• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

MAOI + Shrooms+LSD trip...need your guy's input on this.

transcendantturtle

Greenlighter
I'm not too worried about the trip being overwhelming or having a bad trip cause I can deal with those pretty well. I have plenty of psychedelic experience. What I'm wondering if mixing all 3 will have any negative physical effects. I know you can't mix MAOIs with certain chemicals and that it could be deadly. But what about just shrooms and lsd mixed with an MAOI?
I am planning to trip alone btw. Perhaps 2g of shrooms, 115ug of LSD, and around 3g of Syrian Rue. I also have Caapi to use too but I'd rather save that for my planned ayahuasca experience.
Anyways, I need your guy's expert advice on whether or not this is a toxic/deadly mixture or not.
Again, it'll be shrooms AND lsd along with an MAOI. I have tried searching but I don't see any threads where people have done all 3 at once. Only shrooms OR LSD + MAOI.
Oh and just for reference, I do these trips more for the spiritual experience rather that just to trip. Though I do plan on "viewing" music and smoking some marijuana at some point in the trip so I guess it's a bit of both.

There should be no danger in the combo, as both shrooms and lsd plus a maoi are known safe. Neither of the drugs release any Monamines into the synapse, or prevent reuptake, the two contraindications for maois. Lsd shouldn't be potentiated near as much as the mushrooms, as it is not primarily broken down by Monamine oxidase.

Have fun, I've mixed mush and Syrian rue for great times and mush and Lucy, so the combo should probably be really tasty, covering the receptors real nice.

you might consider LSA and shrooms; it might synergize more. be warned though; this combo can be overwhelming for some people. one person said they thought they died; but that could just be that their sensative to the expeirence.

can i ask if you create a trip report and post a link to it here for us to read about what it was like?

Edit: the shrooms and LSA combo might synergize more specifically because they both tend to be more "dreamy" and sedative than LSD. plus LSA is readily available and pretty much legal to possess in seed form.

you might consider LSA and shrooms; it might synergize more. be warned though; this combo can be overwhelming for some people. one person said they thought they died; but that could just be that their sensative to the expeirence.

can i ask if you create a trip report and post a link to it here for us to read about what it was like?

Edit: the shrooms and LSA combo might synergize more specifically because they both tend to be more "dreamy" and sedative than LSD. plus LSA is readily available and pretty much legal to possess in seed form.

Here's a trip report of me last week doing 3g of lemonteked shrooms + 230ug of LSD if you're interested. It was a total mind-**** but an amazing one in retrospect.

http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads...-my-brain-trip-report?p=12934959#post12934959

Cool trip report

Not to undermine you or anything, but it sounds as if you were pretty far out there with just shrooms and acid.....having thoughts of calling the ER and such....do you really think it's a good idea to throw a maoi in the mix? It can make thee trip several times stronger.....I think maybe a few more years of experience maybe?

I say that because in your trip report you said you just started doing psychs a few months ago

I would not call that experienced or ready for an endevoar like you are suggesting

Just my 2 cents from someone who has been doing these drugs for over 20 years

Havn't found MAOI to have any noticeable effect on LSD but it does have a big effect on psilocybin - basically deactivates any psilocybin effect and turns the trip into an oral DMT trip. That's with moclobemide anyway, I've never tried any other MAOI.

The tricky bit will be ensuring the LSD doesn't overwhelm the oral DMT - I think if you took the LSD first it will put such a grip on your receptors that the DMT could be struggling. Good luck. Let us know how it goes.

Cool trip report

Not to undermine you or anything, but it sounds as if you were pretty far out there with just shrooms and acid.....having thoughts of calling the ER and such....do you really think it's a good idea to throw a maoi in the mix? It can make thee trip several times stronger.....I think maybe a few more years of experience maybe?

I say that because in your trip report you said you just started doing psychs a few months ago

I would not call that experienced or ready for an endevoar like you are suggesting

Just my 2 cents from someone who has been doing these drugs for over 20 years

I personally do think I am ready. I've taken notes from last time and next time I plan to write a note on my arm "Just ate shrooms, LSD, and MAOI, you're just tripping, don't worry, fear nothing :)"
That alone will keep me from going into that confusion loop. And I am very confident and truly believe with all of my heart that I can do it and enjoy it. I've been doing a lot of chakra meditation and astral projection practice. I feel fully prepared for it.

Thanks for the input and concern though. I appreciate it man.

Wait so MAOIs do nothing for LSD? Someone told me it enhances it a bit like it does with shrooms. Idk who to listen to anymore. lol I mean if it does nothing for the LSD, then I'll probably just do the shrooms+MAOI and skip out on lsd all together.

Once I took around 65ug LSD with Celastrus Paniculatus (maoi) and it felt more like 200-250ug. You may want to do some testing.

Wait so MAOIs do nothing for LSD? Someone told me it enhances it a bit like it does with shrooms. Idk who to listen to anymore. lol I mean if it does nothing for the LSD, then I'll probably just do the shrooms+MAOI and skip out on lsd all together.

Moclobemide never did anything for me with LSD. I'd stick to mushrooms and an maoi for a while before you bother throwing LSD into the mix. I found the maoi was basically converting the mushrooms into a DMT trip (a lot of people say it "potentiates" mushrooms but that's not true - they must be people who've never taken oral DMT).

Sounds like a fine (and very powerful) combination to me. Don't take LSA with harmalas though (as Just Say Know suggested). I bet that would be a hell of a time in terms of nausea and vomiting.

Just of shrooms + Syrian Rue, no LSD in the mix. It was powerful, to say the least.