• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Mebroqualone (methaqualone/Quaalude analogue) - Tasting Notes (1st time)

babylonboy

Bluelighter
There’s very little info available on this chemical. Though the most well-known chemical to which it's related is methaqualone, it is a closer analogue of mecloqualone, a similar drug that was approved for pharmaceutical use in the '60s and distributed legitimately. Even so, it's hard to find dosage data. I decided to start at 5mg to make sure I’m not allergic, and that I haven’t been sent DOI by mistake, then move up to 20mg, and play it by ear from there.

About me- white young male, 1.8 m, about 90 or 95 kg (the only scales I have max out a lot lower than that, so guessing is necessary). I'm a pretty experienced drug-pig, of the GABAergics, I have used diazepam, etizolam, GHB, GBL, alcohol, and pregabalin (the apple of my eye), extensively. I tasted etaqualone; I wrote it off as a dud. Either I'm tenacious, or deluded, but I thought mebroqualone might be of more worth, and so a gram was acquired.

The sample is a dense, off-white, crystally powder with a sandy texture. Let’s get started.

With 5mg of gritty crystal underneath my tongue, I taste nothing. I think this is a bad sign- have I been ripped? 10 minutes afterwards, I feel a wooziness. It could be a flood of placebomine; it could just be post-luncheon parasympathetic effects. I decide not to draw any conclusions from this. I don't appear to have any severe reaction of any kind. Whatever it was that I felt, it had dissipated within the quarter hour.

20 more milligrams are rubbed on my gums. 6 minutes later, I feel good. Is it the drug? How to tell? It seems like the effect of a drug, but I'm trying to pretend I'm a scientist, and not listening to Aphex Twin on my sofa and getting high, so I tell myself that the data is too sparse to avoid underdetermination. Again, the effect is fleeting. At 17 minutes post-dose, I don't feel as good, and at 23, I am at baseline. Looks like I'll be pressing on, though.

Now, what we've all been waiting for. I dump 40 mg into the centre of a square of foil, and roll a tight tube. As I bring the flame slowly up from beneath, I draw in from above. The material melts cleanly and quickly, to my satisfaction. The liquid is transparent, runny, and of a faint yellow colour. The kind of colour I expect a brominated compound to be, for some reason. The fumes evolve, and taste a little bitter, though not harsh at all. I hold the smoke down, and I know I have an active substance on my hands. The character? Too early to say. The glee I felt with 20 mg sublingual doesn't seem to be there. 40 mg is a lot of stuff; the deep lungful I have taken is barely a dent, so once more into the breach I go. This time, I am certain, this is no blank. 4 minutes since I lit the flame, and I am stoned for sure.

22 minutes after the initial toke, I take a big, deep hit. It hits like a freight train. I melt, knocking my notepad to the floor, slouching into a heap. The rush is intense, but not all that euphoric- I am impaired more than elated. I look at my watch to note the time; it takes me too long to interpret the display. I am disoriented; scratch that, I'm totally fucked. I'm not having as much fun as I'd hoped, though. It's the same kind of shovel-to-the-head slamming hit of GBL, but the character is quite different, there's not the orgasmic feeling in the body. It's not as clean as a benzo; it feels more like Lyrica, though it lacks whatever that special magic is that makes pregabalin my favourite downer. This stuff works, no doubt, but I don't see a niche for it. Does it do anything better than the rest? The instantaneous come-up is notable, but the comparison I'm drawn to is vaped fentanyl, and it is not a favourable one. My first hit of fent was breathtakingly, exquisitely enjoyable- this is like a cheap knock off. It's better than etaqualone, but I'm not smitten, by any stretch. 7 minutes after I was hit for six, I am coming down. The fact that such a short-acting drug doesn't induce a compulsive craving to redose says something, I think. I don't think the potential for addiction is the greatest worry with this one. 35 minutes after I first sparked up, the dose has been consumed, leaving remarkably little residue. It seems pure, at least.

It seems that lung capacity is a limiting factor on intake, so I eschew the scale and tip an unmeasured pile onto the aluminium. It is a little fiddly to smoke, it doesn't form a hard little beetle like smack, but little rivulets that flow elusively, so I think little and often is the best tactic. I don't feel all that high, yet I'm distinctly clumsy and awkward. The combination of a clear mind and a limp, unresponsive body is not the best, despite what Hunter might say. I am perhaps acquiring a taste for it, as one so often does when getting to grips with the contours of the experience produced by a drug. It has some similarities to G and pregabalin, more so than anything else I've tasted, and there's a distinct bodily component to the experience. It's pleasant enough, I suppose, but probably a novelty, rather than a permanent addition to the arsenal. I'll report further as I rinse through the gram like the incorrigible fiend I am. I notice that the vapour condenses to a patina on my incisors, of which I'm not a great fan.

So, it's a hard-hitting, fast-acting, short-lasting, muscle-relaxing, and fairly unremarkable drug. It's far better than etaqualone, but as I got nothing at all from etaqualone, that's not saying a lot. If you like downers, and have a score to spare, it's probably worth a punt, but it's not going to win any trophies.

Questions?

Apocrypha:

200px-Mebroqualone.svg.png

3-(2-bromophenyl)-2-methylquinazolin-4(3H)-one

Thanks for taking the time to relate your experience, babylonboy. Pertinent questions raised. Seems it maybe might be useful for something, but not a go-to thing at all except for novelty.

^I appreciate the thanks, it's nice to know these things get read. I'd like to add that a friend of mine told me he was glad when I got through it, that it changed me and brought out a side he didn't like. It also did get a bit fiendy and moreish over time. Seems to have too many ugly sides for a drug that isn't that much fun. Hope that this trip report answers some questions, and that anyone who has any more questions won't hesitate to post.