Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

(Melbourne) Dangerous batch of ice

mostly-human

Bluelighter
http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/b...orians-fighting-for-life-20141201-11xyt9.html

It annoys me the unwillingness to take a harder HR stance, rather than this kind of garbage:

It is a timely reminder for anyone who believes there is a 'good batch' or 'bad batch' of any drug to think again and remember that you gamble with your life every time you choose to use an illegal substance," a Victoria Police spokeswoman said.

"Sadly this highlights the dangers of illicit substances and the fact that you just don't know what you are putting into your body."

I mean, pretty clearly there IS 'good' and 'bad' batches of drugs. If this isn't a bad batch, then I don't know what is. Rather than putting this kind of bullshit into an article, why not just accept people are going to use drugs, regardless and just put as much useful information as possible into the article, to assist people in avoiding that particular batch of ice.

Who are the sick fucks who put out stuff like this? So dumb...will just bring more heat and a lack of return customers.

That quote from the police annoyed me too. Not the time to do drug deterrence while something like this is going on.

How common are bad batches of ice? Have never heard of it putting people on ventilators before.

This makes no sense to me. "Weed killer"? Am I missing something or is this just typical media shit talking? Why on earth would anything found in weed killer be found in methampetamine? Is a chemical found in weed killer ever used in the manufacturing process?

Regardless, this is a little worrying. I've been doing methamphetamine for 14 years and have certainly encountered sub-par batches strength wise, but never had anything that's put me under/caused immediate bad health effects (not detectable ones anyway, ha).

That's why legalisation/control is the way to go... those who want drugs will always find a way to get them regardless of the legal status. At least if these substances are regulated and controlled then incidents like this would be less likely to happen. Sad, sad day for those affected.

This doesnt make sense? I know people pass off one chemical for another but usually the substitute has some effect on the consumer. What purpose would lacing meth with a chemical that, as far as I can tell, has no recreational value apart from being dangerous?

It’s understood the batch contains Paraquat, a weed killer that can cause serious lung damage and death.

This sounds deliberately done to cause harm or death, why on earth would a cook or seller deliberately reduce their capacity to earn money or risk someone taking revenge?

This doesnt make sense? I know people pass off one chemical for another but usually the substitute has some effect on the consumer. What purpose would lacing meth with a chemical that, as far as I can tell, has no recreational value apart from being dangerous?

This sounds deliberately done to cause harm or death, why on earth would a cook or seller deliberately reduce their capacity to earn money or risk someone taking revenge?
Yeah this is fucked up and scary. The only explanations I can think of is some kind of spiteful cut (attempted 'hot shot'?) or some dangerously ignorant fucker cutting meth with anything close at hand...without thinking about the consequences.

I don't know what would be worse. It sure doesn't sound like a botched synth to me, anyway.
Be careful out there kids...

That will teach people namely the people supplying/dealing this to test their product before selling it.

Everyone just assumes because it looks like methamphetamine that it is methamphetamine

Classic methamphetamine wouldn't hurt a fly anyway and does not warrent a news article about it to discredit the drug itself, This so called bad batch of ice is a raretiy however looking at it from another angle is the fact you could add a wide range of cutters to any methamphetamine that are bad and still sell your product and get away with it. Some of those cutters are hazardous or can be.

I wonder why they have only mentioned 3 or so people to have fallen victim to this and not anymore.

Could have been a small scale synth cooked for only a small circle of friends with the would be chemist having bad intent to harm the people he/she gave it too or could indicate they being young could have tried their hand at synthing it themselves together as a group.

Be interesting to know what the actives in the meth they had or what the appearence was like,

The television station is reporting the drug was mixed with weed killer.

You can almost tell they are bullshitting as in who in there right minds uses weed killer in the synth of classic methamphetamine when there are a few available to not have to use weed killer in the first place. Can you even wash weed killer out in the first place or is it one of those abnoxious things you neutralize or disregard.

Could be a number of things really but this doesn't happen with methamphetamine on it's own.

The only people responsible for giving meth a bad name itself is the media itself.

Id say if there was a large batch of this the cook would have made it nasty then sold it to the next person and it probably only shifted down the line 3 or 4 times to 3 or 4 people when they realized "we can't sell this" anymore because who the fuck wan't meth like that anyway i sure wouldn't not with weed killer either 8(8)

If it was a commercial size synth with commercial output it would have never happened.

Nobodys got the guts to destroy methamphetamine with dangerous adulterants in a currently flooded market where everyone is getting passable product as it is.

Nobody will be able to destroy methamphetamine users either. It could have happened to these guys for a reason and theres so many reasons i cant help but speculate. My choice of drug is in question and i question the fact something sus or something with bad intent was said. Methamphetamine is Australia's number one love and number one marketer it's not as if this is going to keep happening for too long.

I guess the moral here is for meth users if your scared and dont trust your product to get a couple of reagents or get them all to test it and get to the bottom of it.

The speculations continue..

My bet is methamphetamine dealers are users themselves and if they aren't.., that's will power. <3

I wouldn't sell anyone anything i wouldn't have used or tried myself first whether i die or not.

Everything to me point's to them synthing the product they made with wrong information about popular meth synths leading up to cooking it and they all ended up trying it at the same time.

It could be a large batch too and it only took 4 of them untill everyone realized not to buy it.

Just goes to show about some organizations or dealers especially with methamphetamine in terms of how high up the chain people are. It's like that classic way everyone treats cooks they hang around the cook for too long or think knowing a cook is where it's at when the cook don't give a fuck about who hangs around him/her. If i was a cook nobody would know about me but luckily for me im not.

Too me it goes first guy cooks it, sell's it for whatever a happy percentage is for the cook and then the rest follow suit and jack the price like you wouldn't believe. A batch would be better of depending on it's size for the first x ammount of people involved directly after a fresh synth to all not become money hungry and make not much of of each other.
If they were loyal chemists they would accept this as a rule of thumb.

Gahhh i can't stop going on about it i want to know what happened and slap them around the ear for fucking around :p

Too much offtopic im out of here haha.

the age said:
All four men who have been hospitalised know each other and detectives say a number of their associates also experienced similar symptoms such as a cough that lasts for days, shortness of breath, chest pains and fever.
I've seen people do some pretty crazy/illogical/spiteful things when they're deep into a meth habit. Not wishing to stereotype users of any drug, but dodgy fuckers in the drug world are one of the biggest risks of taking drugs. Whether they use a dangerous cut - or deliberately poison a person or people (as may be the case here - who knows?) - it pays to take every precaution to know you're not ingesting poison.
the age said:
A sample of the batch has been provided anonymously to one of the hospitals and police are testing the substance.
if the above is true, I would take it on reasonably good authority that the reports of the adulterant are true.
Or as 'true' as you're going to get from a fairfax paper (and the fuzz). The press and police love a scare story, but I don't think this is one.
Hopefully it is an isolated incident of some dickhead selling a bag of herbicide to someone else (as meth) - who then goes and shares it with their friends. Again - speculation; not something to be complacent about imo.

Lets hope these guys all make a full recovery with no long term health ramifications...

I've seen people do some pretty crazy/illogical/spiteful things when they're deep into a meth habit. Not wishing to stereotype users of any drug, but dodgy fuckers in the drug world are one of the biggest risks of taking drugs.

I know the meth heads your talking about. Usually someone with heaps of excess baggage or alot of personal problems will not go good on meth or they will always be confused. Stigma's are fucked too they cloud too many peoples judgement making the user look like the baddie. I'd say the real baddies are those in denial and that are nieve who dont neccasarily have to use the drug themselves but they make it hard for everyone else that uses drugs.

Ive been using amphetamines for 15 years and do not fit your typical well known pack mentality ways. I'm proud to be an independant methamphetamine user :)

Don't feel the need to reply to this spacejunk im just posting this in 3rd person and im not trying to take on what you said or what i quoted for granted.

the group/scene of meth heads iv dealt with over the past 15yrs are like pot heads they will take the good with the bad, sorry not read what really was the problem but my point was that most druggies will take the good with the bad unless the experienced

the group/scene of meth heads iv dealt with over the past 15yrs are like pot heads they will take the good with the bad, sorry not read what really was the problem but my point was that most druggies will take the good with the bad unless the experienced

Good way of putting it.

I spose if the people your hanging out with in a group over the course of lets say a 3 + day bender get along with each other and you can put up with each others shit on a comedown then that works i suppose. It's like people in groups dont like you or i will use me as an example and they all pick at you in different ways leading none of them to feel they should be blamed becuase it was a group attack. It's evident when you are being attacked they just deny it all and they probably even know they are doing it as a group but they dont care. It's almost as if to say they dont like you or dont want you around and if you are a nice person who means well it's going to be harder for the opposition to admit they dont like you and even if you ask some of them am i welcome or do you like me they wont say shit. It's uncomfortable energy to them and probably warps there highs due to the honesty factor.

I'm sure none of you give a shit which is more than fine, im just expressing my opinions.

Easiest thing to do as a meth head or if you are with crews of meth heads is to if you have a problem just say it and if they cant accept the problem that was in question it mean's they can't accept you or don't know how to talk about the problem that was raised. A problem solved is a problem spoken about however if a problem is spoken about with different intent or differently then that creates a problem.

We all ask ourselves well i do "are there any fucking legit people anymore" I'm sure there are but they are becoming a rareity. That's my clouded perception take on it anyway.

Drug knowledge is key for sure. I'm sure those of you/them that use meth and have never read about it before are probably subject to bad environments just from not knowing what's what and knowing themselves properly.

Usually - but not always. I think that it's possible this was done to intentionally harm someone, but there's some really dumb mid-low level dealers around. Maybe they put some substance like a weed killer in to give it a certain smell or mask another cutting agent by changing the consistency, or maybe they normally add a certain chemical and they didn't have it, so they improvised and grabbed the bottle of weed killer. Maybe they usually only add it in very small quantities but messed up.

Or maybe they were cooked and had to turn their 100mg into 0.5g to pay someone back or get more for themselves, and the weed killer just seemed a good idea at the time.

People in rural areas often don't have as many options as we do in the city. Could be 1-2 people supplying a very large area with low population density - not very enticing for new suppliers to move in so you're stuck with someone dodgy.

Lots of possibilities and I hope they get to the bottom of it.

One of the people that were hospitalized is one of my closest friends.. I haven't got the full story yet but I still can't believe someone would do this to such an amazing person no matter what the history may be.. I guess when I finally get to catch up with them I will know a little more.. I'm just thankful that they are recovering..

One of the people that were hospitalized is one of my closest friends.. I haven't got the full story yet but I still can't believe someone would do this to such an amazing person no matter what the history may be.. I guess when I finally get to catch up with them I will know a little more.. I'm just thankful that they are recovering..

Yeah such a needless thing to happen. Pisses me off.

Would be great if you updated us after talking to him.

this kind of shit happens all the time to amazing people. a good portion of the time there is no rational or even explainable motive. sadly there is a much larger percentage of horrible people on meth than there are decent people. being high is the only time for alot of them to feel empowered or have worth. and so, for someone who has low self-esteem to find a way to feel like and believe they are a God it becomes a necessity and as it always goes with absolute power...

...it corrupts absolutely.