they have both great and terrible effects and sometimes what makes them great also makes them terrible, and vise versa. They can help with depression but at the same time they can numb you therefore making you even more depressed. They can help with anxiety but also make anxiety really bad, and then you have panic attacks as well which can be brought on from steroids. You have the pro-social effects but at the same time you can become so numb and emotionally distant and so out of touch with everybody else (because your body is coursing with high levels of hormones that isn't normal or healthy) that you forget what it's like to feel, to relate, to connect with others. I find on steroids they both can be pro-social and anti-social. Some traits you want if you don't already have them due to biological differences affecting your brain and body etc and some traits you simply don't want but can be brought on by taking/abusing steroids; like simply not giving a f*ck anymore and being more aggressive, more insensitive, more narcissistic in general etc. It's a fine line and all depending on what you are going through, what you have gone through, what you are using them for and what you are predisposed to in the first place will determine what side of that line you end up on. I have had to stop taking steroids purely to come back down to Earth. You can be so high that you forget that behind all these hormones is a normal person who without these hormones wouldn't be like he is right now. That's the narcissism I am talking about.

For all the 'alpha' traits you don't get a guide book on how to navigate this new world (obviously). If you don't have solid foundations for dealing with your sh*t, steroids will become just another problem but another problem that will inevitably become a dependency one when you shut yourself down and feeling normal feels like sh*t when you can get on the gear and get a high and now cannot operate without them without getting your natural levels back up. They can alter you in that way because feeling normal is not ideal when you strive to get back to that place when you felt on top of the world.

After all my experience I wouldn't use them unless your supplementation is serious and you have specific goals that are transparent. If anything they should be temporary and have very few applications.

Heck @finitelifeform this sounds pretty much like what I got from deschloroketamine, this paradox mix of pro- and anti-social, of anti-depressing but numbing, on top of the world but on the edge of losing control, in the moment etc.pp. Yeah, I lost control over it a bit, yet I didn't mention that yet so what brought you to the conclusion that I'd be an example of what can go wrong, or maybe I didn't understand you correctly, then sorry. Somehow I blame more the opioids for what I did (next to myself, of course, but it's also common knowledge that continued use of drugs can and does impair judgement), on dissociatives alone I never really lost control unless dosed recklessly high, but I did some bad stuff like manipulating or even stealing as in to get benefits from, while with opiods it was bad stuff as in bad for me in the long run - which is also pretty paradox in itself as opioid users are somewhat known to betray people..

Don't get me wrong, of course the main effect of DCK is to be a dissociative, but I learned to distinguish these effects from others which aren't NMDA related. Dissociation alone is pretty cold and as itself not always enjoyable. I found DCK maybe the dissociative which has the biggest bunch of not directly dissociative related effects, it had strong empathogenic, cuddle-fluff-flying-carpet and slightly psychedelic effects. DXM, while very different, was also somewhat similar in the lowest "plateau" (something I never really got but I understand what they mean). Now all is gone and I'm just left with the disassociating and sedating side effects. As it isn't tolerance but a loss of, if you want so, enjoyable side-effects (in fact I have abused DCK just for them, my hunch now is that the dissociation isn't even what I was after) and this set in with the prolonged opioid use together with a handful other symptoms of low T like hair loss (mostly temporally), weakness/fatigue, insomnia, oversleeping and sleep being no more refreshing, intolerance to coldness (while sounding minor, this is very pronounced. In other time I enjoyed going to wellness on low dose dissociatives - a heavily comforting experience, including to plunge into ice cold water and feeling but not feeling the coldness at the same time, granter here you need disassociation but I still get that and even with added painkilling morphine it's still shuddering just to think of coldness), gonad pain, etc..
Yeah, will know more after I managed to have my blood analyzed. Or buy some T, realized that T gel is OTC here.

So far I'd say that DCK is very probably indeed acting as a steroid, be it directly or indirectly and for sure oxytocin/estradiol-ergic but maybe also androgenergic. Or maybe just a load of dopamine which causes these effects but I know stims and they are very different, there is only without tolerance and in the lowest dosages sometimes a very subtle bit of this specific effects/feelings I'm referring to.

Interesting that more T means also more estradiol at the same time.

Last edited: