• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

MDMA recrystallisation help

Lostintransit

Greenlighter
Hi I'm a first time poster, recently a friend of mine has been enjoying some fantastic results when it comes to cleaning up his cocaine, he uses an acetone wash followed by alcohol recrystallisation process.

my friend has attempted the same procedure on some MDMA but unfortunately the results have been poor. The end product is an almost treacle like substance.

this is the alcohol recrystallisation procedure he has followed except ipa has been used in place of ethanol. He'd like to thank in advance the wanderer as this is his procedure

The Procedure:

1. 2g of powder into as fine a powder as possible. Use some imagination here, but make sure no powder is lost. The finer the better for dissolving.
  2. Measure 7ml (2g x 3.5ml) ethanol into the beaker or measuring cup. This assumes 1g/3.5ml ratio.
  3. Warm the ethanol in the microwave for approximately 30 seconds on high. This will warm the ethanol making the cocaine easier to dissolve. Heating times may vary, and this is just to increase the solubility of the solvent, and is not absolutely necessary as room temperature will work as well.
  4. Add the powder to the warm ethanol and stir. Make sure there are no small "pebbles" in the solution.
  5. Let sit for a few while preparing the filter paper.
  6. Fold the filter paper into a 4-square fold, and cut the filter making it as large and round as possible.
  7. Unfold and between two of the 1/4 folds, fold a 1/8th fold, then holding the two 1/4th folds together and the 1/8th outside, fold the 1/8th along the outside. This will give a large surface area (less clogging and ease draining). For more information on folding filter paper see here: Folding Filter Paper
  8. Place the filter paper in the receiving glass beaker, glass, etc.
  9. Pre-moisten the filter paper with some extra ethanol to prevent wicking of any active ingredients into the filter paper.
  10. Stir the solution again making sure there are no pebbles and everything is in solution or suspended in solution making it cloudy.
  11. Filter the solution using the filter set up in step 7-9.
  12. Wait until all the liquid has passed through the filter.
  13. Repeat steps 2-12 using any substance left in the original beaker, scrape and rinse the filter paper with ethanol into the it as well. (Just doing a second pass to get anything left behind.)
  14. Place the Teflon pan on the electric heating element.
  15. Turn on the exhaust fan. (EXTREMELY IMPORTANT)
  16. Fill the pan with the filtered liquid.
  17. turn the heat to "Warm/Low -> 1". Some experimentation is required, do not let the ethanol boil, just get it to the point just before boiling. Should be fairly quick, maybe 1-2 hours for 200ml.
  18. Let the ethanol completely evaporate. Crystals will form on top of the solution, and they may be stirred/spread around to help the alcohol evaporate for the impatient. This will look like it's formed an opaque "goo", all perfectly normal.
  19. Admire the pretty crystals.
  20. Scrape the crystals off the pan using the bendable card and empty them onto an appropriate surface.
  21. Make sure they are ground as finely as possible to allow any liquid trapped in the crystal matrix to evaporate. Very important because the finer the powder is, the better it will help with absorption.
  22. The product is ready to use immediately since ethanol is non-toxic, but for best results allow to dry for 24-48 hours over a large surface area. It is surprising how much improvement can come from "airing out" very finely ground powder.
  23. The resulting dose(s) may be administered by a hamster or chinchilla's favorite ROA and may even be converted more efficiently now to a much cleaner base as well.
Mr. Hamster hopes this has been educational and taught a few things about evaporative recrystallization. He just used the cocaine, but this same technique can be used to make rock candy using sugar put into solution with water.

So where is he going wrong as I said his results for cocaine are fantastic, any help would be much appreciated.

i dont know much about this chemistry stuff but obviously mdma and coke are very different. you were finishing with alcohol, i believe mdma finishes with something elses ive read. it should be on this site. what i do is google your question with bluelight typed after the question. thats how i best find already answered questions on here.

example

"how to recrystalize mdma bluelight"

Last edited: