• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

MDMA and Brain Zaps

i had around 10g, i paid some to my friends but at the end i think i ate about 5g. The last days i was parachuting 500mg, only to keep me awake, very few euphoria. Strangely, i hadn't any crash or comedown yet.

Man, be careful.. Binging on such large amounts of MDMA is definitely not good for your brain and body. And even if you don't feel a comedown now, you've probably done some considerable damage to yourself. Take it easy, seriously.

People do not cut pills with heroin.

That's pretty much a well known fact too I'll back you up a little on that 1 ( little because I don't have any pages saved but I know it's on this site as well).

Also I don't know if any of you have done Heroin but people would be dying , passing out , puking among many other problems .. MDMA is faked easier with speedy cuts from meth to caffeine and anything else outlawed like ephedrine ..not even coke as that costs alot more..for 1...and I am unsure why else it isn't used but it isn't and it is 1 hell of a drug to quote rick james lol .

exact same thing is happening to swim now i know this is 4 years old but swim is 15 and done mdma (powder/rock) 2 or 3 times and ecstasy (pills) around 4 or 5 and 2 days ago swim done a gram of the strongest mdma that hed ever had and stayed up all night doing that with mephredone, the next morning swim was still awake and got more mdma and dropped bombs till about 5 that day, swim got back home at about 7 and fell asleep perfectly, swim woke up today not feeling too bad but swim has trying to sleep for the last few hours but every time he closes his eyes the second he is about to nod off swim get the feeling hes falling along with a popping noise going through his head and ears that last no more than a second which is very similar to how its explained here as an electric shock going through his brain. any help or suggestions? (an swim knows hes 15 and hes doing drugs, he doesnt take them regularely and is not looking for comment about his drug use, just help on these brain zaps)

thank you!

I found this thread when I was in desperate need of help and felt slightly comforted to know that others have also had these terrible brain zaps from mdma. I have never had such a bad experience in my life and I will definitely never touch the stuff ever again.

But what I want to say to those suffering from this terrible after effect, if you are scared don't panic. I went to the hospital and they couldn't do anything for me. It eventually went away after 10 days. So don't stress too much.

Relax and allow your body to heal its self and take lots of activated charcoal (from health store, mixed with water if in powder form or swallow the tablets with lots of water) to help draw all the toxins out of your body.

My brain zaps were so bad that I heard specific loud sounds in my head with every zap the first night. I heard electric sparks in my head, I heard metal scraping, I heard plates falling and I heard a cell phone ringing in my head.

The following days I didn't hear those sounds anymore but I heard and felt the zaps in my head and my eyes were pulling and it made me feel very dizzy and nauseous. It was best to lie still in a dark room and not move my eyes too much coz that triggered loads of brain zaps.

Be calm. Don't panic. I was worried I have brain damage but the doctor checked me out and said my nervous system is fine and my reflexes, ECG and blood tests were fine. If in doubt go and have yourself checked out for your peace of mind and then stop stressing. I panicked myself half to death. I threw up for 9 days and had blackouts when I got up. Never, ever, ever again will I touch mdma.

But I had to write this message for those who are worried like I was worried that the brain zaps will never go away and that I will never feel normal again. It will go away!

Detox, rest, relax. Use ear plugs if noise triggers the brain zaps. Eat watermelon if you are nauseous. Drink water. Take activated charcoal every day with water (found at health store).

You will be okay. xx

Last edited:
I used to get them when I rolled frequently. I also used to get them when weening off of SSRI'S, interestingly enough. With that said, I did not read your post because you did not organize it nto paragaphs, making if very hard on he eyesl

Last weekend I went on a binge. I hadn`t rolled in a few months so i took a cap of molly, then another, then railed another, then tried to get the roll back by railing another, but it didnt work. I was also drinking. Then the next day i drank all afternoon, and popped a cap, and railed a half a cap. I felt really sketchy, people said the caps might be laced with speed. I think they were because it kept me up for like 12 hours after popping even though i was running on no sleep. Stupid idea, I`m never being this careless again, and heres why

The next night when I was trying to fall asleep I got brain zaps. Basically, right when I`m drifting off and about the be asleep, id get a somewhat powerful electric shock in my brain that lasted half a second or so. This happened 4 or 5 times until i finally got to bed. Apparently i was twitching alot in my sleep which isnt typical for me.

The next day (yesterday) I took a bunch of vitamins, fish oil, ALA, 5-HTP and melatonin before bed (all which i conveniantly forgot to take over the weekend), and got to sleep fine without any zaps, but i did still twitch abit apparently.

Anyone have any similar experiences, and should i be worriedÉ I`m gonna take another decently long break from MDMA and buy a test kit too.

PS. I`ve never been depressed or on anti depressants.

edit: oh and whats the best test kit to test for meth that can be shipped to canada :)

I took like 5 in 5 or 6 hours and then things got ugly. I didnt even enjoy the night .After that night my whole week ruined . brain zaps(even when im sleeping it woke me up like 3 times) ,too small pupils,pain in my spinal cord(at the area where i had local anesthesia for a surgery),difficulty in urinating(for 2-3 days),off balance,vertigo.Totally it was a nice week :).Since then im not taking anything, it really crushed me .Im barely getting better . I know u won't get that much e ever again but for others , enough is as good as a feast guys :).

These brain zaps happened to me after I came back from Ibiza. I was shitting myself as I thought I'd done some permanent damage. My mate had the same issue, but thankfully it subsided after a week.

I've had brain zaps twice, once from MDMA and once from when I went instant cold turkey coming off of escitalopram. With MDMA it was after consuming a gram over 6-7 hours, and was combined with some real spooky paranoia at night-time, plus slightly impaired motor functions a few days after; strangely, I felt remarkably awesome the next day, however. The zaps, on both occasions, had completely subsided within a week, along with any other negative symptoms.

I've never had any of this with occasional, monthly 120-240mg doses, and I doubt I'll ever dose much beyond that mark again after a bit of research.

Just to add my 2c to the pool: My old GF quit effexor cold turkey and got brain zaps. Fast forward 2-3 years after she quit, she tried M, and every time she would drop, after second redose on comedown of pure tested MDMA she would always get brain zaps when trying to fall asleep. Freaked the hell out of me the first time it happened as it looks like brain damage from outside perspective lol. In our relationship she ended up doing M maybe like 15-20 times, waiting 3 months in between, never more than 2 caps of pure tester mdma. Always zaps at the end.

Sorry to reopen an old post but

About 10 years ago my pet cat once sold extacy they were pure mdma compared to the other pills in the street and SWIM would regularly partake in heavy binges involving months at a time of drinking and popping extacy. My pet cat eventually decided enough was enough and stopped selling it.. The couple months that follow SWIM would get a sensation of electroshock therapy. This lasted several months after discontinuing. Personally SWIM thought it was pretty cool but not many people get enjoyment out of electrocution. People SWIM was binging with never reported the same but then again my pet cat made them pay so they probably didn't do as much as SWIM.. SWIM also hears that the zaps associated with benzo wd are a lot worse. Tread lightly