• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Need Help Medical notes are wrong

Fairy of the Flowers

Greenlighter
Some of you may know my doctor is a complete bitch, not letting me have pain medication for fibromyalgia and nothing for my mental health as I'm to sensitive to antidepressants and she don't want me having diazepam, but because she knows how bad my anxiety is I stay with her

I needed copy's of my medical records to send off for a benefit I got declined for and need to appeal, I've just gone to get a summery of my medical notes over the last year and it fucking says my heroin addiction was up till 2020 when I've been clean over 19 years, if that's not enough my fibromyalgia diagnoses ain't listed at all, when they diagnosed me last February and I was referred to a pain clinic!

She's done this on purpose, no ones this stupid she even wrote other notes with a wrong date on too

Oh and the cherry on top is I can't speak to her till the 18th April as she's not in, and I need these note sent off for the appeal ASAP

Now what, I want to change doctors, but she's the best person to write a letter explaining how bad my mental health is and my pain, I'll need a letter when the appeal reaches the next stage, I'm so mad I might actually lose my mind

This doctors surgery had 35,000 complaints last year, I can see why

I'm in the UK so anyone here know what I should do and can offer advice please

I would see if you can get her to write the letter you need. After that confront her with why your medical information is wrong, and then probably change doctors. Sorry but I'm not sure what else you can do. I mean you can complain, but I don't know how helpful that actually is.

I'm sorry I don't have any better advice, I can imagine how frustrating and aggravating this must be for you. I wish you luck in getting this stuff sorted out. <3

Last edited:
I'm so bloody angry I'm changing doctors ASAP, I have emailed the doctors I'm with now to ask her to ammend my records, I've been with them for about 15 or 16 years or so and they treat me like this

I called a doctors that's near me and need to print off the forms, as I left mine to print off forms my nieghbour said I should go to his, which is the one I phoned about going to lol, then after I got home my friend messaged to say go to her doctors, which is also the same one I'm going to go too, strange, well they do both live near it and so do I, but it's good that it comes recommended by 2 people I know, I didn't even know any of the went there lol

what a nightmare!! i don't know why people in caring professions can be such cunts sometimes.

it does happen, my cousin got incorrect medical references when trying to join the armed forces. it said she'd had an illness that would mean she couldn't join (don't ask me why she wanted to!!) despite never having had it, and it took 2.5 years to sort out. hopefully you will get a swifter conclusion and the new doctors surgery are better. while you're waiting is there noone else at your existing surgery that can follow it up?

Fucking ridiculous, I absolutely detest Drs who use their position over someone vulnerable.

You need to have those medical records ammended. I know in the north of Ireland they have what’s called the “patient client council”. You can take any complaint about the NHS to them and they will help you to work through it. I’ve volunteered for them and I know the system here but I wouldn’t know it where you live. You should have something similar, even citizens advice bureau would be good for you to ask for guidance.

Whether she is good at writing letters does not make her worth 1% of your time being under her care. She is clearly not treating your fairly or correctly. I don’t care if someone has a history of opiate abuse, if you have a condition that needs treated with proper pain meds you should get them. If it means they have to dispense then every 3 days or weekly and do pill counts then so what. Those things can be put in place (again, in the north and I’m not sure about your area).

I’m really sorry you’ve to deal with this over a bloody Dr. They need pulled up more, they have been way to revered by too many people and they’ve lofty views of themselves.

while you're waiting is there noone else at your existing surgery that can follow it up?

If another doctor goes through my long history they'll see she's wrong, but who has the time during coronavirus to do that

I'm waiting to hear back from her before I change doctors, as she and I both know it's wrong, I would really like to know her excuse as there is no reasonable reason why it's changed since November last year, the only thing to change is her being so adamemt I shouldn't get medication and the pain clinic saying they want to discuss meds with me, and also I applied for this new benefit

That's so bad what happened to your cousin and even worse how long it took to change, they better of got in some shit for doing that to her

You should have something similar, even citizens advice bureau would be good for you to ask for guidance

I asked on an online what to do and they was a waste of time, said contact DWP about the forms being wrong, so I emailed the person who gave me advice about the appeal so need to wait and see what they say

Whether she is good at writing letters does not make her worth 1% of your time being under her care. She is clearly not treating your fairly or correctly

That's what I thought in the end, I have got the the point now I thought fuck this benefit which I'm actually entitled to due to my anxiety and pain, but not going to stay with this bitch anymore, even if she is the right person to write the letter as maybe I'm wrong and she's not, if she can fuck my medical records up so bad then she might fuck a letter up too, the spiteful bitch

I’m really sorry you’ve to deal with this over a bloody Dr. They need pulled up more

Thankyou, I think I might complain as she's overstepped the mark, she used to be really nice, then lockdown happened and she turned into a right cow, she was probably one all along though

Oh and I asked if another doctor can change them and the receptionist said no only my doctor who done this can change it, that was what wound me up even more, but sounds about right as when I wanted to speak to a different doctor at that surgery a few months ago after mine threatened to stop treating me I got told no I'm to complex and the only doctor who will be able to help is mine, I tried saying she hates me but they wouldn't listen

Oh and I asked if another doctor can change them and the receptionist said no only my doctor who done this can change it, that was what wound me up even more, but sounds about right as when I wanted to speak to a different doctor at that surgery a few months ago after mine threatened to stop treating me I got told no I'm to complex and the only doctor who will be able to help is mine, I tried saying she hates me but they wouldn't listen
The other Drs in her practice will be loyal to their colleague over you.

If you were to take her up about it I’m sure she would be forced into changing them. I honestly think your best bet is citizens advice and see what they say. I wish I could help you with it but the two systems, although both NHS, vary a lot.

The other Drs in her practice will be loyal to their colleague over you

I thought that when he was a complete wanker lol

Yeah I'm going to take it up further with citizens advice when they get back to me, it's all going to fuck up my claim for the benefit but I'm so angry I'm not taking her shit anymore, even if I have to wait till a new doctor gets to know me and reapply

Thanks hun, it's been good to get stuff cleared up and know I'm not just overthinking this as I'm seriously not I sound paranoid but I swear she's a nasty cow who's against me

I thought that when he was a complete wanker lol

Yeah I'm going to take it up further with citizens advice when they get back to me, it's all going to fuck up my claim for the benefit but I'm so angry I'm not taking her shit anymore, even if I have to wait till a new doctor gets to know me and reapply

Thanks hun, it's been good to get stuff cleared up and know I'm not just overthinking this as I'm seriously not I sound paranoid but I swear she's a nasty cow who's against me
Also, it shouldn’t fuck up your benefit for too long. Once things are corrected you can still get a letter from an actual decent Dr.

The doctors tried calling me at 8pm, that is way past office hours and typical I missed it as let my cat out and didn't hear my phone, it must of been to do with my medical notes I'm so pissed off I missed the call, my phone is always next to me or in my hand, yet I get up for 2 seconds and miss the call, it happens all the bloody time

been hoping she'll try again for the last hour, but nope, now to wait till Tuesday when I can call them to ask why I got a call and hope it was about my medical notes and she's sorted them out, I hate waiting

This is a clear case of medical malpractice. Your doctor is clearly a psychopathic cunt. Full stop. You need to stop seeing her, and you probably need to either hire and lawyer and take her arse to court, or make official complaints about her specifically, especially as to your medical records where it is obvious she is trying to fuck with you.

You need her out of your life entirely. I can't stress this enough. She is fucking with you and you need to put her in her place.

Well said @Flynnal, yeah I'm going to put in a complaint actually, as long as it won't go against me when I join a new doctors, who wants to take on anyone who complains about doctors lol

I spoke to the receptionist at my doctors and my doctor has said that's not what the medical notes meant, even though in black and white clear as day it said heroin dependancy ended in 2020

So she's gone through them and wrote underneath that I've been clean of heroin 20 years, just to make it clear to anyone reading them, other stuff is still wrong,
I didn't ask for fibromyalgia to be added but I will when she's back at work and I get to speak to her on the 18th April

Hmmm sounds like she used that as a get out clause, it legit fucking said my heroin dependency was up till 2020, I'm still mad thinking back on it lol

The fucking Sociopath or Psychotic bitch, no offence to anyone who actually has Antisocial Personality Disorder but you are probably on medication for it, my doctor ain't, she's just walking around un-medicated let loose on people's medical records and lives lol, telling people like me not to take meds because she's anti pills!

Sad to say there are a lot of conceited arrogant cunts out there in the system. The sad part is you won't even realise you were played by one until it's too late to do anything about it.

This is why getting timely legal advice is so important.

Don't allow someone to ruin your life and always never hesitate to threaten legal action if you suspect the doctor is trying to play you. More people need to start taking matters further or at least threatening to do so.

This comes from someone who had to deal with arrogant condescending doctors before. You must be alert to certain red flags. Even body language is a good indicator if they're really listening to you or not. I can tell within 5 minutes of being in a room with someone whether I should stay in that room or utter a few choice cusswords and slam the door on my way out. And I have autism spectrum disorder and ADHD and even with my impaired skills I can manage to detect arseholes.

I've thought for ages I should change doctor's, I even tried speaking to a different doctor there about my pain but he wouldn't speak to me, so I had to go back to the bitch who threatened to stop treating me, who has stopped treating my mental health and she don't care

Then the other day I had to speak to someone about my dry eyes, and she wasn't in so I spoke to a new doctor at the same surgery and he was so nice, I got an extra bottle of eye drops a month and some new night think eye ointment I've not tried before, want to know why, because she told me nothing was available for dry eye syndrome just the crappy eye drops I was on over a year ago, then I get told by a fellow fibromyalgia sufferer that you can get really good thicker eye drops on prescription, I suffered for about 2 years with such bad eyes because of her, when I started the new eye drops my eyes was 80% better, shes terrible